mtbr member
    May 2005

Keystone Bike Thefts

Just a note to be as careful with your stuff in the mountains as you are in the city...

http://www.summitdaily.com/article/2.../NEWS/50921014

Unfortunately this is only a story about Keystone, because it happens all over the county.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Yep, many of us were at Keystone that weekend for the Keystone Climax. Bastards I hope they get what they have coming to them. Does Karma really work? I hope so. There have been so many bikes stolen this year, it’s unbelievable.

Shinobi-Wan Kenobi Moderator
    That stinks! There have been many days where I'll bring two bikes up there and switch between them during the day. I always lock the one I'm not using to the rack and have never had any problems. I guess I'll have to start being more cautious...

user-created
    It's funny how all those bike are worth 5 or 6k. A $6000 RMX? That'd take a lot of bling.

Ok that's the only humor I find in this and whoever stole the bikes should die of rabies compounded by a painful urinary-tract infection.

Shread Ready
    Wow, I didn't realize the total was all the upto 33K+ !! jesh, that bites the big one. It amazes me they take these high-end bikes that I would imagine are quite rare. I would think it would NOT be easy to resell one of these here in Colorado. My main question is, does anyone think these thieves are Locals/Summit countly employees or maybe just jackers coming up from the city with a organized plan. Either way, after reading that summit county websites recent news stories it amazes me how much crime their is happneing up in the hills! Kinda sucks when you think of how the mtns used to be a much more trust worthy place! Damn theives!

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrasher
    Wow, I didn't realize the total was all the upto 33K+ !! jesh, that bites the big one. It amazes me they take these high-end bikes that I would imagine are quite rare. I would think it would NOT be easy to resell one of these here in Colorado. My main question is, does anyone think these thieves are Locals/Summit countly employees or maybe just jackers coming up from the city with a organized plan. Either way, after reading that summit county websites recent news stories it amazes me how much crime their is happneing up in the hills! Kinda sucks when you think of how the mtns used to be a much more trust worthy place! Damn theives!
    Yeah it does suck.

I could be wrong but I doubt if it's summit county peeps.
    Anyone selling these bikes is selling out of state, IMHO. It's just as bad if not worse in the metro area.

mtbr member
    May 2005

thefts

Yeah, there are some that are thinking that this is a pretty high-end biz, not much different than stealing cars, stripping them down, and reselling somewhere else. Whatever it is, someone definitely seems to know what to look for.

I guess I'm lucky to be in the category of bikes that are getting left on the rack.

Members who have read this thread: 0