New to Denver - Want to ride early in the morning---anyone interested?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2011

New to Denver - Want to ride early in the morning---anyone interested?

I could use a guide and riding partner for early tomorrow am. I am thinking either Centennial Cone or Lair O'the Bear. Keep in mind I am new out here and just coming off ankle surgery. I am trying to find a less technical area to ride because it is hard for me to hike my bike over stuff when I can't clean it. Also would love some tips on any riding that would be through woods, etc and not super difficult.

Thanks,

Shodan

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I'm down in Highlands Ranch and there are some non-technical trails in the HRCA Backcountry. You could get in 10-15 miles. Not too rigorous. I'd go along as I am planing on doing it anyway. Starting point is roughly 5 mi south of C470 on Quebeq which becomes Monarch. Let me know.
    Half our life is spent trying to find something to do with the time we have rushed through life trying to save

Thread Terrorist
    I do rides starting at 6:30 at the bottom of Chimney Gulch in the summer months. You ride for 1 hour and then turn around. Make it to the top and rest? Bonus.
    Golden Bike Park Group

Peak Cycles Gravity Team & Bikeparts.com
    Trestle Bike Park

mtbr member
    What kind of ankle surgery did you have? I had arthroscopic ankle surgery last fall. It took me about 5 months to truly recover. I had to stick to easier trails at first.

Thread Terrorist
    I shattered my heal, got 12 pins and plate about 2 years ago. Sh1T hurts, ride to heal.
    Golden Bike Park Group

Peak Cycles Gravity Team & Bikeparts.com
    Trestle Bike Park

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I had injured my peroneal brevis tendon (I am a first degree black belt) and they had to go in and repair, and also deepen a bone groove for the tendon to lay properly. I also had my shoulder scoped and my first big toe repaired. I am 4 months post op on the ankle and toe and about 3 on the shoulder. I still have a way to go for a full recovery. So, I can ride fine, but I can't hike my bike over rocky stuff I can't ride so well. I cannot afford a crash while clipped in because it will wreck my ankle. Today I went and rode some the Highlands Back Country and had a blast. It wasn't technical at all but rolled real nice and I got to open it up a bit without having to hike my bike at all.

mtbr member
    Heal up and be careful out there.

Members who have read this thread: 0