Your bike sucks

Jeffco Advocates - who went to the last meeting(thurs)?

I didn't know about it. Did an e-mail go out? I keep wondering if my SPAM blocker is working too good. If anyone knows how to "stay in the know" - inform me.

So, if anyone here did attend, could you please PM me (or post if you are comfortable doing so) with a brief status?

Thanks.

Perpetually single track
    I was there....among a few others from here...marinjp, and mtndirteater.

PM me your email address and I'll get you on the list(50+ people strong).
    Next meeting is two weeks from Thurs.

Perpetually single track
    As to some status. We broke up into some different commitees, and worked out a short list of things each committee should work on.....overall a very productive meeting. I'd say we had nearly 40 people there.

mtbr member

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Mega
    I didn't know about it. Did an e-mail go out? I keep wondering if my SPAM blocker is working too good. If anyone knows how to "stay in the know" - inform me.

So, if anyone here did attend, could you please PM me (or post if you are comfortable doing so) with a brief status?

Thanks.
    Here's the recap.

There were about 50-60 people last night and we broke up into a few different committees. Communications, Political, Stewardship/Trail work, Structure, and a group that will interface with the Jeff Co. policy makers(i.e. Task Force members). The groups came up with about 5 action items that will be addressed at the next meeting, which is 2 weeks from yesterday @ Yeti again.
    Someone, can't remember who, is going to start a Yahoo group and will send that info out to all those who put there name and email on the list at the original meeting.
    We (Structure) are going to gat a copy of TCS mission statement, amend it, and see if we can leverage their organizational structure to suit our new organization. Seems the TCS folk won't have a problem with this.
    So as soon as the Yahoo group is up the Communications folk will start their gig. Dave Cohen (Task Force member) has a Jeff Co. policy doc, to post for review and comments.
    Dan Grunig(?) from Bicycle Colorado has a master list of who is on which committee. If you're of a mind to join one I'm sure he can help you out.
    In a nutshell that was it, some good ideas were presented and the meeting was a success.

Perpetually single track
    I own the yahoo group list for the core group....it's already created. FWIW, I'd estimate way under 50 people showed. Per the list I have it was more like 35....not that it matters too much. If anyone needs to be added to the list, please PM me your email addy.

I also have the big list of 200+ names from the first meeting. I'll create a yahoo id and put them in it's address book once we have a name choosen. They (the big group) will not be put in a yahoo group as that would be inappropriate for privacy reasons.

Now Uploading
    Quote Originally Posted by sandan
    Here's the recap.
    Good recap. Here are some updates and additional info.

There were about 50-60 people last night and we broke up into a few different committees. Communications, Political...
    The Political Subcommittee was renamed the Policy Subcommittee...

...Stewardship/Trail work, Structure, and a group that will interface with the Jeff Co. policy makers(i.e. Task Force members).
    That subcommittee is the Trail Use Task Force Subcommittee.

We will establish contacts and chairs for each subcommittte. I chair the Trail Use Task Force subcommittee. Each of our subcommittees will be putting out info on what we do and how to get involved and help.

Someone, can't remember who, is going to start a Yahoo group and will send that info out to all those who put there name and email on the list at the original meeting.
    http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group...tb_Core_Group/

Kirk and Ken in my subcommittee got this Yahoo Group up and running less than 24 hours after the last meeting.

Dave Cohen (Task Force member) has a Jeff Co. policy doc, to post for review and comments.
    We are reviewing it now, comparing the two documents and will be presenting it with supporting information for review and additional input with the whole group in two weeks. We will decide as a group how to distribute information releases and documents that myself and other Task Force members obtain, for group input and feedback. The Communications subcommittee will be key in distributing the bulk of such information in the future.

Dan Grunig(?) from Bicycle Colorado has a master list of who is on which committee. If you're of a mind to join one I'm sure he can help you out.
    So can I, and I'd be happy to help, I have the list as well. I spoke to Dan Friday. Dan (and Scott at IMBA) has done an excellent job of presentation at the last two meetings, Dan and Bicycle Colorado, as well as IMBA and others, fully support our new alliance, but Dan is stepping into the background now that he has accomplished a job well done. It is up to us now. We've got a lot of great people involved. And we are off to an excellent start, thanks to everyone. The best way to get involved and help is to attend the meetings! The next group meeting is at Yeti again in two weeks, on Thursday, (March 10th).

More in two weeks.

Cheers,

Dave
    Last edited by mtbdirteater; 02-28-2005 at 02:16 PM. Reason: EDIT: that Thursday is March 10th
    Just Passing Through: eatin' dirt & crappin' dust

Now Uploading
    Quote Originally Posted by ibmkidIII
    I also have the big list of 200+ names from the first meeting. I'll create a yahoo id and put them in it's address book once we have a name choosen. They (the big group) will not be put in a yahoo group as that would be inappropriate for privacy reasons.
    Exactly. Don't worry about your contact info being distributed just by attending a meeting, this is confidential. We plan to list all the subcommittee members and chairs for contact purposes within our group, and supply those that agree to have contact info shared outside of the group for contact, but we will not put out a big list for privacy reasons.

If you want your info provided for contact, it will be, if not, it won't be.

Good job on getting the Yahoo Group up so fast Kirk.

Cheers,

Dave
    Just Passing Through: eatin' dirt & crappin' dust