Now Uploading

Ride this weekend

Where are we riding this weekend? Forecast looks good and things have been drying up. Got some mechanicals fixed and want to ride.

And hey Kirk, I do want to do a night ride next week.

Cheers,

Dave
    Just Passing Through: eatin' dirt & crappin' dust

Bad Case of the Mondays
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbdirteater
    Where are we riding this weekend? Forecast looks good and things have been drying up. Got some mechanicals fixed and want to ride.

And hey Kirk, I do want to do a night ride next week.

Cheers,

Dave
    I'm interested. Have vehicle, will travel.

Perpetually single track
    Out for this weekend, in Summit county instead. In for next week depending on day...assuming we stay dry down here, down for a Wed. night ride?

Not just famous; infamous

Where da dry at?

I've got an itch to ride Evergreen, but I'm thinking it'll be snowpacked. Three Sisters may be OK. Is anywhere but GM and DR dry?

Y'uns pick a spot and time, I'll try to show up

Oh yeah...as of today at 4pm I'll be voluntarily joining the ranks of the unemployed
    See reason below.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by coolhandluchs; 02-11-2005 at 11:03 AM.

mtbr member

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by coolhandluchs
    I've got an itch to ride Evergreen, but I'm thinking it'll be snowpacked. Three Sisters may be OK. Is anywhere but GM and DR dry?

Y'uns pick a spot and time, I'll try to show up

Oh yeah...as of today at 4pm I'll be voluntarily joining the ranks of the unemployed
    See reason below.
    If you think being a dad to a baby is like being unemployed this MUST be your first kid.

Congratulations!!!

ride
    Quote Originally Posted by sandan
    If you think being a dad to a baby is like being unemployed...
    Exactly. Still employed, new boss! Congrats.

On a Bike Related note, the Lyons 'hood got another couple inches of snow on Monday night. It'll be really sloppy up here. Road ridin' on Sunday 8:45 if anyone is interested...
    Redstone Cyclery
    intense*transition*rocky mountain*turner
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

Not just famous; infamous

Wink Thought I'd just watch SouthPark with her all day

What? She doesn't just sleep all the time? She can't feed herself? I gotta change what!?

Nope just trading in a full time paid position for an unpayed one with different rewards
    I figure she'll be on a bike by 6 months and kicking Alison Dunlap's ass in about 2 years Olympics, here I come!!

On the bright side, I can now say I gots me a sugamama--I'm a kept man One the other hand, she won't be paying for my bike parts Maybe I can write 'em off as a business expense I will be starting a part time photo & design biz, so I'll have a little work to keep me sharp and bring in some cash.

So yeah, back to biking. I'm hoping to get out Sunday for a while, probably at GM or Dakota Ridge. If anybody's been up to Evergreen lately, let us know how the trails are.

Quote Originally Posted by sandan
    If you think being a dad to a baby is like being unemployed this MUST be your first kid.

Congratulations!!!

contains quinine
    So yeah, back to biking. I'm hoping to get out Sunday for a while, probably at GM or Dakota Ridge. If anybody's been up to Evergreen lately, let us know how the trails are.
    Congrats on the kids and all, but lets stay on topic! Some of us come here to get away from all the baby talk at home, you know (and thats just TALK, ok?).

I sort of have an urge to head to gm/dr Sunday also. If the urge gets stronger I'll post back, or at least see of someone else has posted a time to meet so I can crash the party.
    Take the long cut, we'll get there eventually.

Now Uploading

So yeah, back to biking. I'm hoping to get out Sunday for a while, probably at GM or Dakota Ridge.
    I was thinking the hogback one day this weekend. I'm riding both days, not sure where else yet. May try to get a GM ride in about 4:00pm today.

Cheers,

Dave
    Just Passing Through: eatin' dirt & crappin' dust

Perpetually single track
    Quote Originally Posted by Debaser
    Congrats on the kids and all, but lets stay on topic! Some of us come here to get away from all the baby talk at home, you know (and thats just TALK, ok?).
    Babytalk already? She ain't messing around.

mtbr member
    Keep me in the loop - I wanna ride DR this weekend, but don't know yet if my injuries will allow.

DWF
    Non Dual Bliss
    You've got to take the power back. Every time she starts talking about having a baby, mention that it would cut into your cycling, but that's cool, you could substitute for it by developing a really expensive cocaine habit or experimenting with intravenous fashion drugs. Or tell her that all this baby talk has made hanging out at bars and having shallow relationships with strange women become suddenely more attractive.

Man, I wish I had someone around to give me great advice like this back in the day.....

contains quinine
    Quote Originally Posted by DWF
    You've got to take the power back. Every time she starts talking about having a baby, mention that it would cut into your cycling, but that's cool, you could substitute for it by developing a really expensive cocaine habit or experimenting with intravenous fashion drugs. Or tell her that all this baby talk has made hanging out at bars and having shallow relationships with strange women become suddenely more attractive.

Man, I wish I had someone around to give me great advice like this back in the day.....
    I was just going to mention something about sitting around and becoming a disgusting fatass. This is far better advice!

ride
    I was just going to mention something about sitting around and becoming a disgusting fatass. This is far better advice!
    You could always do both. It'd be twice as appealing.
    Redstone Cyclery
    intense*transition*rocky mountain*turner
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

My cup runneth over
    Seems like MW and parts of GM are still going to be sloppy without a freeze tonight : (front lawn still pretty snowy ). I am thinking of heading out of my house at about 7:00 am Saturday morning and aim to be at the Zorro parking lot at around 7:30 am. Hopefully the temps will drop (can't believe I actually want that!) and make it more rideable. Hook up if you want!

mtbr member
    I think I'm gonna try to ride DR and MW tomorrow. I'm gonna bring the big bike (7.5x7) and not worry about gettin' muddy if need be. I bet DR is relatively decent except for the north face with the big steps. I'll be at the MW trailhead around 11:00 in the mornin' I think. If someone wants to meet up, maybe we can just meet up there or can set up a more specific time/place.

Have a good weekend, all!

My cup runneth over
    Got back from a figure-8 GM/DR/MW/Z a little while ago (Saturday) and it wasn't bad. I hit MW when it was still frozen so it was great. By the time I was completing the GM loop the thaw was on and the top S/T section of GM was pretty wet (but not muddy ). There's quite a bit of upslope snow on MW so MW is gonna be muddy for a couple more days if you ride later in the day. DR was its usualy perfect self and Z was a little muddy/frozen at the top. Don't think I can recommend MW for the rest of today or even tomorrow (Sunday).

My cup runneth over
    Even my ride on the 'frozen' ground produced a minor mess... Can't imagine how it was later!

Addicted
    Wow, I can't remember seeing as many people on Green Mountain as there were today. Trails are mostly good with the odd muddy stretch here and there in the shade. I did see a group of about 8 folks who did MW and came down Z and then did GM...and they said MW was pretty muddy in that trail that goes left at the bridge (this was at about 1pm)...but they seemed to come through with not too much mud on them for the rest of the trail. Might shake a stick at MW tomorrow afternoon...while doing the figure 8. It is a crime to pass on this weather!

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rmac
    Even my ride on the 'frozen' ground produced a minor mess... Can't imagine how it was later!
    Hey rmac, I met you this morning, I recognized the bike! We chatted for a little bit. I was on the Santa Cruz Heckler and my buddy was on the Blur. We did DR twice riding back up the road instead of MW.

Brent

My cup runneth over
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeandski
    Hey rmac, I met you this morning, I recognized the bike! We chatted for a little bit. I was on the Santa Cruz Heckler and my buddy was on the Blur. We did DR twice riding back up the road instead of MW.

Brent
    Your Heckler looked really sweet (sorry, didn't get a good look at your buddy's Blur). DR was the best bet this morning - hope you enjoyed it!

Richard.

contains quinine
    Looks like I have plans for about 11:30-ish tomorrow. Rooney Road parking lot. Will ride with anybody who shows up, but be warned, I'll be grinning as I'm dialing in the new steed.

DWF
    Non Dual Bliss
    Looks like I have plans for about 11:30-ish tomorrow. Rooney Road parking lot. Will ride with anybody who shows up, but be warned, I'll be grinning as I'm dialing in the new steed.
    We'll be there tomorrow AM at around 8. Probably see you on the trail.

old skool newbie
    Sometimes I shouldn't read this forum, its just a tease. I won't be riding today because I have an emergency home project to do and thought I'd let everyone know how lucky they are.
    Yesterday I noticed a little pool of water around the toilet. Since I hadn't used it yet I and my wife's aim is better than mine I figured its leaking. So I will be hitting the Home Depot, taking out the throne and switching out the seals. Its the sh!ts.
    Hope your rides were fun!! (dam nit)

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy
    Sometimes I shouldn't read this forum, its just a tease. I won't be riding today because I have an emergency home project to do and thought I'd let everyone know how lucky they are.
    Yesterday I noticed a little pool of water around the toilet. Since I hadn't used it yet I and my wife's aim is better than mine I figured its leaking. So I will be hitting the Home Depot, taking out the throne and switching out the seals. Its the sh!ts.
    Hope your rides were fun!! (dam nit)
    Sometimes owning a home can be a real pain in the a$$ but it still beats renting!

contains quinine
    Great conditions in Golden today. Wish I had tomorow off, actually.

An alternate story about today's ride...

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=78759

locked - time out
    Great conditions in Golden today. Wish I had tomorow off, actually.

An alternate story about today's ride...

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=78759
    There's something just wrong about the powerlines running above that rock.