mtbr member

O/T looking for a house to rent?

I just signed my new Apt lease back in oct but I am sick of living here I come home to no parking and we also need more space a 1 Bd 859 Sq ft Apt just don't work for us anymore . So i want to start looking for a rental house . I have looked at craigslist but i don't trust it.also i have looked at the local papers and seen a few but i am not sure where else to look? I want to stay in the broomfield area or west or northwest up to Boulder <--- Not in Boulder I want to live in the real world..

Thanks

enlightened.
    Dec 2005
    If you don't trust Craigslist, you should just go ahead and settle in wherever you're at.

Shattering Glass
    Come to Longmont. Old town has sheer numbers of local riders always ready to head to the trails from town and there's some rentals open around here. This place has been a pleasant surprise to live, play and work.

Oh, So Interesting!
    I found a place in SW Schlongmont, 8 mi. from Left Hand Canyon, 10 mi. from Boulder for at least %50 less than Boulder rental prices.

Craigslist is probably the most-used way to list rentals, might as well use it.

Heathen
    We ended up going the buy route after not being able to find a decent rental that would take our zoo. House prices are way down if you don't mind a little risk.

Bad Andy
    My parents may have a duplex (1/2 of the duplex of course) for rent in Longmont.
    PM me if interested, and I'll get the details.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I have a 3br, 2ba ranch for rent in Longtucky off Pace & Mountain View. PM me if your interested. I do have it listed on Craigslist, but you can trust me...

lucky enough
    You might try Louisville - close to Boulder and Broomfield.
    "Don't take life so serious, son . . . it ain't no how permanent." - Porky Pine

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I don't know if this is an urban myth but... my wife was recently telling me about a family who was renting a home but the owners weren't paying the mortgage. The house (allegedly) went into foreclosure without their knowledge and they were (allegedly) forced out.

I have no clue how you'd go about verifying if the mortgage is being paid. Do a credit check on your landlord?

mtbr member
    I found the place im in now by just driving arund looking at houses. When we found one we liked we called about it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pulser
    I found the place im in now by just driving arund looking at houses. When we found one we liked we called about it.
    That's how I get most calls from whenever I have my properties listed. Craigslist is second.
    To OP, what's to not trust about Craigslist. It's free for us landlords and it's very effective. I stopped paying to have my properties listed in the papers or on paid websites because I get very few calls so it's just a waste of my money. I'm as honest on Craigslist as I am on the paid advertising.

mtbr member
    Great Posts Thanks.. LM is kind of far for my wife to drive to work. but Louisville is a Plus for us.How would you know if the mortgage is being paid?. If i knew this info then i would trust the people in Craigslist more..

mtbr member
    With your other resources, how do you know the mortgage isn't paid. I've never had to, but I guess I could show my bank statements and mortgage statements if needed.

Members who have read this thread: 0