Next week is bike week...- Mtbr.com
    Rolling

Next week is bike week...

...park your car, hide your keys and ride, ride. ride......AND NO SHUTTLING next week.

http://www.drcog.org/btwd2004/calendar.cfm

May 2004
    I'd bike commute to work if I didn't work from home. Kinda tough riding a bike from my bedroom down a flight of stairs to the home office. :/

Perpetually single track
    You'd be the man if you launch the stairs. Go big!!!

May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ibmkidIII
    You'd be the man if you launch the stairs. Go big!!!
    I'd launch right into the wall :/

It's a townhouse, not exactly any good run-outs with my stairs.

Perpetually single track
    launch it into a wall ride....gotta be creative....it's so freaking friday...no ones working.

Card Carrying Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ibmkidIII
    launch it into a wall ride....gotta be creative....it's so freaking friday...no ones working.
    It's Friday?

Motion activated
    Quote Originally Posted by lidarman
    ...AND NO SHUTTLING next week.
    The DH boys could meet up at biggest hill near where they work. Park one car on the hill, the other at work and commute to work, shuttle style. Yeah baby!

They could even dress up in their armor to give it that authentic touch.

Rolling
    Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Cat
    I'd bike commute to work if I didn't work from home. Kinda tough riding a bike from my bedroom down a flight of stairs to the home office. :/
    You still can commute to work, via Boulder or broomfield.

DWF
    Non Dual Bliss
    Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Cat
    Yeah, me too. My commute is more of a b!tch though as I usually spill coffee on my shoes walking the 50-feet from the house to the shop. My wife bike commutes 42-miles (RT) a day, almost every day of the year, so she's taking up my slack.

eci
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve71
    The DH boys could meet up at biggest hill near where they work. Park one car on the hill, the other at work and commute to work, shuttle style. Yeah baby!

They could even dress up in their armor to give it that authentic touch.
    your gggaaayyyy....

Motion activated
    Quote Originally Posted by snowskilz
    your gggaaayyyy....
    You total b!tch. I can't believe you posted that. You told me what happens in the shuttle truck, stays in the shuttle truck. Besides you tricked me, when you said, "trail head", I though you meant something else.

contains quinine

Rode to work...

In an attempt to bring this thread back around to its intent...

Rode into work today. I've been commuting less since I started carpooling with the little lady last fall. We drive seperatly to work about once every two weeks. Pretty cool actually.

Got up early today and chose the cross bike. I take South Boulder Road west from Louisville. A guy passed me on his road bike right as I hit the hill, so I hopped on his wheel, knowing that I could hit a couple extra mph's on the way down. (I've got about a 5mph difference in top speed between the road and cross on that hill). He knew I was there and kept a hard pace for a couple miles towards Boulder. I couldn't come around him - between his pace and the 35c's on my bike slowing me down. About 1/2 accross the plain he slowed noticably and and I came around him. Wee!

Pedaled pretty hard from there. He dropped back a bit, and then came back to sit on my wheel for a while. As I slowed to hit my turn onto dirt (ok, crushed limestone), he came along side me and told me, "It's too early for this!"

After a mile or so by myself on the South Boulder Creek trail I checked my average speed - 19.5mph. Certainly my fastest commute to work.

Hope a bunch of you made it to work via bike today - even if it's downstairs, shuttle, whatever.

d
    Take the long cut, we'll get there eventually.

May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve71
    You total b!tch. I can't believe you posted that. You told me what happens in the shuttle truck, stays in the shuttle truck. Besides you tricked me, when you said, "trail head", I though you meant something else.
    *golfclap*

Sin

Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by snowskilz
    your gggaaayyyy....
    Really GGGAAAYYY Jack Ass LOL

Lets race I think I can beat you with my new pair of trail shoes I got.

Obviously Single

Me Too

Quote Originally Posted by Debaser
    In an attempt to bring this thread back around to its intent...

Rode into work today. I've been commuting less since I started carpooling with the little lady last fall. We drive seperatly to work about once every two weeks. Pretty cool actually.

Got up early today and chose the cross bike. I take South Boulder Road west from Louisville. A guy passed me on his road bike right as I hit the hill, so I hopped on his wheel, knowing that I could hit a couple extra mph's on the way down. (I've got about a 5mph difference in top speed between the road and cross on that hill). He knew I was there and kept a hard pace for a couple miles towards Boulder. I couldn't come around him - between his pace and the 35c's on my bike slowing me down. About 1/2 accross the plain he slowed noticably and and I came around him. Wee!

Pedaled pretty hard from there. He dropped back a bit, and then came back to sit on my wheel for a while. As I slowed to hit my turn onto dirt (ok, crushed limestone), he came along side me and told me, "It's too early for this!"

After a mile or so by myself on the South Boulder Creek trail I checked my average speed - 19.5mph. Certainly my fastest commute to work.

Hope a bunch of you made it to work via bike today - even if it's downstairs, shuttle, whatever.

d
    I also rode in today. When I worked 10 miles from home, I used to commute
    once every week or two (lame, but at least something). Now I work about 22 miles
    from home, and I train 6 days a week, so commuting hasn't been an interest.
    (Try carrying an Apple PowerBook for ballast!)

But today I had to do it. I was somewhat dreading it (I know, what a weenie), but
    it wasn't bad. I alloted 2 hours, but it only took me 1.5 hours. I was tyring to find
    somebody to ride in with, but I waited too long to plan ahead.

The hard part is going to come when I ride home. I need to get 3 hours in riding home,
    so I'm going to detour via Lyons. That should help, though it may still not be
    3 hours. (Note to self: the road bike is not as slow as the MTB.)

I'd wimp out and skip the long ride home, but I have a 50-mile race with 10k ft. of
    climbing all above 10,000 ft. elevation coming in about 4 weeks, and a 100-mile race
    with similar stats coming 4 weeks after that.

I'm not ready!!! Aaaaahhhhhhhh.
    The Lee-Man

A witty saying proves nothing. -- Voltaire

Sin

Feb 2004
    I rode my DH bike to work 102.5 miles one way up hill with no water and wearing my body armor full face helmet even my goggles and yes I will be shuttling home like a mofo. LOL