mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Ringtail/Sharptail

Once you get on that trail from the IC loop, can you connect back to the IC loop from CR 5.

I am looking at a map and it seems possible.

Is this a good addition to the IC loop?

mtbr member
    Where is your starting point? I assume you'll be on your bike, if so Sharptail is hiker/equestrian only.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kosayno
    Where is your starting point? I assume you'll be on your bike, if so Sharptail is hiker/equestrian only.
    Waterton. Good to know that, but can you get back to IC from the end of Ringtail by going down Country Road 5?

abnormally aspirated
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Rontele
    Waterton. Good to know that, but can you get back to IC from the end of Ringtail by going down Country Road 5?
    D-tron5000, you know there's only one way to find out for sure....

mtbr member
    I never knew you could get there from Waterton. I've only hit it from IC campground from highway 67. Thanks for the tip, you just saved me a 45 minute drive, now I can bike it from my house. Sorry I can't help more, went through all my topo maps, lost my Ringtail/Sharptail map so I can't find CR-5. Like brettf said, there's only one way to find out.

e-misanthrope
    I never knew you could get there from Waterton. I've only hit it from IC campground from highway 67. Thanks for the tip, you just saved me a 45 minute drive, now I can bike it from my house.
    You're missing out - IC from Rox Village via Waterton is about 30 miles - and can be made much longer if you want. I just rode it Sunday with DWF, it's good fun.

Even better still, you can take Waterton to IC to Nelson OS, descend into Rox Park proper and hike from the neighborhood of the muckety - mucks over the ridge and back home. Just take a bunch of food.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    I never knew you could get there from Waterton. I've only hit it from IC campground from highway 67. Thanks for the tip, you just saved me a 45 minute drive, now I can bike it from my house. Sorry I can't help more, went through all my topo maps, lost my Ringtail/Sharptail map so I can't find CR-5. Like brettf said, there's only one way to find out.
    brettf put the idea in my head. he is an enabler.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by lagarto grande
    You're missing out - IC from Rox Village via Waterton is about 30 miles - and can be made much longer if you want. I just rode it Sunday with DWF, it's good fun.

Even better still, you can take Waterton to IC to Nelson OS, descend into Rox Park proper and hike from the neighborhood of the muckety - mucks over the ridge and back home. Just take a bunch of food.
    After realizing I could do IC/Ringtail loop from Waterton, I drove over real quick to Sharptail trailhead and got a map. I plotted my route and the second one you mentioned is the exact one I have in my head. Thanks again LG.

Members who have read this thread: 0