Trail Sanitizer

IMBA/Team Evergreen Epic 2 - Sign up now!

I thought I should post this now so that it doesn't sneak up on me and I forget. The weekend of Sep 24-25 IMBA and Team Evergreen will be sponsoring their second annual Epic weekend in Buffalo Creek. The organization that I belong to, Trail Conservation Services (TCS) will be helping by providing trained crew leaders. The US Forest Service and the Front Range Mountain Bike Patrol are also key members of this deal. We will be working on the Green Mountain trail in the Buffalo Creek area.

The weekend will involve some good times. In a nutshell, there's trail work to do on Saturday and your choice of guided ride on Sunday. Further details are available here: http://www.triplebypass.org/epic2/info.htm

Highlights/benefits:

A chance to volunteer and give back to the trails that we all use.
    Free swag - and lots of it
    Free camping
    Free lunch, dinner and snacks on Saturday
    Free camping
    Free breakfast on Sunday
    Guided rides on Sunday ranging from 13 to almost 50 miles in length.
    Meet new people that share your interest in all things biking
    Did I mention the chance to give back to the trails that we all ride???

Registering is quick, painless and, of course, free. To register, click here: http://www.triplebypass.org/epic2/

There are already over 40 people signed up and I will be personally leading a trail crew of my own. I look forward to meeting a lot of you out there. So, what are you waiting for? Get out there and register for this truly epic event.

Trail Sanitizer
    We're almost up to 50 registrants. I hope some of them are members of this board. Keep it up!

Trail Sanitizer
    Back to the top again. We have almost 60 registrants. This is going to be a big, fun and, dare I say, epic weekend.

Post up if you have registered so I know who to look for!

Trail Sanitizer

One more time

Okay, last bump. The event is this weekend and it really is going to be a great time. Everything will be provided for you - from food to tools to camping to beer. We just need the bodies out there to get the work done.

If you haven't taken the time to click on the link yet, here are the details. As of last count, there are 79 people registered. Don't let this be an excuse NOT to join us. We need all the help we can get. The trail work itself is only scheduled to last from 9-1pm. We're doing a reroute of the Green Mountain trail in the Buffalo Creek area. Make this weekend your time to give back to the trails that you ride.

SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 24
    9:00 a.m. 1:00 p.m. Trail work
    Be ready to go at 9:00 a.m. at the Meadows Campground. From the Meadows Campground, we will ride to the worksite on Green Mountain Trail. We will provide snacks and beverages during the work period and a light lunch around 1:00 p.m.

3:00 5:00 p.m. Optional Group Ride
    If you still have energy, join us for an optional Saturday afternoon ride around Green Mountain Loop with Colorado trail options.

6:00 p.m. Group Dinner and Festivities
    Saturday night will be the night to unwind, hang out with new friends and enjoy a provided meal under the stars. Team Evergreen will provide a yummy catered dinner Saturday night which is free for all registered participants and volunteers.

SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 25
    7:30 a.m. Breakfast
    Team Evergreen will provide a power-packed breakfast including coffee, fruit and burritos Sunday morning free for all participants and volunteers!

EPIC RIDE

Plan to ride between four to six hours. Remember to bring plenty of food and water for the ride plus essentials such as spare inner tubes, a patch kit, tool kit, pump, sunscreen, and any additional clothing you might need if we should encounter a weather change.

Participants will be broken up into three rider preference groups. If you want to go fast or slow, there will be a group for you. Go to map for detailed ride descriptions to decide which ride is right for you.

8:30 a.m. Red ride (Hardcore!) departs
    9:00 a.m. Blue ride (Hard - but not core) departs
    9:30 a.m. Green ride (Intermediate) departs

Should you need to cancel your registration or if you have any additional
    questions, please contact: Aaron Miller
    After Friday morning, try Aaron on his cell at (303) 359-2670.
    or leave a message on the Mountain Bike voice mailbox at (303) 753-5232.

Host club: Team Evergreen http://www.teamevergreen.org