mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Lacerated Liver at Matthews Winters

I just posted in the general forum about my really bad day at MW on Sunday.

Sometimes stuff just happens.

I won't complain about there being too many hikers there in the future, since a couple of them stopped and helped. Not that the riders didn't express concern. I had plenty of assistance.

Be safe.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=82843

Not just famous; infamous

I think I saw you wipe out

Mike, Dave and I were riding the Morrison Slide trail Sunday. We were about 100yds up the trail, just turning a switchback, when I saw this guy (in yellow, I think) go off the trail. I was gonna turn around and check, but like you said, there was another rider coming up behind you and a couple of hikers right there. Sorry to hear about your impalement, I have a buddy who did that--nowhere near as bad as a lacerated liver though, just really sore ribs.

Glad to hear you're OK (after your hospital stay), it sounded like it hurt...a lot

Quote Originally Posted by honkinunit
    I just posted in the general forum about my really bad day at MW on Sunday.

Sometimes stuff just happens.

I won't complain about there being too many hikers there in the future, since a couple of them stopped and helped. Not that the riders didn't express concern. I had plenty of assistance.

locked - time out
    I'm not even sure I want to read your other post, the words "lacerated liver" make my skin crawl - I've broken all kinds of stuff before, but lacerated liver? That sounds horrible, I wish you a speedy recovery.

Addicted
    Wow, I hope you have a speedy recovery. Sounds like it could have been worse. At least you'll live to ride again.

Matthews/Winters hasn't been too friendly lately...I just got bit by a dog out there on Tuesday. My injury is minor though put into perspective with your experience.

Good luck.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Small World

Quote Originally Posted by coolhandluchs
    Mike, Dave and I were riding the Morrison Slide trail Sunday. We were about 100yds up the trail, just turning a switchback, when I saw this guy (in yellow, I think) go off the trail. I was gonna turn around and check, but like you said, there was another rider coming up behind you and a couple of hikers right there. Sorry to hear about your impalement, I have a buddy who did that--nowhere near as bad as a lacerated liver though, just really sore ribs.

Glad to hear you're OK (after your hospital stay), it sounded like it hurt...a lot
    Small world. That was me. I was wearing a yellow gore-tex jacket and riding a Moots. My son was a little behind me on a Giant AC1. I had plenty of help fast. I think the moaning grabbed them.

Now Uploading
    Quote Originally Posted by honkinunit
    Small world. That was me.
    Damn. I didn't even know, I must have been in front of Dan at that point on Sunday, I didn't see or hear anything wrong or I would have gone back. Glad you're gonna be OK. What spot did that happen at on the trail? I know that place well.

Dave
    Just Passing Through: eatin' dirt & crappin' dust