mtbr member
    Apr 2005

Ridgeline/Castle Rock

Dry enough to ride?

mtbr member
    I have not tried to ride it yet this year. I live in the Meadows and we still have a lot of snow on the ground. I am sure that in the shade areas the trails would still have a lot of snow. With the warm weather coming up this week, I think their will be a lot of mud.

Loser
    Mar 2008
    I think FunRover posted some pictures of his ride at Ridgeline within the last week. Looked pretty snowy.

Free your heel...
    Only rideable at night if it's frozen. Seems like if Green Mountain is open then Ridgeline is open.

The 5th knuckle
    I live near it and tried it over the weekend. Serious crap fest. Sticky mud and ice in the shade. I'd give it a week or so.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Anyone try Ridgeline this weekend? wouldn't mind going there after work this wee for a ride.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthonyf View Post
    Anyone try Ridgeline this weekend? wouldn't mind going there after work this wee for a ride.
    I drove by Ridgline this morning. I am still seeing a lot of snow under the trees. I am guessing that the trail will still have a lot of muddy sections. Ridgeline has a lot of areas that are don't get a lot of direct sun and those areas take a long time to dry. Perhaps by this weekend if this warm weather holds.

mtbr member

Update

I rode Ridgline trail this afternoon. The trail was about 80% dry with some muddy hike a bike areas that were heavily shaded. The only section that I would not recommend was the far east trail that is one of the newer sections. I asked two runners about that section and they said it was really muddy so I did not even attempt.

It was a good ride but as soon as I would get warmed up I would have to stop and carry the bike over the mud. The longest muddy area that I encountered was about about 25 yards. I think the trail needs another week of dry weather before it is 100% ridable.

The 5th knuckle
    Ridgeline was good to go last night. Only a few slightly gooey sections. The rough parts that were dry were not from tire ruts but someones big ass sasquatch foot prints.

Members who have read this thread: 0