pain intolerant

Just another trail condition thread (NoCo)

Anyone ridden Bobcat or DBB/Indian Summer yesterday or this morning? How's it look? Also, where's all the sun the weather gurus promised us?

slow
    Sunny at my house at the base of Maxwell as of 11:00am.

Sorry, no trail conditions report for you. ---> Dead bikes

mtbr member
    Feb 2008

Bobcat Ridge trail conditions

As of 12/20/08 @ 1600 : The Ginny, Power Line , Eden Valley Spur, and the open portion of the Valley Loop trails still have snow, but are all rideable. There are some deeper drifts on the Mahoney Park section of the Ginny Trail.

We had three brave soles do the Powerline - Ginny loop this morning. I'm sure they were COLD due to the wind chill! I know myself and one of the other rangers were when we went up to remove the tree across the trail at the top of the Ginny.

FCNA

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Bit south......did not buy a seasons pass this year for skiing !!

Hall Ranch 12/20 10 am ---

Last edited by Ride2Suffer; 12-21-2008 at 09:28 AM.

Feeding your addiction
    Quote Originally Posted by jradin
    Anyone ridden Bobcat or DBB/Indian Summer yesterday or this morning? How's it look? Also, where's all the sun the weather gurus promised us?
    Rode DBB on the Pugsley yesterday, still snow covered on all the lower stuff. Some of the climb and the back loop were melted out. It's packed enough that you could probably ride it, but it will be a bit slippery in spots.

Larry
    Mountain High Cyclery
    larry@mtnhighcyclery.com
    "It is inhumane, in my opinion, to force people who have a genuine medical need for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently view it as some kind of recreational activity". - Dave Barry

My cup runneth over
    Rode the Green Mountain loop at dawn Sunday. Lots of snow still and dang cold.

pain intolerant
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventanarama
    Rode DBB on the Pugsley yesterday, still snow covered on all the lower stuff. Some of the climb and the back loop were melted out. It's packed enough that you could probably ride it, but it will be a bit slippery in spots.

Larry
    Mountain High Cyclery
    larry@mtnhighcyclery.com
    Thanks Larry

I managed to get my lazy, warm-blooded self out there Sunday from about 11 - 1. I was pretty surprised at how ridable even the snow packed areas were, thanks in large part to the Pugsley "grooming" the trail! Other then a few short shady sections on Laughing Horse Loop the trail was in great riding shape. My toes were absolutely frozen when I finished, so I drove straight to the LBS for full shoe booties for the next ride.

mtbr member
    For what it's worth - North Boulder Valley trails were very rideable. I chose this for two reasons: haven't ridden the area in a long time, and thought snow might make it more adventurous; I wanted something not too steep for climbing capability, and figured it was safer if the going got slick. Snowpack was manageable everywhere, did a nice slow ride to keep the wind chill down.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Rode Hall Ranch up the Antelope side to the intersection with Nelson Loop yesterday. Riding conditions were not too bad -- the snow along the trail has been compacted enough that you can get pretty good traction all the way up. Most of the trail is rideable up to Nelson Loop. Beyond that it looks like walking will be involved (until more compaction has occurred).

slow

Fort Collins report Tuesday 12/23 2 pm

Maxwell, Shoreline, and Michaud. Packed snow in spots. No ice. Lots of dry. Great riding
    Attached Images Attached Images

pain intolerant

Ginny Trail at Bobcat Ridge

Ginny Trail at Bobcat Ridge (1pm Tuesday)

Mostly snow packed but not icy. Snow was an average of 1 - 2 inches deep. Short sections of dirt on the southern/western facing slopes only. The snow made for tougher riding conditions then DBB for sure, but still worth the trip.

Members who have read this thread: 0