Location...Location...Location- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Location...Location...Location

Ok, so the Mrs and I sold our house a couple months back and are in the process of finding a new house. We have a realtor but she is no rider so me telling her I want close proxemity to the trails is falling on deaf ears.

Needs:
    1.riding distance to the trails(a couple of miles most)
    2.Good neighborhood
    3.Townhome with yard or Single Family home
    4.Good schools
    5.Somewhere between Roxborough and Golden along the foothills

Wants:
    1. 3500sqft, all hardwood floors, Full basement with kegerator, next door to Playboy Playmate(s), under 125K

Anyone got any recommendations?

I'm a unitard!
    There is the new place called Utopia. You should check it out.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbfool
    There is the new place called Utopia. You should check it out.
    Been there. But the HOA fees are a B!tch!

locked - time out
    KANSAS?!?!? Nothings cheap in CO.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by moment
    Ok well I am willing to go $130K if it has a walk in humidor and above ground pool.

I think I can.

Trinidad

Or futher south maybe!

Dam,
    Bikes are FUN

mtbr member
    I do not recall anything liveable selling for $37.00/sqft in that area.

I'm a unitard!
    Quote Originally Posted by moment
    Everyone knows there are no playboy playmates in Kansas.

mtbr member
    Ok the $125K was sarcasm in case it wasn't obvious. Price is definitely an issue but I am realistic. So anyone got any recommendations between Golden and Roxborough along the front range.

Not just famous; infamous

Puff-puff, pass

Even if you double that $125K, you're not gonna find anything on the west end of town...even in a crappy neighborhood. It's a pipe dream. (Just remember to share man) Come to think of it, I can't think of any single family stuff out east at that price either. Besides, if I could find what you're looking for at that price...I wouldn't tell you about it, cuz I'd be living there with the Playmates!

My wife and I are looking in the Littleton area and we're finding OK stuff at the $225-250K mark. From what I've seen, $200-230K is townhome, $230-whateverK is single family. Keep looking, maybe you'll get lucky. (you know, owned-by-a-little-old-lady-who-only-drove-it-on-sundays lucky)

I hear ya on the trail proximity thing...only problem is, being close to a "greenbelt or openspace" is a major selling point, which raises the already bloated prices higher.

Anyway, if you're still in the DTC area, shoot me an email or pm. Sounds like we're looking for the same thing (along with half the population of metro Denver) Maybe we can grab a beer, pool some resources and find that damn Utopia place. I have a map here somewhere...

DWF
    Non Dual Bliss
    OK, I admit this is spam, but....

I'll sell you my place, we want to move up around Lyons. Property borders Highline Canal (state park) with the Platte River and Chatfield Reservoir right behind us. Singletrack from the house to Waterton/Roxborough/Indian Creek and easy ride distance to Deer Creek. 3br/2bath farmhouse, hardwoord floors, hydronic heat, all brand new low-e windows, big kitchen with natural tile floor and Corian countertops, two insulated & heated shops on seperate meters from the house, one has a bathroom; 1.5 acres, lots of big trees, big new wrap-around deck, extensive flagstone in concrete walkways, concrete driveway with parking, sprinklers, new fences around property, zoned for horses, 1,000-foot well for irrigating + city water for the house, tons of privacy, good schools, quiet neighborhood with no covenants. Good schools, either Roxborough, Highlands Ranch, or Castle Rock depending on your kid's ages and choice. All this and more can be yours for the low, low, price of $550K!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A man must have enemies and places he is not welcome. In the end we are not only defined by our friends but those against us.

mtbr member
    Check out Monument or Co Springs. You can defiinitly find something for under 250k within riding distance to sweet singletrack..and not as congested as Denver.

mtbr member
    45 homes in Roxborough Village under 250k....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DWF

I'll sell you my place, we want to move up around Lyons. Property borders Highline Canal (state park) with the Platte River and Chatfield Reservoir right behind us. Singletrack from the house to Waterton/Roxborough/Indian Creek and easy ride distance to Deer Creek. 3br/2bath farmhouse, hardwoord floors, hydronic heat, all brand new low-e windows, big kitchen with natural tile floor and Corian countertops, two insulated & heated shops on seperate meters from the house, one has a bathroom; 1.5 acres, lots of big trees, big new wrap-around deck, extensive flagstone in concrete walkways, concrete driveway with parking, sprinklers, new fences around property, zoned for horses, 1,000-foot well for irrigating + city water for the house, tons of privacy, good schools, quiet neighborhood with no covenants. Good schools, either Roxborough, Highlands Ranch, or Castle Rock depending on your kid's ages and choice. All this and more can be yours for the low, low, price of $550K!
    I don't know DWF. I am kind of wanting a place with some room to stretch out. Do you take IOUs?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by coolhandluchs
    Even if you double that $125K, you're not gonna find anything on the west end of town...even in a crappy neighborhood. It's a pipe dream. (Just remember to share man) Come to think of it, I can't think of any single family stuff out east at that price either. Besides, if I could find what you're looking for at that price...I wouldn't tell you about it, cuz I'd be living there with the Playmates!

My wife and I are looking in the Littleton area and we're finding OK stuff at the $225-250K mark. From what I've seen, $200-230K is townhome, $230-whateverK is single family. Keep looking, maybe you'll get lucky. (you know, owned-by-a-little-old-lady-who-only-drove-it-on-sundays lucky)

I hear ya on the trail proximity thing...only problem is, being close to a "greenbelt or openspace" is a major selling point, which raises the already bloated prices higher.

Anyway, if you're still in the DTC area, shoot me an email or pm. Sounds like we're looking for the same thing (along with half the population of metro Denver) Maybe we can grab a beer, pool some resources and find that damn Utopia place. I have a map here somewhere...
    I hear ya man. Green Mountain looks like a good area to check out but I would definitely appreciate any insight you have found.

Gaa-zee-raaaa!
    Quote Originally Posted by FrontRanger
    Do you take IOUs?
    "That one's for the Lamborghini - you'll want to hold onto that one."

Roxborough Village has houses between $190k and $400k and is right next to Waterton (takes me 6 minutes by bike - from my door). The only issues are H2O, which runs me about $85/month - really, and taxes (last year I paid $2700 on a house appraised @ $218k). Other than those two drawbacks, the area is great. It's close to trails (CO / Indian Creek / Deer Creek, etc...), close to Chatfield Res., and pretty close to Denver without having the feel of Highlands Ranch and the like.
    Last edited by Godzilla; 08-07-2006 at 03:39 PM.
    Now with more vitriol!

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

check out green mountain hood

I hear ya man. Green Mountain looks like a good area to check out but I would definitely appreciate any insight you have found.
    the area SE of Jewell and Alameda Hutch homes. GM riding is 5 minutes away with Dakota and others nearby, you know what I mean. I grew up over there and my parents still live there by rooney elementary. There are a lot of empty nest remodeled houses in the area. I have seen a lot of really nice places go in the 260k range in the last year.

Here is one in that area for reference to the area. Other options to the North to the High School and West to the hogback as well.

http://www.recolorado.com/Search/pro..._number=397306

You already did the hard part and sold your house. Stuff is moving slow, go Furengi on someone's ass and get yourself a deal.

mtbr member
    i'd say hang out on a friday night in GM and make sure the noise from bandimere won't drive you crazy first...

granted it's not every weekend, but i don't think i could live near there myself.

$.02
    -
    .And following our will and wind . . .
    . . .We'll ride the spiral to the end
    and may just go where no one's been.

mtbr member

I'll sell you my place, we want to move up around Lyons....
    Man, that Deck is pretty!!!

trail waggler

Very nice!

But those stairs aren't to code, need a rail 'fer 'em

Very nice place for a divorced white female! ( Schweet place that you have there, looks like you've put ALOT of work into it, & $550k sounds like a bargain).

BTW, I hear that there's SOME good riding in the Lyons area

Yappy little dog!

Nice. Needs opne more bedroom and replace the corian with granite and I would be interested.

Yappy little dog!
    Ok the $125K was sarcasm in case it wasn't obvious. Price is definitely an issue but I am realistic. So anyone got any recommendations between Golden and Roxborough along the front range.
    I've been looking for a while now, but getting closer (I think). What you want in Golden is going to cost you between $550K and $750K. You could squeak out a place in Evergreen that meets your requirements for $450K. I haven't looked further south or north than that. Arvada is creepy and Highlands Ranch/Littleton just scares the sh!t out of me. Too many houses, too close together.

Which way? Uphill.
    Roxborough would have what you're looking for with some lower prices, but they have some serious water issues ($500/month water bill in some cases).

3500 sq. ft townhome is pretty big for a townhome, wooweee

I just bought in Morrison, suburbia , not the fun downtown area. I like the location I'm a 1 minute ride to the C-470 trail and I'm easily within biking distance of Mt. Falcon, Deer Creek, and Waterton & Green Mountain if I want to ride the pavement a little further.

You might want to look off of Morrison road (east of C-470, west of Kipling), I bet those will satisfy your requirements. They might be expensive though, pretty new and near a bunch of golf courses. You'd be within a couple miles of Green Mountain, Mt. Falcon and Bear Creek Lake Park will be in your backyard. If you road bike you'd be right by the Bear Creek bike path and C-470 trail, you'd be able to get anywhere.

Oh yeah, I forgot to add:
    When I was looking we looked a lot in the Green Mountain area. I found that you got a whole lot more bang for your buck a little further south of there, besides, I was getting tired of looking at nothing but bilevels. The location there is great too though, older neighbohoods.
    Blog

Just keep spinning. Just keep running. Just keep paddling.
    Just keep moving forward.

Your bike sucks
    Say it isn't so.

It seems like you've done too much work recently to move. Looks great tho. Wish I had an extra 300K laying around. Wanna make a trade?

Now Uploading
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbfool
    Everyone knows there are no playboy playmates in Kansas.
    Of course I only read it for the articles, but Kansas looks very nice from time to time. The hay in the crack can be a real deal breaker though.

Lived in Lakewood, Denver, Golden and Arvada. Anything inhabitable near the trails is gonna set you back 200K+. Real estate is overinflated here, just like anyplace else where people migrate from to get away from humidity, hay stacks and so many silly commuters. Wait a minute, about ready to attack traffic on I-25 again... hang up and get out of my way.

Cheers,

Dave
    Just Passing Through: eatin' dirt & crappin' dust

To "Air" Is Human
    Quote Originally Posted by gotdirt
    i'd say hang out on a friday night in GM and make sure the noise from bandimere won't drive you crazy first...

granted it's not every weekend, but i don't think i could live near there myself.

$.02
    Haha...I lived in Morrison and could hear the concerts and the races. The Jet Car Nationals were loud but the worst part of that area was the Grateful Dead and Phish kids that would try camping on your lawn and peeing in your bushes. My dogs like hippies...they taste like chicken!

With gas prices the way they are I am thinking of living in my shop.

mtbr member
    This is definitely one of the areas I am concentrating on. Thanks for the link. I figure I can always get an old school bus or a yurt if things take a turn for the worse.

Quote Originally Posted by mateomtb
    the area SE of Jewell and Alameda Hutch homes. GM riding is 5 minutes away with Dakota and others nearby, you know what I mean. I grew up over there and my parents still live there by rooney elementary. There are a lot of empty nest remodeled houses in the area. I have seen a lot of really nice places go in the 260k range in the last year.

Here is one in that area for reference to the area. Other options to the North to the High School and West to the hogback as well.

http://www.recolorado.com/Search/pro..._number=397306

You already did the hard part and sold your house. Stuff is moving slow, go Furengi on someone's ass and get yourself a deal.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by schnauzers
    ... and Highlands Ranch/Littleton just scares the sh!t out of me. Too many houses, too close together.
    Yeah, my wife and i refer to this phenomenon as the "sea of houses" Glad we were lucky enough to avoid it when we bought our home.

Not just famous; infamous
    Quote Originally Posted by nepbug
    besides, I was getting tired of looking at nothing but bilevels.
    HA! Can't wait until we finally get serious, call a realtor to look at places, get 'em all hot and bothered, then add, "by the way, NO bi-or-tri-levels." My wife will not live in a split level house under any conditions...which means we'll probably end up in a ranch.

This little piece of entertainment works great with car dealers in the Denver area too, BTW. Tell them what you're looking for, let them tell you how great their selection is, then tell 'em, "any color but black, white or tan," and just watch the dismay instantly set in.

Hey, it keeps me from getting too bored.

hehe ...you said "member"
    The Green Mountain area is great! Haven't priced the homes recently, but I've got GM/Dakota Ridge/Matthews Winters right out my back door ... no car keys needed. Perfect for that quick ride after work. In the car, you're 15 minutes from some of the best trails that JeffCo open space has to offer. Kids? ... great public schools too. If you're not tied to your realator, Tim Wade does a ton of business in GM. Good Luck!

Members who have read this thread: 0