Lactic Acid is my friend.

Missing Person, Westminster CO

We are looking for a missing family member, Jeremy Griess. He's been missing since Sunday, last seen in Westminster, CO. If you know any information, please contact me or the Westminster Police Department, 1-303-658-2400, case 2010 6054.

Thank you.

ride
    We'll keep our eyes open. Good feedback for you - the notice is definitely getting around. I heard about it via my wife just earlier today. She saw it on a facebook note. Our hearts are with you man. Good luck.
    Redstone Cyclery
    intense*transition*rocky mountain*turner
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

Thanks for your reply. It gives us hope. We are talking to local media outlets, the police, and a P.I.. The more local people helping to look for him will help. His black honda 2 door accord has a bike rack on it (see above pic). Other bikers may have seen him or ridden with him. He has an orange painted SS and I believe a black Intense FS bike.

Thanks.
    Last edited by split; 04-16-2010 at 07:36 PM.

650b me
    I'll keep my eyes open.

Misses elastomer shocks
    bump

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Any idea of *where* we should keep an eye out? Is there any more background info on this that might help?

These are the trails Jeremy frequents:

Waterton Canyon 470 meets I-25
    Deer Creek
    Matthew Winters-red rocks
    Lair of the bear
    Mount Falcon
    Golden-White Ranch
    Boulder-Walkers Ranch

He's an avid outdoorsman (biking, fly fishing, and hiking). Lately, he had been spending a lot of time driving up to Steamboat Springs. As far as we can tell, all his gear is in his apartment. Only things missing are his car, cell and his wallet. He hasn't used his cell or CC since 4/11.

mtbr member
    these stories suck. I hope he is located.

mtbr member
    I often visit many of those same areas, I will keep a closer eye to surroundings

Yappy little dog!
    My prayers are with you and your family. I'll keep a watchful eye on the trails and between work (Golden/Westminster).

I'm with stupid
    btt

Shattering Glass
    Are his bikes at home? Favorite trails?

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Yes his bikes are at home...He recently started to do some running which is why the original poster made this thread. Some other trails to keep an eye on would be:

Hall Ranch
    Picture Rock
    Centennial Cone
    Indian Creek/Roxborough

Thanks for your help.

mtbr member
    May 2006

Good update on this case...

There's a good update on this case on the Victim's Heartland site.

If they can find the final location it will be posted there and we'd like anyone and everyone that likes to ride mtn bikes to go out there and ride your butts off and look for him. Please tell all your friends!

Follow this link.

Thanks!

Almost Human
    Sep 2007
    38.98624 -105.06916
    It's on the west side of Woodland Park off Hwy 67. But that doesn't mean much.

If a tower has a range of ~35KM and it pinged for 26 minutes, that almost indicates he was still in his car, moving, and probably on 24 going up to Rampart Res., which the posters also said was one of his favorite places to ride/run.

If he did go to Rampart then the last pings could be from the towers on the AFA which is why AT&T doesn't want to release the coordinates. ???

11 Mile Res. is also @35Km from the first towers coordinates.

Our prayers are with you. I was going out riding anyway, So maybe I'll go for Rampart tomorrow a.m.?

UT

this is a copy of a post made on Victim's Heartland site:

told me as closely as I can repeat it. My comments are in parenthesis.

“In summary, as was posted previously, they localized the last identifiable cell tower with the help of a detective from the Westminster Police Department.

(This tower was mentioned previously and is here: ”(Google Maps))

Unfortunately, an additional tower picked up Jeremy’s cell phone 26 minutes later. This tower is unidentifiable according to AT&T (his service provider). The ID number is “LAC 15201”. At this point, his phone continued to periodically try to retrieve data until sometime on Wed when it presumably ran out of battery power. We believe this is where Jeremy and his phone came to rest and if we could identify the tower, we’d be within a 15 mile radius.

Roughly 25 people showed up in Woodland Park, including locals, to take up the search this morning (Sat 17th). One of the search party members came up with the idea of driving from the last known tower in the direction where he’d most likely lose service for 26 minutes. Two search parties, each with AT&T cell phones, drove in broad loops in the SW and NW directions for 4 hours. The parties tried to create a breadcrumb trail of cell phone contacts in the most likely direction. To do this, each AT&T phone sent text messages every 4 to 5 minutes to another cell phone in the car and wrote down the mile marker and time. Our hope was that one of the phones would have pinged that final unknown tower (LAC 15201) and we’d be able to correlate the time to where we were on the road.

The Teller County Sherriff graciously contacted AT&T to run the other to phone logs. Unfortunately, AT&T would not release the phone records even though both cell phone holders gave permission….!!!??? AT&T replied that they could not do this because the lives of those phone holders were not in danger…!!!??? Unfortunately, we hit a roadblock.

The parties then contacted the Westminster Police Department where jurisdiction exists and the original phone logs were retrieved. To retrieve Jeremy’s phone log the night before, they had to persist in their efforts for 4 hours to prompt the police to help. Returning calls to the PD this time met a dead end because, according to the police, a subpoena for the AT&T info cannot be issued due to the fact that this is unlikely a criminal case…

Currently (Sat night) many searchers are going to rest as they’ve been up since 5 a.m. Friday morning. However, some of them are returning to the police department to see if pressing for the new phone log info will help. Additionally, a Private Investigator has been contacted by the family but it is unknown at this time if he will be able to work with the DA to force AT&T to release the phone records that could help locate Jeremy.

Friends and family, through a broad effort, will be able to mobilize such resources such as an airplane, ATV’s, hikers and mountain bikers if we are able to localize the search near the unidentifiable tower.

Thankfully, Channel 7 has agreed to interview the family and will televise it tomorrow.

Please keep Jeremy in your thoughts and prayers and if you have any ideas or know how to make influences in this matter, please post them here and someone will contact you. Thank you so much for your help!"

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! *** Please Help Today ***

If you are planning on mountain biking today and live in this area, or you need an excuse to get off your butt, PLEASE COME AND HELP. We have narrowed the area to Hwy 67 between Woodland Park and Deckers, Rampart Range Area (see google map below). Please check in to the command post located in front of the Teller County Sheriff's department as we are keeping track of the areas already covered. Teller County Sheriff's Office, 11400 West Highway 24/P.O. Box 27, Divide, CO 80814 (719) 687-9652 Fax (719 )687-7927

Jeremy is an avid mountain biker and although he did not take his bikes, it is believed he knows these trails well and might have gone for a hike. We need as many people as possible to ride these trails.

And be on the lookout for his black honda 2 door with bike racks!

Google Map

mtbr member
    May 2006

Search Donations

If you're like me and wish you could do more, they've created a fund for donations to help defray expenses for the search cost.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=YRN24UKHQSE7U

It was posted by a close friend of the family that is running the forum on the Victim's Heartland site so I'm 100% confident it's legit.

(◣_◢)
    Mar 2010
    Just saw the news segment on the CBS affiliate here in Colo Springs. Will definitely be on the lookout for him and his car.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Good luck with the search, I will keep an eye out as I live in the area. Hope everything turns out for the best.

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! website

A website has been setup to centralize the information about Jeremy's search. We are still searching...please help.

http://www.jeremygriess.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 14+ bikes
    If you're like me and wish you could do more, they've created a fund for donations to help defray expenses for the search cost.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=YRN24UKHQSE7U

It was posted by a close friend of the family that is running the forum on the Victim's Heartland site so I'm 100% confident it's legit.
    According to http://www.jeremygriess.com/ there is no legit paypal account set up by the family. Perhaps the quoted post should be removed. Also if this is a scam I hope much pain visits the scammers soon.

Quote Originally Posted by retsin2000
    According to http://www.jeremygriess.com/ there is no legit paypal account set up by the family. Perhaps the quoted post should be removed. Also if this is a scam I hope much pain visits the scammers soon.
    Pittner is a close friend of the family. We have now established that the funds to Pittner will go to the family to help defray costs of the search.

We are updating the website now.

Sorry for the confusion.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by split
    Pittner is a close friend of the family. We have now established that the funds to Pittner will go to the family to help defray costs of the search.

We are updating the website now.

Sorry for the confusion.
    Thanks for posting this update. I'm out of town so couldn't get to it right away, but felt bad that there was a mix up as I originally said it was legit. I was planning to contact them directly to straighten it out, but glad to see it got fixed. There is a post on the official site now correcting this.

mtbr member
    Never mind. See post below.

Almost Human
    Sep 2007
    Bump.
    Would the MOD please sticky this thread until he's found?

4000 hits on this thread, obviously we're all concerned. It could happen to any of us at any time.

Perhaps remind people that if they are going out anyway, please head south and hit the trails until we find him.

Thx,
    UT

SEARCH TODAY - Please see post on website.

t.i.t.s.ceo/FR amoeba rep
    Any new leads on this? Have been praying for a good outcome.
    I'm a cowboy on a steel horse i ride!

the blog

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I can't help but think this might be a case of him driving off the road and rolling down into a canyon, unseen from the road. Makes a case for there being a market for a chip like some embed in their pets to locate them if they run off. Put in the vehicle at least it'd be putting out a signal for searchers to follow.

God I hope he gets found safe.
    Who's in charge, the thinker or the thought?

Rigid in Evergreen
    Quote Originally Posted by xcguy
    I can't help but think this might be a case of him driving off the road and rolling down into a canyon, unseen from the road. Makes a case for there being a market for a chip like some embed in their pets to locate them if they run off. Put in the vehicle at least it'd be putting out a signal for searchers to follow.
    www.lojack.com

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by topmounter
    It'd be nice if something like that was real cheap so it'd be a no-brainer to have it in everyone's car, privacy concerns be dammed. I just returned from a road trip to Utah where more than once my attention was distracted so that I had to swerve back onto the road. I guess you'd only be able to convince yourself that you need a lojack device once you wind up down off the road, too late.
    Who's in charge, the thinker or the thought?

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    I can't help but think this might be a case of him driving off the road and rolling down into a canyon, unseen from the road.
    You remember when that guy did precisely that on I-70 coming down Genessee Hill? IIRC he was missing for over a year?

Rigid in Evergreen
    The last thing I want is to start getting speeding tickets in the mail because Denver County is low on funds and has been monitoring my DOT mandated personal locator beacon... their "you stopped 1 foot over the white line instead of trying to beat the light" red light cameras are bad enough.

The nice thing about LoJack is that it isn't activated until you report your car stolen.

Tossin the salad.
    Wish I could bet here to help. I hope friends and family members do find him and do wish the best for Jeremy that he is ok and well.

mtbr member
    privacy concerns be dammed.

Owner, Spoke Apparel
    God bless this search. Our prayers are with you and Jeremy.
    www.SpokeApparel.com
    T-Shirts for Mountain Bikers

mtbr member
    YES, God bless I will say a prayer for Jeremy and his family.
    My bike takes me places school never could!

Shread Ready
    Sorry to hear about this. I remember seeing it on the news. I hope they make some progress and that the Dude is ok.

banned
    Oct 2004
    Split,
    Curious point: you said he's been travelling up to Steamboat a bit before he went missing? 04/11 was the last day he used his CC, and it so happens to be Steamboat's last day as well. Confirm the location of the use of that CC. If Steamboat, then if there's any way, get a plane in the air and follow the route up to Steamboat. There's more than a few area where if a car went off the road, there's no way to see it from the road at all.

Tossin the salad.
    Anyone got any updates on Jeremy Griess?

mtbr member
    Apr 2010

For the latest pdates

Go to the families site:
    Link is posted above somewhere.

www.findjgriesse whatever. Scroll up about half way.

GeorgeLD

mtbr member
    Bad news I am afraid....
    posted tonight.
    "With deep regret we post this information. Unfortunately, late last night Jeremy’s body and vehicle were discovered near Paradise Valley Ranch. At this time the family is working on his burial arrangements and will provide the details as they become available.

We would like to thank everyone from the bottom our hearts for all the love and support.

Thank you
    -Griess Family"

Tossin the salad.
    This is very bad & sad news.

---------- I can only think he took his own life.
    Either way, I wish to best and give my condolence to the Griess Family.
    Last edited by TX_Shifter; 05-18-2010 at 09:22 AM.

Light freak

Very sad news

My heart goes out to his family. I had thought about this story many times on my morning rides, really hoped it was going to turn out positive.

Candlestick Maker
    baker

jeny jo
    my heart, thoughts and prayers are with the family. i've thought about Jeremy so much in the last few weeks, and was really, really hoping for a different outcome. how devistatng and sad.

may peace be with Jeremy, and his friends, and his family.

jj

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by baker
    How painful and sad. I lost a brother 12 years ago to suicide. You tend to look at life in a different light. It's hard to find peace in an event like this, my heart goes out to his family and friends.
    Ride Fast, Take Chances!

Team Inflexible
    My heart aches for Jeremy and his family. I am very sorry for the loss.

Peace and love

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I was hoping for the best, you folks are in our thoughts.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012

Most effective hosting

The best seedbox internet hosting approximately provides pretty far nevertheless you demand a fine mixture to experience fine rates with regard to downloading together with importing torrents
    palenoue9 bravejournal com/entry/100436/
    ]click here

Members who have read this thread: 0