Thread: Nathrop 5-08-05

RIDE TO LIVE&LIVE TO RIDE

Nathrop 5-08-05

who's going to the 4X? i'll be there with the Full Tilt team. hopefully i won't get my ass handed to me. i haven't trained/praticed in months and i'm in jr.X. o well it'll be fun and some pionts are better than no points.

Alex. you should see if you could tag along in the team truck if it won't be full. it be fun to have a honorary/cripple there. we're going up sun. morning.

Cynical Bystander
    Hopefully I'll be going. It all depends on what happens with my parents though... that is unless I like drove up to Denver to "go riding with friends up there" and then hitched a ride with Alex or something?
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

mtbr member
    I'll be there with the Mojo Wheels team. Hopefully the weather will be nice.

Style Is Nothing
    i'll
    be there

Trail Sanitizer
    I'll be there racing the XC.

Cynical Bystander
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldozer
    I'll be there racing the XC.
    Awesome! It should be a fun weekend.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

Trail Sanitizer
    I'm not sure if awesome is the word I might use come Saturday. It's my first race in 4-5 years. Back then I raced four races (WP race series) at beginner. Figured I'm not a beginner anymore so time to move up to sport.

Cynical Bystander
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldozer
    I'm not sure if awesome is the word I might use come Saturday. It's my first race in 4-5 years. Back then I raced four races (WP race series) at beginner. Figured I'm not a beginner anymore so time to move up to sport.
    Lol, it'll be fun anyways I'm sure.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

screw road bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by ironhorsebike1
    who's going to the 4X? i'll be there with the Full Tilt team. hopefully i won't get my ass handed to me. i haven't trained/praticed in months and i'm in jr.X. o well it'll be fun and some pionts are better than no points.

Alex. you should see if you could tag along in the team truck if it won't be full. it be fun to have a honorary/cripple there. we're going up sun. morning.
    hahahaha, honorary cripple...thanks anyway..I might however be racing XC on saturday....Them Jr. X boys are wicked fast and all have 4X bikes...so best of luck to you...It's no easy task laying the smackdown with a DH bike on what is practically a BMX course...but again good luck, I wish I could join you.
    Full Tilt Cyclery
    GT Bicycles
    Oakley
    Sram and Co.
    Fox
    Go Fast
    MAXXIS

I

Quote Originally Posted by theforsakencheezit
    hahahaha, honorary cripple...thanks anyway..I might however be racing XC on saturday....Them Jr. X boys are wicked fast and all have 4X bikes...so best of luck to you...It's no easy task laying the smackdown with a DH bike on what is practically a BMX course...but again good luck, I wish I could join you.
    one of the guys is going to let me borrow a 4X bike

you can ride XC now?!!? racing at nathrop? you told me you couldn't ride XC untill this summer.
    let's get out for a ride. what about wed. the 4th?

Cynical Bystander

you can ride XC now?!!? racing at nathrop? you told me you couldn't ride XC untill this summer.
    Corbin you goign to Fort Collins Saturday?
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Style Is Nothing
    does anyone know if they are going to actually be shuttling bikes this time? Last weekend sucked having to carry all of my crap for about 2 mi

screw road bikes

I'm not supposed to ride XC...and I can't get to the race anyway...I have to work. Plus my XC bike needs the annual parts replacement order to come in before it's semi functional.

More bad news...I won't be racing/riding DH this year...Which is OK I guess, I just signed with a pretty nifty U18/U23 road/XC team. If lair at the bear is dry...or something else that's smooth, I'm down for wednesday if I'm not working.

EDIT: I am working wednesday Corbin...hell I work everyday. The perks of having two part time jobs.
    Last edited by theforsakencheezit; 05-03-2005 at 05:04 PM.
    Full Tilt Cyclery
    GT Bicycles
    Oakley
    Sram and Co.
    Fox
    Go Fast
    MAXXIS

I

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by krazykowproductions
    does anyone know if they are going to actually be shuttling bikes this time? Last weekend sucked having to carry all of my crap for about 2 mi
    Last weekend there was a little pickup that was shuttling gear. They shuttled my gear to the track, but since it was downhill, I just lugged it all out on my bike after the races. I would assume there would be a shuttle this weekend, too. Just ask at the packet pickup area.

I'm not supposed to ride XC...and I can't get to the race anyway...I have to work. Plus my XC bike needs the annual parts replacement order to come in before it's semi functional.

More bad news...I won't be racing/riding DH this year...Which is OK I guess, I just signed with a pretty nifty U18/U23 road/XC team. If lair at the bear is dry...or something else that's smooth, I'm down for wednesday if I'm not working.

EDIT: I am working wednesday Corbin...hell I work everyday. The perks of having two part time jobs.
    that sucks. why'd they change their mind about when you can DH?

how can you bike fall apart that fast, it's XTR.
    how's the arapohoe cyclery job going?

well whenever you are up for a ride (raod/XC) and not working, give me a call.

and no i won't be there on sat. tony. i got an SAT and the team is going up sat. night.

screw road bikes
    that sucks. why'd they change their mind about when you can DH?

how can you bike fall apart that fast, it's XTR.
    how's the arapohoe cyclery job going?

well whenever you are up for a ride (raod/XC) and not working, give me a call.

and no i won't be there on sat. tony. i got an SAT and the team is going up sat. night.

Because it's not healing as fast as they thought it was...duh...doctors are flakey, they don't want to be wrong...XTR falls apart faster than any other component group i've ever owned...Well, the gunmetal stuff at least...I don't know about that older stuff...But mine seems to have a new problem about once a month..esp since it's rapid rise...something is always f'd...you have to be a totally kickass bike tech to keep it working well and I'm mediocre at best.

Arapahoe is good...fun times, cheap parts, good pay.
    Full Tilt Cyclery
    GT Bicycles
    Oakley
    Sram and Co.
    Fox
    Go Fast
    MAXXIS

I

Because it's not healing as fast as they thought it was...duh...doctors are flakey, they don't want to be wrong...XTR falls apart faster than any other component group i've ever owned...Well, the gunmetal stuff at least...I don't know about that older stuff...But mine seems to have a new problem about once a month..esp since it's rapid rise...something is always f'd...you have to be a totally kickass bike tech to keep it working well and I'm mediocre at best.

Arapahoe is good...fun times, cheap parts, good pay.
    weird. it must be the new stuff then because my dad's older style XTR is like 7 yrs old and still works great.

stupid doctors. funny 'cause it's an oxymoron (if that's how you spell it)

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by krazykowproductions
    ru kidding. An easy 2 miles on a flat cow pie road, and you need a shuttle... What's that?! JK
    "You measure the size of the accomplishment by the obstacles you had to overcome to reach your goals."
    Booker T. Washington

http://www.cruxspot.blogspot.com

screw road bikes
    weird. it must be the new stuff then because my dad's older style XTR is like 7 yrs old and still works great.

stupid doctors. funny 'cause it's an oxymoron (if that's how you spell it)
    Yes, that and the obvious fact that your dad doesn't put 100 miles a week on his XTR like I did last year...
    Full Tilt Cyclery
    GT Bicycles
    Oakley
    Sram and Co.
    Fox
    Go Fast
    MAXXIS

I

mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Cool-blue Rhythm

I'll be there on the STP. Hopefully all the practice at Goose will help me on SUnday for the 4X. I won't be there in Saturday, but I'll see you guys there on Sunday. Hopefully its nice.
    Simply put:

"I know there are many ways to find happiness… I found mine on my bike" -Mark Weir

Cynical Bystander
    Quote Originally Posted by asxrider04
    I'll be there on the STP. Hopefully all the practice at Goose will help me on SUnday for the 4X. I won't be there in Saturday, but I'll see you guys there on Sunday. Hopefully its nice.
    Hey Jason.... could I uh get a ride with you....
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Yes, that and the obvious fact that your dad doesn't put 100 miles a week on his XTR like I did last year...
    well i didn't kow that you rode it that much. it makes sense though because of the trails right outside your door.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004

New question here. What about Mommy?

Quote Originally Posted by COmtbiker12
    Hey Jason.... could I uh get a ride with you....
    I don't know Tony is your Mommy gonna let you out all day by yourself on mother's day?
    Simply put:

"I know there are many ways to find happiness… I found mine on my bike" -Mark Weir

Cynical Bystander
    Quote Originally Posted by asxrider04
    I don't know Tony is your Mommy gonna let you out all day by yourself on mother's day?
    Nevermind Jason I was told later last night that I can't go anyways because of that, lol...
    Tony
    is making a comeback.