Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Almost Human
    Sep 2007

OT Elway FAIL***** BRONCOS FAIL*****

Can I just say it already? Elway = FAIL, big time.

I've never liked golden boy since the treatment Dan Reeves got
    on his way out. Then they brought in Waaaade. Mr. Booooring.
    Double FAIL.

But I succumbed and almost became a Bronco's
    fan this year after seeing boy wonder and his Holy Grail.

Alas, today I see $90 mil is the offer for an over-the-hill QB
    with fused vertebrae in his neck and a questionable future in-lieu
    of a young QB with more charisma and public appeal than Elway
    ever had or will ever have. Who cares if he believes in God?
    He's fun to watch. It's (was) exciting again.

But Elway has reached a new low with this one. Elway needs to
    go away. No one will trust him from this point on. BRONCOS FAIL.

Go Cowboys! Again.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleTrail View Post

Double FAIL.

But I succumbed and almost became a Bronco's
    fan this year after seeing boy wonder and his Holy Grail.

Alas, today I see $90 mil is the offer for an over-the-hill QB
    with fused vertebrae in his neck and a questionable future in-lieu
    of a young QB with more charisma and public appeal than Elway
    ever had or will ever have. Who cares if he believes in God?
    He's fun to watch. It's (was) exciting again.

Go Cowboys! Again.
    ^^^^^QFT!

BOTH Manning and Tebow represent a risk but IMO Tebow represents a lot more up side than Manning. The fans love him, not just Bronco fans, and if he achieves his potential he can be with the Broncos for many years. OTH, Manning has proven skills but it is unknown if he will be healthy and even if he is healthy he won't have but a few years left of top caliber playing due to his age.

I do not like Elway.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by speedier racer View Post
    A non Broncos fan complaining about not being a Broncos fan, oh no. Real Broncos fans won't miss you, Tebow, or the Tebofanatics once Elway gets rid of him. NFL quarterbacks don't throw rocket balls into the dirt. BTW, who would want arguably the best quarterback ever..... And no, I am no talking about Timmy, which NFL teams are already saying they would not want him. So its not just an Elway thing, its a NFL thing to not want Timmy as the QB.
    Well said.
    Go Broncos!

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    A non Broncos fan complaining about not being a Broncos fan, oh no. Real Broncos fans won't miss you, Tebow, or the Tebofanatics once Elway gets rid of him. NFL quarterbacks don't throw rocket balls into the dirt. BTW, who would want arguably the best quarterback ever..... And no, I am no talking about Timmy, which NFL teams are already saying they would not want him. So its not just an Elway thing, its a NFL thing to not want Timmy as the QB.

Almost Human
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinone View Post
    ^^^^^QFT!

BOTH Manning and Tebow represent a risk but IMO Tebow represents a lot more up side than Manning. The fans love him, not just Bronco fans, and if he achieves his potential he can be with the Broncos for many years. OTH, Manning has proven skills but it is unknown if he will be healthy and even if he is healthy he won't have but a few years left of top caliber playing due to his age.

I do not like Elway.
    The Broncos only hope is that PM is a decent guy who understands more
    about trust and teamwork than Elway does and doesn't want to take
    Tebow out by accepting the offer.

Though should he do so it would certainly create an interesting season
    with not only a potential Tebow-Orton rematch, but a Tebow-Manning
    game to boot.

mtbr member
    Huh? What are you talking about?

Chronic 1st-timer
    Quote Originally Posted by skiahh View Post
    huh? What are you talking about?
    qft!
    Trailwrecker at large

Almost Human
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by speedier racer View Post
    If PM were A+ material then Indy wouldn't have let him go. They know
    something that we don't. Like one hit, lights out.

This doesn't look football fit to me and just what is Elway doing with his hand
    in there? I think he actually has a woody for Manning.

Last edited by UncleTrail; 03-16-2012 at 09:18 PM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I don't think they would let Tebow use 29inch wheels on the football field
    Last edited by speedier racer; 03-16-2012 at 08:42 PM. Reason: miss quote

I'm with stupid
    Im all for manning! Then the playbook will go past 6 plays....

p.s. Disclaimer Im a well know Tebow hater.

mtbr member
    How about a real QB that can actually throw the ball for crying out loud. Tebow is not an NFL QB and requires a back up and complete playbook made around someone who can't do the one thing an NFL QB must be able to do.....Throw The Ball.
    My Team: Feedback Sports Racing

Almost Human
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by hitechredneck View Post

Looks like you'll get your wish.

Source: Peyton Manning Agrees To Terms With Denver Broncos : RedZone Talk

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Thanks, Elway, now we actually have a quarterback. Thank you thank you thank you.

edit: only an offer so far? I wonder who PM will actually sign with.
    Who's in charge, the thinker or the thought?

mtbr member

Unlike you, I'm not a Tebow hater. I have a lot of respect for him in numerous areas, except for his passing ability (or lack thereof).

It's easy to understand why his supporters are so supportive, but it tickles me when I hear folks talk about how if the Broncos let him go it will irreparably damage the team in the eyes of the fans.

One thing I've learned in the 18 years I've lived in CO, Broncos fans will be Broncos fans no matter who they put on the field.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Tebow's contract is not very much $$, I say keep him (if he'll stay), let him play WR and backup qb.

Manning plays the first three qtrs till his neck gets stiff, then bring in the Tebow as qb for the fourth, that's the only time he turns it on anyway.

mtbr member
    What is QFT???

Now with 20% more fat!!
    QFT = quoted for truth... or quantum field theory... but I think here it means quoted for truth. lol

I'm assuming they will make Manning an offer and then move Tebow to his true position of Fullback.

friend of Apex

Double FAIL.

"they" = Bowlin (Broncos owner)
    He then fired Wade and brought in Shanny, who subsequently won 2 superbowls (with Elway)

Bowlin has proven over and over he will do what it takes to win superbowls, not just sell tickets.
    Which is why Tebow is out and Manning is in.

Get over your deep seated Elway hate. He's a winner, and like Bowlin he will do what it takes to do so. Even if that means leaving Dan Reeves fans butthurt many years later.

So- Do you want to watch Tebow (which I did enjoy, not a h8r), or do you want to have a reason to overturn some cars and start them on fire?
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

Slopestyle Rider
    So Uncle Trail, if you are a Cowboys fan (which I am too) then you would know what a good quarterback looks like. Staubach, Meredith, Danny White, Troy Aikman and now Romo... You of all people should be able to tell that Teblow can't even throw a damn spiral.
    Last edited by joelalamo45; 03-17-2012 at 02:01 PM.

Living the High Life
    I'll chime in as a non Bronco fan.

I'm from WI. Go Packers, go Badgers.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by joelalamo45 View Post
    So Uncle Trail, if you are a Cowboys fan (which I am too) then you would know what a good quarterback looks like. Staubach, Meredith, Danny White, Troy Aikman and now Romo... You of all people should be able to tell that Teblow can't even throw a damn spiral.
    Those other guys are/were good football players, but Romo chokes every time he is under any real pressure.

I like Tebow, he's a model citizen, and is very competitive, but is very limited as a pro style QB. Elway wants to win and win now and he is making the right decision by going after Manning. Unfortunately, I believe Manning will end up with the Titans, hopefully that is not the case though!

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithnu View Post
    I'll chime in as a non Bronco fan.

I'm from WI. Go Packers, go Badgers.

From WI as well. Packers fan first and foremost, but was a Broncos fan as well long before I moved to CO. Would love to see them meet in the SB every year, and with Tebow, thats not an option.

Almost Human
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by joelalamo45 View Post
    I see you added Aikman? I was scratching my head wondering how you
    missed that one.

However, I wouldn't put Danny White or Romo in the same class as a
    Staubach or Aikman.

Let me set things straight too. I'm not talking about how good Tebow
    is. I'm talking about the message that Elway just sent to the team by
    publicly stating that Tebow IS the man, then at the 1st opportunity he
    runs off and goes gaga over a has-been player. WTF?

As far as Dan Reeves goes.
    Dan Reeves was a hell of an athlete. He not only played pro football, but
    pro baseball also. He was a starting QB his soph yr in college. He went to 2
    Superbowls and the Cowboys went to the playoffs every year of the 8
    years he was there playing. Maybe he's not the greatest coach in the
    world. But he sure didn't deserve the verbal smack down he got from Elway when
    he left. And you can't tell me that Elway was THE reason the Broncos won
    the Superbowl, b/c they stunk it up bad with Wade running things. It was
    PAINFUL to watch, and listening to that dullard post-game was nothing
    short of torture.

Also don't forget, Shanahan was mentored by Reeves. But it was Reeves
    who put the Broncos on the map.

Just my opinion.
    Elway FAILS b/c he has no class and he doesn't understand TEAM. Elway
    is jealous of the publicity Tebow gets and he misses being the center of
    attention. We're now watching the Elway Show. Anyway, whatever
    happens from here on out, Tebow is looking for a new job. Broncos FAIL.
    That's just a damn shame.

zrm
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    OK, so I'm not much of a ball game fan. It's been at least 3-4 years since I've watched a football game.
    When I listen to all this back and forth about Tebow, I wonder that even if it's true that his passing skills are sub par, why could he not get better at it? It seems he has the physical gifts, is throwing a football not a skill that a person with the physical abilities can learn? From what I've read, the guy has a really strong work ethic.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by zrm View Post
    OK, so I'm not much of a ball game fan. It's been at least 3-4 years since I've watched a football game.
    When I listen to all this back and forth about Tebow, I wonder that even if it's true that his passing skills are sub par, why could he not get better at it? It seems he has the physical gifts, is throwing a football not a skill that a person with the physical abilities can learn? From what I've read, the guy has a really strong work ethic.
    His mechanics are just flawed flawed flawed. Picture giving the ball to a running back. You expect him to run, that's what he's good at. Now you ask him to pass: he goes back and throws the most god awful wobbly pass but, hey, he's just a running back, what do you expect?

Tebow's flawed mechanics are who he is. There's no denying his athleticism, or his desire, but there's no denying that he will never be a pocket passer which is essential in the NFL. His working on getting better? All he's done the past two years is work on doing what he DOES better, not completely changing everything about: under center, scanning the defense, making reads, going back from center--keeping the ball high--delivering a crisp accurate timed pass without first turning his body past 180 degrees and doing a baseball pitch windup.

There's a world of difference between running around, doing spin moves to escape the pass rush, finally throwing a dying duck to a receiver waving his hands and what a quarterback like (for example) Eli Manning does. Sure Eli is one of the best but if you want to see the difference in stark real time, compare both of their styles. Night and day.
    Eli didn't have to re-do everything about his game when he entered the NFL, he just got better at what he already does.

Recovering
    You know that in their respective second seasons, Tebow's passing stats were better than Eli Manning's? And if you add Tebow's running stats, his total offense trounced Eli's? Does no one look at actual stats?

The person most excited about the Broncos trading Tebow and signing PM has to be Brady Quinn... because once Manning takes his first hard hit as a Bronco, it's going to be a long season with a backup QB.
    Former New Yorker, now in Fort Collins
    http://www.nycmtb.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Brady Quinn now plays for Kansas City.

Slopestyle Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by jbogner View Post
    because once Manning takes his first hard hit as a Bronco, it's going to be a long season with a backup QB.
    Tebow is a backup quarterback at best.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    You're right, Tebow is better than Eli Manning. The statistics bear that out. What was I thinking.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by xcguy View Post
    You're right, Tebow is better than Eli Manning. The statistics bear that out. What was I thinking.
    Wow, I think he was just pointing to actual data rather than someone's impressions of throwing mechanics. He never said Tebow was better than Eli, just that his stats were better in the first two years. His passing ratings were also better than Elway's his first two years but why don't we just see how it pans out in two years? If you're right you and everyone else can come back and gloat. Bernie Kosar and Randall Cunningham also had weird mechanics and all Steve Young knew how to do before joining the 49ers was run for his life. Those guys are all good if not great NFL QB's. Mechanics aren't always as defining or assuring that someone will be good as some might like. Sometimes the will to win and work ethic contribute enough. The book's not closed on Tebow, none of us can see the future so I am interested to see how it all plays out. He might be good, he might not and that's what makes it fun.

I can't see Peyton winning a SB in Denver. The secondary is old and needs upgraded, the run defense needs to be shored up, and your only running back will be 31 and you have no tight end of merit. It is an easy division though. If his goal is to win a SB the 49ers are the place he'd go. But again let's see how things work out. You could end up with Hasselback or Alex Smith. Wouldn't that be fun.
    Narrow is the path to life, few are those who find it.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    delete entry
    Last edited by lanruss; 03-18-2012 at 04:34 PM.

Rigid in Evergreen
    This P.Manning thing is going to be a disaster. The LEAST of the Bronco's worries is having Tebow at the QB position.

mtbr member
    Tebow has a proven technique for not throwing interceptions. He must have noticed that more often than not, the defenders tend to stay near the receivers. So, if you throw the ball into the dirt with enough velocity and far enough away from everyone that you can't really tell who you might have been trying to throw to, you won't have to deal with those pesky interceptions that screw up your stats.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mudge View Post
    Tebow has a proven technique for not throwing interceptions. ........ you won't have to deal with those pesky interceptions that screw up your stats.
    or SEC Championship games????.......

Almost Human
    Sep 2007
    <iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nehhH9rfnaw" allowfullscreen="" width="420" frameborder="0" height="315"></iframe>

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    As a bronco fan I say keep tebow and see how this year goes. Its not just tebow the broncos as a whole team aren't that great. Manning is going to the niners , smith is already meeting with teams they signed moss and manningham so they have more vet. Wr's.

Sent from my cellular telephone device using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    They signed him. This sucks!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mudge View Post
    Tebow has a proven technique for not throwing interceptions. He must have noticed that more often than not, the defenders tend to stay near the receivers. So, if you throw the ball into the dirt with enough velocity and far enough away from everyone that you can't really tell who you might have been trying to throw to, you won't have to deal with those pesky interceptions that screw up your stats.
    +1

Throwing into the dirt because you are unable to throw accurately into tight coverage allows for more 3 and out possessions.

As for Tebow's running game - how many of his ribs were broken in the playoff game against New England - was it two or three?
    Last edited by calzonical; 03-19-2012 at 02:44 PM.

Slopestyle Rider
    See ya later virgin

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Great news! Finally, the Tebow Show is over. At least in Denver. What a relief.

zrm
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    You won't be saying that 1 year from now.

Tebow will go to Miami. I bet he can't pack his bags fast enough.

I can't wait to watch the Broncos FAIL this year.

I vote for UT as having the most cheerful, positive, and sunniest disposition of anyone on MTBR.

Almost Human
    Sep 2007
    Great news! Finally, the Tebow Show is over. At least in Denver. What a relief.

I can't wait to watch the Broncos FAIL this year. should be fun teasing my coworkers every Monday.

And xcguy, there's more to winning games than throwing a pretty pass. You
    should know better.

So let the fun begin!

Almost Human
    Sep 2007
    I vote for UT as having the most cheerful, positive, and sunniest disposition of anyone on MTBR.
    You're right. I just loathe Elway that much...

Rigid in Evergreen
    So when will we see the over/under on the number of games that P.Manning will actually play in during the 2012 season?

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

I can't wait to watch the Broncos FAIL this year. should be fun teasing my coworkers every Monday.

And xcguy, there's more to winning games than throwing a pretty pass. You
    should know better.

So let the fun begin!
    Yeah, I've played quarterback. Obviously you never have. I do know what a good quarterback does to help his team win. Peyton Manning has always been a great quarterback.

I can't take anything you say seriously now, UT, being a self-described Broncos hater.
    Good luck hatin'!

Almost Human
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by topmounter View Post
    So when will we see the over/under on the number of games that P.Manning will actually play in during the 2012 season?
    3 games tops, but I would wager he's retired by the end of pre-season.

Almost Human
    Sep 2007
    Yeah, I've played quarterback. Obviously you never have. I do know what a good quarterback does to help his team win. Peyton Manning has always been a great quarterback.
    Nope, I was a defensive back. There's nothing quite like putting the smack
    down on a QB who can't run (or move their neck).

<100%
    Looks like I will have to watch an entire Bronco's game this year instead of just getting home with 6 minutes to go to watch the good part.....Less time on my bike, more time napping on the couch.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I may actually root for the Broncos now. Manning is 10x the QB that Tebow is,even without a neck. Tebow is that shiithole's (aka Florida) problem now....

mtbr member
    If this thread proves anything it's that opinions are like @$$holes, everybody's got one.
    Gone are the days we stopped to decide,
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

zrm
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jugdish View Post
    If this thread proves anything it's that opinions are like @$$holes, everybody's got one.
    And everyone's an expert.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Hell yeah! Run teBLOW's asz outta town!

mtbr member
    and everyone's an expert.

+1
    Gone are the days we stopped to decide,
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

Recovering
    Tebow, in his second year as a NFL QB, was better than Eli Manning, in Manning's second year as a NFL QB. The stats are VERY clear on this. You can argue mechanics and future potential all you want, but the numbers are what the numbers are. I'm not arguing that Tebow now is better than Eli Manning now, only that Tebow has far more potential than the haters are giving him credit for.

Signing Peyton is a bad idea, and I look forward to the thread resurrections we'll see for this thread throughout the season, as future events prove it...
    Former New Yorker, now in Fort Collins
    http://www.nycmtb.com

Dude...
    I think even if Peyton gets hurt on the very first snap and doesn't play another down for 2012, the Broncos will still be better off having rid themselves of the circus. I don't hate Tebow, I just can't stand all the Tebow fans acting like morons. I think this is how cults get started. Amazing how blind people can be. Good riddance!

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    First and foremost, I'd like to thank JE for securing the services of Payton Manning.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by lanruss View Post
    First and foremost, I'd like to thank JE for securing the services of Peyton Manning.

I'm with stupid
    Quote Originally Posted by ebry74 View Post
    I think even if Peyton gets hurt on the very first snap and doesn't play another down for 2012, the Broncos will still be better off having rid themselves of the circus. I don't hate Tebow, I just can't stand all the Tebow fans acting like morons. I think this is how cults get started. Amazing how blind people can be. Good riddance!
    QFT!!

I tapped that

Almost Human
    Sep 2007
    QFT!!

I tapped that
    Just remember who the backup QB is.
    <iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uXZeJ32Btfc" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

Dude...
    I don't think they have a backup qb right now.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ebry74 View Post
    I don't think they have a backup qb right now.
    ...they still have Elway.

Kaj
    mtbr member
    It's going to be a fun season with PM under center. no excuses now
    Kona Wo for Fat Biking, Ibis HD3 for Trail Shredding, Merckx Road bike for collecting dust

mtbr member
    KHOW article with some stats breakdown.

DAN: TEBOW BETTER FOR BRONCOS THAN MANNING | Caplis & Silverman - TalkRadio 630 K-HOW

Im not a fan of this move at all and Im not on the Tebow bandwagon either.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I figure it this way: it only cost the Broncos $95 mil to get rid of Tebow. I call that a win! See how many other teams start clamoring for Tebow to be their starting QB.

Slopestyle Rider
    Dan Caplis only likes Tebow because of the Jesus factor... he just won't admit it.

Team Blindspot
    Yes Tebow has the intangibles, but he lacks a rudimentary level of QB IQ needed for the the NFL. Time will tell how well Tebow will be. But I would much rather have Manning than Tebow. It's going to be a great season.
    Astigmatic Visionary

banned
    That foosball = FAIL

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by xcghuy View Post
    Yeah, I've played quarterback.
    lulz

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by S-Works View Post
    Yes Tebow has the intangibles, but he lacks a rudimentary level of QB IQ needed for the the NFL. Time will tell how well Tebow will be. But I would much rather have Manning than Tebow. It's going to be a great season.
    I think most say he has the IQ but not the skills.. apparently he knows offenses and defenses inside and out..

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Honestly, I don't know how to feel about the move.. Really, I would rather ride my bike on any given sunday, but the Tebow circus got me watching football again, and its been a long time. Like him or not, he did make football interesting and fun again in Denver.

the Chain Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Josie7 View Post
    Honestly, I don't know how to feel about the move.. Really, I would rather ride my bike on any given sunday, but the Tebow circus got me watching football again, and its been a long time. Like him or not, he did make football interesting and fun again in Denver.
    +1.

Watching him scramble and find a receiver made watching fun.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bismirle View Post
    +1.

Watching him scramble and find a receiver made watching fun.
    For you, maybe, but it was painful for me to watch him play. Even if we won, that was no vindication of his skilz. OTOH, I would watch a game that featured Drew Brees and I would be fascinated at his handling of a game. Or Eli Manning. Or Aaron Rogers. Anybody but Tebow.

Moosehead
    If you liked it last year, you'll love watching PM.

Meanwhile, Tebow will be in Jax or elsewhere by end of this week, and more than a few other new talents will be signed at Dove Valley for the pleasure of playing with PM.

The title of this thread is the fail.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Broncos have so much room in their budget, and so many great players wanting to play with Peyton Manning, they are going to end up with a sick lineup. Gonna be an exciting season either way. Hope they can make the right choices and make it last a few years.

I agree, this thread title = FAIL

This isn't little league where everyone gets their chance to play and go out for pizza after the game win or lose. The goal of NFL teams is to win. The teams understand that everyone is replaceable, especially the quarterback who can't throw. I like Tebow, he gave us an exciting season and I can't wait to see what he can do in the future, but bringing on Manning makes more sense on so many levels.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Back when the Broncos drafted Tebow so high (much to everyone's surprise) I didn't know anything about him so I Youtubed him. I picked some vid and read the top comment before I played it: "from 1:45 to 2:10 Tebow is really beasting!!" OK, I watched and all I saw was him pulling back from center with the ball down on his left thigh, tucking it in and running. Again and again. Finally he would score. Beasting? Where's the quarterbacking in all of this?

Moosehead
    More currency for the Donks to apply:

Tim Tebow traded to New York Jets | Fox News

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    And The Jets have traded Tebow to Jacksonville. At least, that's what I heard.

It just seems too good to be true: no more Tebowmania in Denver. Miracles do happen.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    For you, maybe, but it was painful for me to watch him play. Even if we won, that was no vindication of his skilz. OTOH, I would watch a game that featured Drew Brees and I would be fascinated at his handling of a game. Or Eli Manning. Or Aaron Rogers. Anybody but Tebow.
    Sure, thats what you like and you are of course entitled to your opinion. To me, what Tebow did last year was out of the norm for what a QB is supposed to do and that was what was exciting to so many. Its rare these days.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    I find it funny how many rip on Tebow (or any other pro athlete).. there are what, 100, maybe pro QB's in the NFL? I guarantee each is an elite athlete to even get to that level.

I had the chance to see and play Eric Young (formerly of the Colorado Rockies, led off the inaugural season with a Home Run) growing up in High School. It was so obvious that the dude was just head and shoulders above the rest in all sports he played (football QB, PG in Basketball and infield/pitcher in Baseball).. While Tebow may not look like an elite passer, he is clearly a gifted athlete and who knows how he is going to turn out, he is still very young..

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by KarateChicken View Post
    lulz

Just about sums it up.

Tossin the salad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Josie7 View Post
    I find it funny how many rip on Tebow (or any other pro athlete).. there are what, 100, maybe pro QB's in the NFL? I guarantee each is an elite athlete to even get to that level.

I had the chance to see and play Eric Young (formerly of the Colorado Rockies, led off the inaugural season with a Home Run) growing up in High School. It was so obvious that the dude was just head and shoulders above the rest in all sports he played (football QB, PG in Basketball and infield/pitcher in Baseball).. While Tebow may not look like an elite passer, he is clearly a gifted athlete and who knows how he is going to turn out, he is still very young..
    Totally agree!! They need to give the guy a chance!! I mean look what happen when they took out Orton. They started winning, right? Oh no, but FOX will not admit that along w/ the smirking Elway! Elway is not saint, nor was he all that when he got into the NFL. It took him time to get good. But wait he choked in the Super Bowl how many times?

Either way, Peyton is good and what is funny is his little bro is better than him. Not because of stats, but because how many rings does he got compared to Peyton?

Another thing, as 'maybe' exciting as it is that the Bronc'Z with get to play along with Peyton, he will still have sucky protection and he ain't no scrambler like Tebow was.

It will be interesting to see if and I hope the Bronc's do go as far or futher then Tebow did with the team. Time will tell, but Payton is not worth 90 million.
    Santa Cruz Tallboy
    Giant Trance

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    And Tebow is still in the Denver headlines even though he's a Jet now. It's like it was Hurricane Tebow. It came, it stirred things up, now it's on its way outta here yet look at the devastation it left behind. And now the cleanup begins.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I feel sorry for Sanchez. Can you imagine, being in a city that big with Jets fans screaming that they want Tebow in every time Sanchez screws up (which happens a lot)? Poor guy. Tebowmania will reach a new high, or new low depending on how you look at it.

And now the Post is reporting that the Broncos traded Tebow because he sustained rib and sternum injuries during the final game last season.
    Last edited by bipolarbear; 03-22-2012 at 08:43 AM.

Almost Human
    Sep 2007
    And Tebow is still in the Denver headlines even though he's a Jet now. It's like it was Hurricane Tebow. It came, it stirred things up, now it's on its way outta here yet look at the devastation it left behind. And now the cleanup begins.
    Your absolutely right. How dare that "kid" show up and try to steal the
    limelight from John Elway! You would have thought he wanted to be a team
    leader or something. And winning games too... with that horrible passing
    "technique"... oh my! The devastation of going to the playoffs for the first
    time SINCE 2006, it's just too much to take. Denver Bronco fans demand
    more mediocrity! Now where is that old guy with the broken neck? He's
    late for his next photo shoot with the team owner.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Your absolutely right. How dare that "kid" show up and try to steal the
    limelight from John Elway! You would have thought he wanted to be a team
    leader or something. And winning games too... with that horrible passing
    "technique"... oh my! The devastation of going to the playoffs for the first
    time SINCE 2006, it's just too much to take. Denver Bronco fans demand
    more mediocrity! Now where is that old guy with the broken neck? He's
    late for his next photo shoot with the team owner.

Blah blah blah blah blah blah. That's what you're good at, UT, blah blah blah blah blah blah.

friend of Apex
    Quote Originally Posted by bipolarbear View Post
    I feel sorry for Sanchez. Can you imagine, being in a city that big with Jets fans screaming that they want Tebow in every time Sanchez screws up (which happens a lot)? Poor guy. Tebowmania will reach a new high, or new low depending on how you look at it.
    Yup, gonna be fun to watch Tebomania... from a distance. I'll be cheering for him all the way.

Peyton will kill it this year. How old was Elway when he won 2 rings? And how crapped out was his body? The dude still had an arm and a running game to compliment him, so duz The Manning
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

not actually bad :)
    Quote Originally Posted by bipolarbear View Post
    I feel sorry for Sanchez.
    Moar lulz plz.

Actually I think things like that every once in awhile, then I come back to reality and remember people like him (athletes in general - not just football players) are getting paid ridiculous millions to do something most boys dream of doing for a living.

+1 to WKDs comments.
    Old Codger

Moosehead
    The boys at Dove Valley are just warming up.

First up, PM. Normally, that alone would be enough. Lightning release. QB IQ.

Then what to do with all those draft picks, first, second, third, two fourths, and a fifth?

Who else will jump on the bandwagon? Dallas Clark, Saturday, mebbe Brandon Lloyd comes back into the fold? What defensive talent wouldn't want to have an explosive offense to work around?

This is gonna be freakin awesome.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bad_andy View Post
    Moar lulz plz.

Actually I think things like that every once in awhile, then I come back to reality and remember people like him (athletes in general - not just football players) are getting paid ridiculous millions to do something most boys dream of doing for a living.

+1 to WKDs comments.
    I feel sorry for him in the same way that I feel sorry for "The Situation" having a pill problem: not really but it's fun to act like I know stuff about popular culture when all I really know is the headlines from yahoo news

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Not that you all have time to watch NFL highlights but I Youtubed Manning and came up with Colts-Patriots. Watch two real quarterbacks at work. In particular, I looked for how Brady and Manning worked in the pocket and their quick releases. If the Tebow Nation can't tell the difference between his baseball windmill windup and the "correct" way, what can I say.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/B2IlQc71Kpw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Almost Human
    Sep 2007
    Not that you all have time to watch NFL highlights but I Youtubed Manning and came up with Colts-Patriots. Watch two real quarterbacks at work. In particular, I looked for how Brady and Manning worked in the pocket and their quick releases. If the Tebow Nation can't tell the difference between his baseball windmill windup and the "correct" way, what can I say.
    Lulz.
    <iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PE5Jcmr9Qwg" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

Get used to it.

In all seriousness, I hope he does well and doesn't get injured.

I'm with stupid
    I would post a video but I got tired of looking for one that didnt have tebow throwing a football like a middle school QB. I kept finding that ONE pass that everyone made such a big deal about.
    UT, that video is a nice look at what happens when a line fails but not that a QB cant get the ball off. Good thing denver has a great line, gives manning plenty of time to throw great looking completed passes. Sadly though as much as I think that Tebow is a awful QB, Denver should have kept him for fan support and his character lifts a team......just make him a fullback solves everything.

Slopestyle Rider
    if the tebow nation can't tell the difference between his baseball windmill windup and the "correct" way, what can i say.
    this

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Hee hee! And now the Jets have him. Wait until those nuckle-dragging fans get a hold of him. He'll either be praying to Satin or buried under the stadium with Hoffa.

I welcome our new lord of football to Denver. All praise Manning!

Thread Terrorist
    Fruita is sweet!
    Golden Bike Park Group

Peak Cycles Gravity Team & Bikeparts.com
    Trestle Bike Park

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    I would post a video but I got tired of looking for one that didnt have tebow throwing a football like a middle school QB. I kept finding that ONE pass that everyone made such a big deal about.
    UT, that video is a nice look at what happens when a line fails but not that a QB cant get the ball off. Good thing denver has a great line, gives manning plenty of time to throw great looking completed passes. Sadly though as much as I think that Tebow is a awful QB, Denver should have kept him for fan support and his character lifts a team......just make him a fullback solves everything.
    Great line? No way, maybe slightly above NFL average

Sent from my Nexus S 4G

formerly shabadu
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkenbikesnob View Post
    Hee hee! And now the Jets have him. Wait until those nuckle-dragging fans get a hold of him. He'll either be praying to Satin or buried under the stadium with Hoffa.

This is what I was thinking about this morning. Poor Tebow will be ripped to shreds by the NY press and fans the moment he tosses up one of his gloriously terrible throws after scrambling back and forth for 15 seconds.

Denver fans are nice and civil compared to just about any northeast sports market. He got off easy around here.

Also, lets not forget how Tebow benefitted from a few amazing field goals from waaay the hell out after he couldn't move the ball any closer.

I enjoyed watching the Broncos last year as my token AFC team. It was 'exciting' to watch Timmy because you never knew what the hell you would see. But there is simply no comparison between Tebow and Manning.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Tebow's smiling mug is on the front page of all the New York newspapers. One has a giant version of him kneeling in Times Square.

In the spotlight, continuously. The light shines down on Tebow. New York fans are excited and wary at the same time. Sports writers say "Sanchez is seen as a somewhat flawed quarterback while many consider Tebow fatally flawed".

Comments following stories about the trade are the usual mix of praise and scorn for Tebow's play. One comment struck me as, well, maybe overly optimistic? A Broncos fan wrote in to reassure New York "Tebow throws a real accurate long ball!" Huh?

Other comments are saying how once Tebow is installed as a fullback or tight end it will bring a new dimension to the Jets playbook. This should be interesting.

Even Pat Robertson has weighed in on the trade. He says that if Manning were to get re-injured it would serve both him and the Broncos right for "treating Tebow so shabbily".
    See how TebowMania can addle one's brain?

Who knows, maybe with a full off season of re-working every facet of his game (if indeed if he did re-work his game and not just drill on what he already does) Tebow will actually look like a quarterback in the Jets spring training camp. Or maybe not.
    Last edited by xcguy; 03-23-2012 at 08:59 AM.

mtbr member
    The "tebowing" pose should be an easy transition to kick holder. Than again,,, ya never know. Doug Flutie got at least 11 chances to prove himself, and he could halfway throw... Could Tebow surpass the likes of Danika Patrick & Flutie to set the bar of Mediocracy at an all time low??? I'm betting I'll see the "tebow" on dancing with the stars in a couple seasons where it belongs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1