jl
    climb
    rode there last night. It closes at 10 or 11p I don't remember which..
    We don't need more to be thankful for; we just need to be more thankful.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005

night riding at horsetooth

is it legal?????????

slow
    jl, Is there signage to that effect? I haven't been to the park in a few weeks. I've been riding at night in the park since 1985 without issue. Have also hiked to the rock under the full moon several times and never been told otherwise. The gate at the lower parking lot (Soderburg) closes at dusk.

jl
    climb
    sgltrak,

I remember reading something about 10:00pm. I looked it up, and it's not 'closed' it's 'quiet' hours from 10:00pm-6:00am. Anyway, I've never had any problems, but I'm never there past 10:00pm anyway ...
    We don't need more to be thankful for; we just need to be more thankful.

Bodhisattva
    jeff,

Did you head out to HTMP after I saw you last night? We explored the new trail at the north end of the lake that dips down into the valley then back up the hill to Michaud. Great trail. Technical and still loamy from just being cut.

slow
    Quote Originally Posted by The Squeaky Wheel
    jeff,

...the new trail at the north end of the lake that dips down into the valley then back up the hill to Michaud. Great trail. Technical and still loamy from just being cut.
    Apparently a bunch of folks are finding it. A friend and I rode it both directions on Tuesday night and only saw one or two sets of tracks on it. When I rode it this morning, it was well tracked.

Not really a new trail. I remember riding when it was built around 1987-88? Erosion, the flood of '97, and several years of closure due to dam construction had made it all but forgotten. I am glad to see it open again. Now we can go from Pineridge all the way to Michaud and only touch pavement when crossing the road.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bodhisattva
    Quote Originally Posted by sgltrak
    Apparently a bunch of folks are finding it. A friend and I rode it both directions on Tuesday night and only saw one or two sets of tracks on it. When I rode it this morning, it was well tracked.
    That's because six of us rode it last night around 8 pm. Good times for sure.

Members who have read this thread: 0