My leg feels funny

OT - Stolen bike transporter

My 1999 Jeep Cherokee (XJ) was stolen on Friday the 9th. I don't have any pictures but its black, has aftermarket fog lights installed on the bumper and factory fog lights under the bumper. It has tow hooks on the front, was stock suspension and had two rockymounts bike racks and a thule rack on the roof.

It's a longshot putting it out here but if anyone sees a Jeep matching this description please PM me. Its going to have a broken "wing" window on the drivers side rear window as thats how they seem to like to get into it (2nd time in 3 months...).

Thanks.

I work in .001 tolerances
    ^^ Having had my XJ stolen 4 yrs ago, I feel your pain.
    Will keep an eye out for sure

My leg feels funny
    Quote Originally Posted by HomegrownMN View Post
    ^^ Having had my XJ stolen 4 yrs ago, I feel your pain.
    Will keep an eye out for sure
    Thanks

BTW any stickers, brand of tires, rims? Anything helps...

My leg feels funny
    No stickers, stock aluminum rims, BFG all terrains. Unfortunately not much to tell.

FWIW I doubt its driving around, its probably sitting on the street somewhere and someone just hasn't even thought that it might be stolen.

If you see a cherokee with a broken wing window just take a look at the ignition to see if the cylinder is still there, chances are that if its missing then that is a stolen car.

I live in west highland and found it a mile from my house last time but this time I've searched all over sloans, berkley, highland, applewood, edgewater, wheat ridge, arvada, and other nearby neighborhoods with no luck.

Just in case here's the rims that would be on it

not actually bad :)
    Got a phone call into a guy at work that had the same thing stolen within the past month.
    They found it - a little bit trashed, but I am not sure if they caught the losers that stole it. Should know more tomorrow - will let you know.
    I work over by Regis, but I think it was stolen from his house - not sure where he lives - I think Arvada.
    Old Codger

My leg feels funny
    Quote Originally Posted by bad_andy View Post
    Got a phone call into a guy at work that had the same thing stolen within the past month.
    They found it - a little bit trashed, but I am not sure if they caught the losers that stole it. Should know more tomorrow - will let you know.
    I work over by Regis, but I think it was stolen from his house - not sure where he lives - I think Arvada.
    Was it a blue one with a lift? One got ditched in front of my house a month ago. I guess cherokee's in near the highlands area are pretty popular to steal these days.

I guess cherokee's in near the highlands area are pretty popular to steal these days.
    Yup, not just the Highlands. It's more a Cherokee thing.
    Mines been stolen once, broken into 5+ times, and cleaned out a couple times.
    Woke up to a broken D.side window a month ago on a Sat morning. Nothing stolen(this time) but someone/something must have scared them off. I'm in the Highlands as well.
    F'n thieves

mtbr member
    Hope you find it in one piece, goodluck!

Candlestick Maker
    Sucky! I had my YJ stolen years ago. The police finally found parts of it in a box van that was abandoned at one of the I-25 Park and Ride lots.

Best of luck finding your XJ in one piece!
    baker

I will PM you the guy's contact info.
    His was a nice looking dark green one.
    Old Codger

mtbr member
    Just wait until you get parking tickets. That's how a friend of mine found her stolen XJ. The thieves parked it, and it racked up 5 parking tickets while it was reported stolen. Also, DPD made my friend pay the parking tickets and to remove the boot the thing had acquired. ****ing mess, that DPD.

My leg feels funny
    Quote Originally Posted by rogbie View Post
    Just wait until you get parking tickets. That's how a friend of mine found her stolen XJ. The thieves parked it, and it racked up 5 parking tickets while it was reported stolen. Also, DPD made my friend pay the parking tickets and to remove the boot the thing had acquired. ****ing mess, that DPD.
    haha, yeah I have an unpaid ticket that I've been checking every night to see if it got any new ones attached. Pretty lame if it gets a ticket and I still have to pay it.

MK_
    carpe maņana
    Quote Originally Posted by liqwid View Post
    haha, yeah I have an unpaid ticket that I've been checking every night to see if it got any new ones attached. Pretty lame if it gets a ticket and I still have to pay it.
    Hope the insurance would cover such an event.
    Good luck!

_MK

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by a*holes

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by liqwid View Post
    The funny part is, even with a stolen car report on the vehicle, why aren't the parking enforcement checking for that? They have to run the plates to write a ticket. How does the stolen car report not show up? Silly cops; left hand doesn't know what the right hand's doing.

banned
    The funny part is, even with a stolen car report on the vehicle, why aren't the parking enforcement checking for that?

My leg feels funny
    The funny part is, even with a stolen car report on the vehicle, why aren't the parking enforcement checking for that? They have to run the plates to write a ticket. How does the stolen car report not show up? Silly cops; left hand doesn't know what the right hand's doing.
    Yeah thats pretty unbelievable but good to know I'm not totally off my rocker for looking it up on denverpvb.

My leg feels funny
    For anyone who was curious the Jeep turned up last night. They ditched it in the Park Hill neighborhood.

Bastards cut a huge chunk out of the back of the drivers seat, stabbed the back seat, cut a triangle in the headliner, and broke off the center console lid.... At least it still runs and they didn't decide to wrap it around anything or push it off a cliff.

Glad to hear you found her, but d@mn I know how much that sucks

My leg feels funny
    Quote Originally Posted by HomegrownMN View Post
    Glad to hear you found her, but d@mn I know how much that sucks
    Thanks man, still beats having to shop for a new (to me) vehicle

Hmmm.
    Don't know if you talked to Art or not, but from that damage it sounds like it could be the same jackwagon perps.
    (His damage was worse, but same type things for those you mentioned).
    Old Codger

My leg feels funny
    No kidding? I haven't called him but will. Insurance company totaled it due to the cost of replacing the seats. I thought about just paying the salvage company to get it back and doing the work my self (the junkyard I go to only charges $75 for a seat). Then noticed that the airbag light is permanently on, the windows don't roll down/up any more and I had a very nice sized oil puddle on my driveway so I am going to take the check and run.

Boo on thieves.

Thread Terrorist
    Thanks for the update. Bummer that you got it recovered and it wasn't worth keeping. Hopefully you can get something a little nicer.
    Golden Bike Park Group

Peak Cycles Gravity Team & Bikeparts.com
    Trestle Bike Park

My leg feels funny
    Thanks man. I ended up opting for something cheaper (98 Subaru Legacy Wagon). This way I can't get my Colorado card pulled.

Members who have read this thread: 0