Old, Slow and now FAT! :)
    I does seem fishy that so many bikes would suddenly appear for sale with the same contact phone number for all of them.

mtbr member
    The Evolution and Caffeine 4 have been on CL for a good month or two, they are regularly reposted. I have seen the Yeti 4x on there for some time too. I don't know the seller.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Call me a skeptic, but WTH? Everything from low end hardtails to mega high end and very rare like the Yeti 4x? Some mediums and some large?

I'd like to hear his story.

And see the receipts.

I think I can.

Doesn't look fishy to me.

In a riding style they all make sense, I see the small as being either his wife's bike or he got it to race 4 cross. Could have a kid or two he thought would ride but didn't, the large was his epic bike but didn't like, who know's.

Quote Originally Posted by honkinunit View Post
    Call me a skeptic, but WTH? Everything from low end hardtails to mega high end and very rare like the Yeti 4x? Some mediums and some large?

And see the receipts.
    Looking at the pictures some are from late summer, knowing the area he lives in I would guess he commutes to Denver for work, some people just have more bikes than they need.

Hope this threat helps him sell some of his stable, probably looking to buy a new bike

Dam,
    Bikes are FUN

mtbr member

And see the receipts.
    Then call him and make an appointment to go buy one of the bikes.

And when he shows you a receipt, be sure and apologize....

Candlestick Maker

And see the receipts.
    This cracks me up! I have way more bikes than I need, of varying sizes, hugely varying values, and I don't think I have a single receipt. On the other hand, I'm not trying to sell them all at once on Craigslist...
    baker

Candlestick Maker
    Oh no, not a negative rep! LOL

Here is the comment I got:
    "I ran into hard times (lost job) and have to make money. You people are arrogant!"

Unfortunate, if that is truly the case. I wouldn't have thought anyone would take my comment as arrogant, but tone in online conversations is hard to read. I was actually trying to say I'd be viewed in the same position if I put a buncha bikes up for sale at one time (and, I wouldn't have any proof that I bought them).
    Last edited by baker; 03-02-2012 at 03:45 PM.
    baker

Awesomist™
    Looks pretty legit to me, honestly. The ads are written in a way that suggests the person actually knows about what they're selling, which IMO is the biggest red flag (when the person is clueless). Also - that Yeti 4X looks to be one of our old RPM/Yeti team bikes, based on the build (Control Tech bars, Hayes brakes, etc,) and the size (S) of it. Probably belonged to one of our juniors at the time, and I'm pretty sure none of those bikes were stolen at any point.
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

Members who have read this thread: 0