Slopestyle Rider

Pivot Rider
    UN - believeable!
    Dirt Divas website l Twitter: @thedirtdivas l Facebook

MFin' Princess
    Quote Originally Posted by Yetigirl
    UN - believeable!
    I wasn't so shocked.

He was a really good coach in his prime. But for the past 4 years, eh, not so much. And throwing that three game lead away pretty much assured a major shake up.

But I'm glad they're out of their misery. It was a ridiculously lame year. We had no business being first in the division and were so only because we were lucky enough to be in such a poor division. We would have been blown out this week, or next. I say sooner rather than later and sit back and enjoy a better draft pick.

Oh well. As long as they don't go out and try to hire Dan Reeves I can't say I'll be too concerned.

Go Avs!

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    There was a story in todays Rocky, a made-up story between Shanahan and Bowlen. The gist of it was Bowlen asking Shanahan where all the money Bowlen was spending was going, for players not even activated on the biggest game of the year? Shanahan, in that story, kept sayin' "I'll get back to you". I haven't read the link listed but I bet it sez Marty Shotenheimer is the new coach? Yeah? Better read it. And, I'm not surprised, either. 'Bout time.
    Who's in charge, the thinker or the thought?

Currywurst
    Jul 2008
    finally....

Rolling
    I guess that means the defensive coordinator is safe this year?

Quote Originally Posted by xcguy
    There was a story in todays Rocky, a made-up story between Shanahan and Bowlen. The gist of it was Bowlen asking Shanahan where all the money Bowlen was spending was going, for players not even activated on the biggest game of the year? Shanahan, in that story, kept sayin' "I'll get back to you". I haven't read the link listed but I bet it sez Marty Shotenheimer is the new coach? Yeah? Better read it. And, I'm not surprised, either. 'Bout time.

Maybe he had Bernie Madoff investing it for him.

MFin' Princess
    Quote Originally Posted by xcguy
    I haven't read the link listed but I bet it sez Marty Shotenheimer is the new coach? Yeah? Better read it. And, I'm not surprised, either. 'Bout time.
    Oh no.

No no no no no.

I was hoping for Cowher.

"Oldfart from Wayback"
    Well, since Elway is out of job with the economic collapse of "Arena Bowl"...hummm.

Rolling
    Quote Originally Posted by TVC15
    I was hoping for Cowher.

Apparently he won't make an appearance till 2010. But maybe this could change things.

eci
    Finally!!! it took them long enough! All hail the donkeys!!!

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Who are the "Broncos"?

friend of Apex
    Go Avs!
    WURD, sista

Quote Originally Posted by snowskilz
    All hail the donkeys!!!
    WURD, brutha

Quote Originally Posted by SkaredShtles
    Who are the "Broncos"?
    Fat skis... you wouldn't be interested
    unless you wanna make it past 11AM on a pow day...
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Quote Originally Posted by WKD-RDR
    <snip>

Fat skis... you wouldn't be interested
    unless you wanna make it past 11AM on a pow day...
    Huh?

Powder is the easiest condition to ski.

On ANY ski.

formerly shabadu
    Nov 2006

I was hoping for Cowher.
    That would be awesome.

I wonder what Shanahan is going to do with his giant house?
    35k sq ft?!
    http://virtualglobetrotting.com/map/37424/

now in superlight!
    I can appreciate that it woud be very hard to drop the guy who helped bring in 2 superbowl trophies and a super sweetheart deal to let us fans pay for 90% of a new stadium (for the benefit of a Canadian trust fund, no less), But it definitely was time- especially since he couldn't rely on his prowess of finding high quality running backs ... at least WE can sleep soundly tonight knowing that Mr. Shanahan has a few mil in the bank to tide him over until the next job!! Good luck to Mr. Shanahan and the Broncos....they may both need it
    If you don't stop whining- I'll call the whaaaa-mbulance!

NADS Member #1
    Jan 2007

Flippin' Donkos

Born and raised in the c&c of Denver 35 yrs.......Shanny was a great coach, not sure where we will find a new 10-15yr coach that will yield a 63% win avg. Shanny will bust out w/ somebody else. He has enough money to actually help buy in as an owner for an NFL team , but speculation suggests that he will find a new gig. Good for him. I used to give him coffee every morning for two and a half years back in the day. Reasonable guy...Mike Martz is avail as wellas a few others. NFL network is saying Cowher won't leave the box for anything less than a "total control deal". Not sure that is the best route.Oh well not gonna lose sleep even though we are season tix holders. "Be a fan not a fanatic" By the way....regardless of who calls the plays...off and def... the PLAYERS still need to perform.

hehe ...you said "member"

I was hoping for Cowher.
    Word is that Cowher and the Jets are talking - might make for an interesting bidding war.

My take: the timing of this firing is odd. Not right after the end of the reg/ season - that's a classy move by Bowlen to give Shanny ample opportunity to explore the job market, should he desire. What I mean is why this year? yes, we had a complete meltdown / choke over the last three weeks. But of all the recent years where the Broncos have underachieved, this is the one year I was willing to give Shanny a pass - I mean, they were completely decimated by injuries far beyond the league's norm. The B'cos have been mired in mediocrity for years - did Bowlen just now wake up and realize that the players aren't listening to "the Mastermind" anymore. This firing 4 or 5 years ago would have hade more sense to me than now.
    “Me fail english? Thats unpossible.” - Matt Groening

Old, stale, negative
    Cowher!!! D- fense and we're good to go. New era and I can't wait. More tough guys and less Cutler selfishness. I hope Hillis is OK and ready to pull wait next year. I liked Shanny but am super excited for this new era. Offense is ready, let's cover the D and go win a toilet bowl!

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I'm surprised anyone cares. Hard to feel sorry for an arrogant, egocentric rich guy who worked for another arrogant, egocentric rich guy, who coached a bunch of arrogant, egocentric, rich and dumb football players.

mtbr member
    Bowlen will find it's hard to find a good replacement for shanny. We can go ahead and write off the next two seasons.

Goofing off?
    I just read that Shanahan said, "now with free time, I will have more opportunities to ride my bike and enjoy the mountains". Who knew?

J/K. I take credit for that one. However, when choosing to run the ball vs pass when you need to get 15 yards and its 3rd down, perhaps he will re-think his plans. He will be picked up somewhere else.

Happy New Year!

MFin' Princess
    Quote Originally Posted by jake7
    The B'cos have been mired in mediocrity for years - did Bowlen just now wake up and realize that the players aren't listening to "the Mastermind" anymore. This firing 4 or 5 years ago would have hade more sense to me than now.
    Agreed, but sunk cost is sunk cost. Even when you're hella late in realizing it, it's better to walk the very second that you do. No sense throwing even more (potentionally) good seasons after bad.

Helmet Tester
    Jul 2004
    My take on the timing: this year presents a better than usual crop of potentially available coaches and GMs. Coaching candidates like Cowher and Mangini, and GMs like Parcells and Scott Pioli might not be available a year from now. Looking down the road Bowlen knows that Shanny will not be here forever, so why not pull the trigger when there are strong alternatives on the board?

friend of Apex
    kinna workin out for the best
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Holy Thread Dredge, Batman!

CSM
    Jun 2009
    The Broncos lost to two good teams, and we lost today because Orton got injured, and Simms doesn't want to earn his money.

We have (had?) something special this season, unless Simms can step up, or Orton comes back this week, we may be in for trouble.

mtbr member
    We lost today (yeasterday) because the defence didn't come out for the second half. What happened to the top ranked D that we had for the first six games?

rr
    I don't do PC
    Quote Originally Posted by sbsbiker
    We lost today (yeasterday) because the defence didn't come out for the second half. What happened to the top ranked D that we had for the first six games?
    The offense has been 3 and out(except for the 1st qtr yesterday) the last 3 games, Orton was pathetic in the 2nd qtr yesterday before getting injured.

The D is gased by the 2nd half cause they are living on the field with the anemic offense

i can't type the letter s
    Just In!

Norv Turner was fired by the Chargers and Mike Shanahan was hired by San Diego to take over a consistently slow starting franchise under Norv. Just in time for this week's game. Can't wait to see Shanahan own the broncos as he owned the raiduhs for his tenure. A coach spurned is a coach with a hate on. Bring it on!

j/k Would be good though!

I'd like to see what he could do with Rivers, Gates, LDT, and that defense? Very similar to what he had in the late 90's with the Broncs.

FleshwoundGravityResearch
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEBiker
    The Broncos lost to two good teams, and we lost today because Orton got injured, and Simms doesn't want to earn his money.

We have (had?) something special this season, unless Simms can step up, or Orton comes back this week, we may be in for trouble.

Simms sucks, period. He couldn't even start out of college, so what makes anyone think he can hang in the NFL after being out for 3 years? He got by in Tampa when Gruden coached around his limited skills, but MickeyD is going to have to pull a friggen miracle out of his hat to keep his defense off the field long enough to rest in between SD scores.

I hope it happens, but I am not holding my breath. The only saving grace might be that Norv sucks as much as a coach as Simms sucks as a QB.
    Last edited by mtn hack; 11-17-2009 at 10:16 AM.

CSM
    Jun 2009
    Too bad we don't even have the run game to fall back on.

Inflexable...
    Monday morning:

Chargers 7-3
    Donkeys 6-4
    Tact is for people not witty enough to be sarcastic...

rr
    I don't do PC
    Is Orton playing or is he out?

This is how it started...
    It's gonna be a game time decision according to JMac.
    Life is about the ride.

CSM
    Jun 2009
    Man-O-man. Game time is getting close. If KO is in, we have a fighting chance, if Simms is going to be tossing it, I may as well do physics homework.

Ride Like the Wind
    [QUOTE][ I may as well do physics homework./QUOTE]

Hahahaha,funny one dude.

Inflexable...

Quote Originally Posted by kchri
    Monday morning:

Chargers 7-3
    Donkeys 6-4
    Tact is for people not witty enough to be sarcastic...

not actually bad :)
    Poor Donx.
    Not sure if they could even beat the poor Buffs right now, and the Buffs are terrible.
    Old Codger

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEBiker
    Man-O-man. Game time is getting close. If KO is in, we have a fighting chance, if Simms is going to be tossing it, I may as well do physics homework.
    Thanks for the compliment. Unfornately I worked last night and slept in until the second half. These Donkeys really are useless without me.

KO

Members who have read this thread: 0