mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Recommended bike fitter in the Front Range???

Hey Guys,
    I am looking for the "best" bike fitter in the front range to get me all dialed out for endurance racing this season. I have talked with George Mullen at Peak Cycles and he seems pretty good, however the guys at Wheatridge Cyclery seem to have a lot of certifications and experience. Anybody have experience with people who were awesome?
    Thanks!!!!!!!!!

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Try Sean at Estelle cycles.. They have the Retul system that I have had good luck with

ride
    You could probably go 5 different places and get 5 different fits. We recommended Boulder Center of Sports Medicine. Those guys have medical and biking backgrounds and understand physiology. Not just certificates that they passed somebody's class.
    Redstone Cyclery
    intense*transition*rocky mountain*turner
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Corky Grimm at Green Mountain Sports. I have been to two different Physical Therapists who had cycling back grounds and Wheat Ridge for fittings and always end up back with Corky.

t.i.t.s.ceo/FR amoeba rep
    Quote Originally Posted by coyotegulch View Post
    Corky Grimm at Green Mountain Sports. I have been to two different Physical Therapists who had cycling back grounds and Wheat Ridge for fittings and always end up back with Corky.
    and he has beer in the fridge!
    I'm a cowboy on a steel horse i ride!

the blog

Thread Terrorist
    Try going back into road riding. I think fit is determined on the style you ride and what works for you. Getting several opinions on body position is good, but it all goes out the door when you descend and climb (Mtbing seems too dynamic).

Very much like fork and shock settings, everyone has a different theory. Research, garner as much advice as you can, ride, drink beer, try new settings, ride, drink more beer, try other settings, ride.

The good news is you'll ride more figuring things out... which will make you more in shape... which will make you faster... which will allow you to win.

Take 'turn' coaching from DH pros. Those guys know how to properly position a body in a turn. Lee McCormick, James Wilson, Leland, one of those guys.
    Golden Bike Park Group

Peak Cycles Gravity Team & Bikeparts.com
    Trestle Bike Park

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Give Johnny B at Adventure Cycles a call. He's always done good by me.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ignazjr View Post
    You could probably go 5 different places and get 5 different fits. We recommended Boulder Center of Sports Medicine. Those guys have medical and biking backgrounds and understand physiology. Not just certificates that they passed somebody's class.
    On-Point^

Andy wrote the book...with Fred.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by KarateChicken View Post
    On-Point^

Andy wrote the book...with Fred.
    AND these guys work with insurance. You can have your PCP "prescribe" a bike fit, possibly lowering your out of pocket but certainly being applied towards your deductible. Even better if you have a surplus in your HSA/FSA

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Chris Jacobson - owner of Sports Garage in Boulder. Serotta flys him to NY a couple times a year to teach other shops how to fit. He is excellent.

mtbr member
    Randon at Old Town Bikes downtown Springs is great!

mtbr member
    Got agree with Randon at old town....the dudes at Ascent ain't bad either

mtbr member
    I second Boulder Center for Sports Medicine. I have physiological issues which need to be accommodated by a medical bike fit. BCSM will address medical bike fit issues you might not realize you have.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by yetiquattro View Post
    Chris Jacobson - owner of Sports Garage in Boulder. Serotta flys him to NY a couple times a year to teach other shops how to fit. He is excellent.
    Serotta is awesome. They were so kind as to bring some great bikes to the 2010 San Diego Custom Bike Show. The shodddy craftsmanship on their show bikes was very revealing as to what they have become. Then tig welds on the steel frames they brought were highly uneven and horrible. The cf/ti road bike they brought had a nice gap in the obviously shoddy weld at the seatpost/bb junction. It was so bad, my daughter who is untrained in bicycle design/fabrication could even see that their bikes were not worthy compared to other in attendance, like Soulcraft, Sendero, Wolfhound, etc. If this is what they are bringing to a bike show, what kind of garbage do they sell to the consumer other than brand recognition? The misguided notion that Serotta somehow adds legitimacy to someone nowdays by supporting them is sadly misguided. Thanks for the heads-up on Sports Garage as a place to avoid though.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by KarateChicken View Post
    Serotta is awesome. They were so kind as to bring some great bikes to the 2010 San Diego Custom Bike Show. The shodddy craftsmanship on their show bikes was very revealing as to what they have become. Then tig welds on the steel frames they brought were highly uneven and horrible. The cf/ti road bike they brought had a nice gap in the obviously shoddy weld at the seatpost/bb junction. It was so bad, my daughter who is untrained in bicycle design/fabrication could even see that their bikes were not worthy compared to other in attendance, like Soulcraft, Sendero, Wolfhound, etc. If this is what they are bringing to a bike show, what kind of garbage do they sell to the consumer other than brand recognition? The misguided notion that Serotta somehow adds legitimacy to someone nowdays by supporting them is sadly misguided. Thanks for the heads-up on Sports Garage as a place to avoid though.
    Whether Serrota can make a bike a not has nothing to do with Chris and his ability as a fitter.
    Boulder center for sports medicine tried to fit me twice and made my condition worse. After a whole winter of PT for my knee I'm finally healed. And thanks to Chris I'm riding better and without any pain.
    This is just my experience. My preference is, and always will be Sports Garage.

It's your body though so do what you will.

Good luck.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Call these guys and they should be able to help you.

FITTERS

Oh wait, you meant bike.

Do it yourself and save some money. Unless you are going full custom, there is no need.

Members who have read this thread: 1