Hairshirt Rider

Palmer Park Trail Work 10/13, 5PM

We'll be meeting at the "bathroom" lot near the stables on the West side of the park.

The plan is to continue working on the Edna Mae connector.

I'm going to be out of town the last two weeks of October, so if someone else would like to facilitate the Thursday night work I can hand off the tools when we finish up.

rr
    I don't do PC
    I'll be there, but a bit late, I have a parent/teacher conf. at 4:40 so I should make it around 5:30.

MPLS transplant
    Apr 2005
    bump...bump

We would love all who are able to come out.

Also, what are people thinking about a night ride after work?

Adventurous Hacker
    Jul 2004

Limited Support

Quote Originally Posted by mcarples
    bump...bump

We would love all who are able to come out.

Also, what are people thinking about a night ride after work?
    Can you guys use a trail work newbie? I suppose it's about time I left something in the park besides blood and skin. BTW, I'll have a curfew--I have to pick up my daughter from v-ball practice downtown at 6 so I can only work until about 5:40. I'm assuming you have tools? V-ball ends in a couple weeks so if work continues in November, I'll no longer have a time constraint on Thursdays--just darkness, I guess.
    All other things are rarely equal . . .

Shinobi-Wan Kenobi Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Fischman
    Can you guys use a trail work newbie? I suppose it's about time I left something in the park besides blood and skin. BTW, I'll have a curfew--I have to pick up my daughter from v-ball practice downtown at 6 so I can only work until about 5:40. I'm assuming you have tools? V-ball ends in a couple weeks so if work continues in November, I'll no longer have a time constraint on Thursdays--just darkness, I guess.
    Absolutely--the more the merrier! Loudpaulz will bring all of the tools out and he has some extra gloves too, but if you have any work gloves that you like, I would suggest bringing them.

Trail maintenance is pretty easy to grasp (despite being a fair bit of work physically). Basically what we are doing is making sure that the water has a place to go other than the trail. This means digging out channels for the water to get water off the trail and building up water bars usually. You'll catch on in no time at all.

Adventurous Hacker
    Jul 2004

Thanks--I'll be there

Look for a little teal subaru wagon
    All other things are rarely equal . . .

MPLS transplant
    Apr 2005
    sorry guys, I hurt my knee climbing the other day, plus I've been fasting all day so I'm weak as hell.

Members who have read this thread: 0