Thread: Russell Ridge?

mtbr member

Russell Ridge?

What's the deal with Russell Ridge? I have two bike books that say a trail veers off of the main ATV trail after .9 miles. We looked for an hour for any trail that led somewhere and found ourselves on private property every time. We did follow the ATV trail for about 3 miles but that proved not much fun and never found any single track. Is the bumpy, loose gravel ATV trail the "10 mile out and back" Russell Ridge, or did we miss something?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pinerider
    What's the deal with Russell Ridge? I have two bike books that say a trail veers off of the main ATV trail after .9 miles. We looked for an hour for any trail that led somewhere and found ourselves on private property every time. We did follow the ATV trail for about 3 miles but that proved not much fun and never found any single track. Is the bumpy, loose gravel ATV trail the "10 mile out and back" Russell Ridge, or did we miss something?

Yep...you definitely go onto private land...the land belongs to columbine archery range....But the trail isn't really the greatest.....I believe you can go around the archery range on the road.

As for those guidebooks....I believe they are in "Front Range Singletracks"....I've been pissed off as all hell at the guy who writes those before.....He's good at directions but his trail selection sucks!!!! Example MUDDY SLIDE/MORRISON Divide Trail in the steamboat edition. Don't ride it....worst ride ever....EVER!!!!!