OT : Selling oldish Comic Books on the front range- Mtbr.com
    Digital Toast

OT : Selling oldish Comic Books on the front range

I'm from the Panhandle of Nebraska but I visit the front range almost weekly. However I still haven't found a place to unload all my comic books. I offered them to my kids but they really have no interest in them and that's fine. They don't need to pick up that bad habit. Most of them are 1990 - 1996ish in vintage. I'm hoping someone can point me towards a place that I can just take the whole lot(two large comic book boxes) drop them off, let them go thru them and get a fair price for them. I'm not expecting to get a lot, but I want them out of my storage room. Thanks for any info.

Bike related...all moneys received from said sale of books will go towards the Kids and I, Keystone summer weekend.

Thanks again.

Zero

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I don't know these guys nor have I been to their store but check out their website:

http://www.milehighcomics.com/

Is that a Turner headtube badge I see?
    Don't load onto your day your year's burden

Digital Toast
    I was there a long long time ago. About the same time I was buying comics. Go figure huh? Yep it's a Turner badge. Bought a Spot from Redstone Cyclery late last year. Love the ride.

I'll drop them a email and see what would be the best way to go about dropping them off.

Rolling
    If you had a box of silver age books, I would be telling you to call me.

Good luck with that but be warned. Dealers usually give about half of what the book value is and that is only the books in demand. Hopefully you have some Dark Horse books and other independents because the early 90s was the era of those in quality books.

Digital Toast
    I was a art major so it was mostly about the good artists. Mostly Image stuff. I'm not expecting much. I just wanna get something other then a warm orange blaze out of them.

mtbr member
    You might want to explore donating them to a library. If a library accepts your donation, you will be able to decide what their value is and deduct the total amount from your taxes if you itemize your tax return. That likely would give you a better value while avoiding just tossing them out.

Stiff yet compliant
    Try the Android's Dungeon in Springfield.

Frame Building Moderator

Erm...

Your comics are mostly worth less than their original cover price, or in some cases, less than the paper they are printed on.

The 90s was a classic bubble situation for both comics and trading cards. Both crashed, most likely never to recover. Image was one of the publishers that existed pretty much entirely because of the speculation, so there are zillions of copies of those floating around all over the place - and pretty much nobody who wants them.

You can read all about it online:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modern_...culator_market

I also had about a thousand comics from this (middle school, for me) era. I gave them all to my nephews.

-Walt

Quote Originally Posted by Zeroack
    I was a art major so it was mostly about the good artists. Mostly Image stuff. I'm not expecting much. I just wanna get something other then a warm orange blaze out of them.

imaorobbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Moustache rider
    Try the Android's Dungeon in Springfield.
    I hear he has a huge bootleg video collection.

Digital Toast
    If I get enough for a trip to Ziggy's Coffee for me and my kids, I'll be happy. Not expecting any huge amount.

Members who have read this thread: 0