Homemade mountain bike trail damages Golden park lands
    https://www.9news.com/mobile/article...9-cb7acd5eb644
    (Via 9NEWS)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

friend of Apex
    I'm just here, for the lulz
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

mtbr member
    I wouldn't call it an illegal trail... more like a 100-ft section of jank that neighborhood kids built when no one was looking.

If Golden would allow the Singletrack Sidewalks project, they wouldn't have to deal with hooligans like this.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    I wouldn't call it an illegal trail... more like a 100-ft section of jank that neighborhood kids built when no one was looking.

If Golden would allow the Singletrack Sidewalks project, they wouldn't have to deal with hooligans like this.
    Yea agreed. My first thought was the Kinney Run folks giving the Mountain Bike community bad press when ever they can to make themselves feel better and look better in Golden’s eyes.

mtbr member
    Kids on bmx bikes.... better than doing drugs. I’m still waiting to hear what “sensitive environment” is being impacted.... in the middle of the subdivision. Some people really are bitter. Maybe the kids will take up home invasion instead....
    Denver, CO

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Streetdoctor View Post
    Kids on bmx bikes.... better than doing drugs. I’m still waiting to hear what “sensitive environment” is being impacted.... in the middle of the subdivision. Some people really are bitter. Maybe the kids will take up home invasion instead....

Maybe the kids will take up home invasion instead....

Nah. Skate boarders might but not bmxers.
    "These things are very fancy commuter bikes or really bad dirt bikes, but they are not mountain bikes." - J. Mac

friend of Apex
    I’m still waiting to hear what “sensitive environment” is being impacted.... in the middle of the subdivision.
    This spot.
    (The signs mysteriously disappeared later that evening)

Moderator Moderator
    Geesh, someone has a lot of time on their hands if they freak out over a neighborhood connector, that A) has probably been there since the neighboorhood was built, B) is used by the neighboorhood kids to get to that school, and C) is probably used by pedestrians V bikers 20/1.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryman View Post
    Geesh, someone has a lot of time on their hands if they freak out over a neighborhood connector, that A) has probably been there since the neighboorhood was built, B) is used by the neighboorhood kids to get to that school, and C) is probably used by pedestrians V bikers 20/1.

Yes!
    I suspect that the "someone" complaining is the same someone who:

1. Rallied the neighborhood to oppose the proposed singletrack sidewalk
    2. Constantly complains about bikes riding on the Kinney Run (multi-use) Trail
    3. Convinced the neighborhood to put up "Private Property - No Trespassing" signs at trail junctures, even though most of those trails are public
    4. Convinced the neighborhood to make their little, hidden park private, instead of allowing the city to build it as a public, city park (with a port-o-potty and drinking fountain)

Her real motivation is to be able to walk her dog off-leash without having to worry about other people.
    Maybe she shouldn't live so close to an elementary school?
    Good luck giving kids a ticket for taking a shortcut to school...
    Is this where I write something witty?

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    The grasses growing there are food for the nearly-extinct red panda (native to Golden). Think of the pandas.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Just another example of the Boulderfication of Golden.

Three more years and I'm free!

a dad
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by honkinunit View Post
    Just another example of the Boulderfication of Golden.

Three more years and I'm free!
    but where you going?? we are 5 out..
    BBZ

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy - Benjamin Franklin

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    What *I* want to know is why the f**k none of you people told me about this trail on North Table Mountain. Taken from a page at https://friendsofkinneyrun.com :

https://img1.wsimg.com/isteam/stock/...:343.5,cg:true

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by SkaredShtles View Post
    What *I* want to know is why the f**k none of you people told me about this trail on North Table Mountain. Taken from a page at https://friendsofkinneyrun.com :

https://img1.wsimg.com/isteam/stock/...:343.5,cg:true
    ***or the wonderful picture with the article link ‘towns resist dirt mountain bike trails’ showing an amoured motorcycle rider mid air- you know like single track sidewalks would have worked out.

mtbr member
    Jun 2017

Illegal Golden Trails?

Cool ebike brah

Moderator Moderator
    Did MV move to Golden?

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Wow, that site. Had to leave quickly.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by billybobzia View Post
    but where you going?? we are 5 out..
    If I told you I'd have to shoot you.

Far away from the Front Range, but still in CO. There are still a few good places left, but they are rapidly being overrun. Soon, I will be one of the overrunners myself. Prices are blowing up in almost every small town west of the divide, because everyone has the same idea - the Front Range now officially sucks, so cash out and move to ******. We are actually buying a house this year and renting it out until we can escape the madness. If prices continue going up at the same rate they have gone up the past five years, we'll be priced out in another three years.

Since we figure the area only has to hold up for about twenty years or so for us, we'll be OK. I'm convinced that 20 years from now, People will start retiring to the midwest to escape the inevitable total inundation of all of the good places in CO. Or maybe NM will quit being such a shitshow.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    the Front Range now officially sucks, so cash out and move to ******.
    Montrose or Junction!

friend of Apex
    Thank goodness the city is on it. These signs look sooo good.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by golden_d View Post
    Montrose or Junction!
    No f'in way. If I wanted that crap, I'd retire to Aurora.

Chronic 1st-timer
    But is it directional?
    Trailwrecker at large

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I'm convinced that 20 years from now, People will start retiring to the midwest to escape the inevitable total inundation of all of the good places in CO.
    Name:  IMG_5345.jpg
Views: 655
Size:  57.9 KB

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I ride through kinney run a dozen or so times a year
    it's the most sterile frightening place on the front range
    it's also my goto place to take a nice long piss, dump in the bushes, and burn one

on a cold winter morning when all the whops are tucked in their cozy homes I sometime spark up on the playground, I've considered putting a smut mag in the outhouse at the playground, i'd imagine they'd call the swat team in on that one, when little johnny takes it home and asked what it is

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Little Johnny already knows what pegging is from the internets.
    "We LOVE cows! They make trails for us.....

And then we eat them."

Thrill Bikers Unite!

mtbr member
    I went and looked at "The Friends of Kinney Run" page linked above. What a hoot!
    Maybe Golden should call their bluff and give them exactly what they are pretending to care about:

1. Make the Kinney Run corridor a protected open space - no humans allowed. No bikes. No runners. No walkers. Certainly no dogs. None.
    2. Use eminent domain to purchase, and scrape any house which is within 200 yards of Kinney Run.
    3. Create a different, connecting, multi-use path elsewhere in the remaining neighborhood, again using eminent domain where necessary.
    4. Since the remaining Eagle Ridge and Stonebridge neighborhoods will "benefit" the most from this now protected area, create a special use tax on those residents to pay for it.

Yay! Now we can all be happy.

It still won't solve the problem of kids cutting through a park on their way to school, though...
    Is this where I write something witty?

a dad
    Jan 2004
    If I told you I'd have to shoot you.

Far away from the Front Range, but still in CO. There are still a few good places left, but they are rapidly being overrun. Soon, I will be one of the overrunners myself. Prices are blowing up in almost every small town west of the divide, because everyone has the same idea - the Front Range now officially sucks, so cash out and move to ******. We are actually buying a house this year and renting it out until we can escape the madness. If prices continue going up at the same rate they have gone up the past five years, we'll be priced out in another three years.

Since we figure the area only has to hold up for about twenty years or so for us, we'll be OK. I'm convinced that 20 years from now, People will start retiring to the midwest to escape the inevitable total inundation of all of the good places in CO. Or maybe NM will quit being such a shitshow.

so salida..
    BBZ

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    You know... the rest of us are waiting with bated breath for all you malcontents to GTFO.

Get on with it, already!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by SkaredShtles View Post
    You know... the rest of us are waiting with bated breath for all you malcontents to GTFO.

Get on with it, already!!
    Sorry, you're stuck with me until the pension kicks in. Then you can find me on the Western Colorado forum.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleBitey View Post
    Name:  IMG_5345.jpg
Views: 655
Size:  57.9 KB
    Twenty years ago, who would have thought a mountain bike rider retiring to NW Arkansas would be a good idea?

Winner: Bella Vista, Arkansas | MONEY: Personal Finance News & Advice

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/the-un...e-ar-2017.html

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Sorry, you're stuck with me until the pension kicks in. Then you can find me on the Western Colorado forum.

mtbr member
    Seeing that friends of Kinney Run site just makes me want to be as much of a nuisance when I'm in that area as possible.

Front Range is pathetic when it comes to providing access for really any outdoor activity especially considering it's reputation as an outdoor lifestyle area. I'd be gone if I didn't have family to consider. However kids in school and job with a decade towards pension (50% there) means ties to the area and harder to leave.

Sad though that it feels pointless to even attempt to lobby for better trails with directional requirements and that have "features".

a dad
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Crit Rat View Post
    Seeing that friends of Kinney Run site just makes me want to be as much of a nuisance when I'm in that area as possible.

Front Range is pathetic when it comes to providing access for really any outdoor activity especially considering it's reputation as an outdoor lifestyle area. I'd be gone if I didn't have family to consider. However kids in school and job with a decade towards pension (50% there) means ties to the area and harder to leave.

Sad though that it feels pointless to even attempt to lobby for better trails with directional requirements and that have "features".

I hear you... Jeffco doesn't want change, but they will happily consider anyone for their maintenance needs with the carrot that you might be able to do something cool.. but then you won't do anything but build water bars/drains...
    BBZ

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    ...Or maybe NM will quit being such a shitshow.
    I've been there a couple times and thought it was rather pleasant, outside of some of the incredibly barren/bleak reservation areas. It was on my radar as a possible move location. What am I missing?

mtbr member

Amen. Jeffco isn't hiding the fact that they don't want more trail users either. Sooner or later hopefully rogue trail crews will just start doing their own thing. Jeffco doesn't have the man power to stop it, you just need to know where they put the game cameras at
    Denver, CO

friend of Apex
    Ride your damn bike and enjoy yourself. Its public property, not these assholes' private retirement community.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by WKD-RDR View Post
    Ride your damn bike and enjoy yourself. Its public property, not these assholes' private retirement community.
    Hear, hear.

I'll be wheelying through and sure to launch off the rock ledge in the park every time.

friend of Apex
    Every. Damn. Time.

Be sure to wave after you get to the sac.

mtbr member
    Amen. Jeffco isn't hiding the fact that they don't want more trail users either. Sooner or later hopefully rogue trail crews will just start doing their own thing. Jeffco doesn't have the man power to stop it, you just need to know where they put the game cameras at

One can only hope it happens. I remember when a certain Yeti rider got caught on an unsanctioned trail in Boulder and you would have thought hell froze over.

More stoked people in the world is a good thing and I wish society would realize that and allow according access. Unfortunately as a young sport only now are there people starting to come to power who mountain biked when younger and might start to help craft policy that is inclusive of all user groups.

There are so many baseball fields in parks, heck littered everywhere that just sit there. Sometimes I pass them and envision a bike park on each one instead. I bet kids would be more healthy and have more confidence if we made that change.

mtbr member
    One can only hope it happens. I remember when a certain Yeti rider got caught on an unsanctioned trail in Boulder and you would have thought hell froze over.

More stoked people in the world is a good thing and I wish society would realize that and allow according access. Unfortunately as a young sport only now are there people starting to come to power who mountain biked when younger and might start to help craft policy that is inclusive of all user groups.

There are so many baseball fields in parks, heck littered everywhere that just sit there. Sometimes I pass them and envision a bike park on each one instead. I bet kids would be more healthy and have more confidence if we made that change.
    I've read the articles from that, insanity! I spend a lot of my time at work looking on google maps for that perfect spot...

I agree, I don't understand how places like Valmont and Ruby Hill are OK to exist but if you talk about putting "features" on an actual trail people look at you like you have 3 heads. I'm planning on making a concentrated effort to be as vocal as possible in person this year any time there's a chance. I think there's a lot of potential in clear creek county if it's approached correctly by the right people.
    Denver, CO

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by B. Rock View Post
    I've been there a couple times and thought it was rather pleasant, outside of some of the incredibly barren/bleak reservation areas. It was on my radar as a possible move location. What am I missing?
    that this board is populated by colorado white upwardly mobile people who fear low incomes, the thought of getting robbed, bad schools for their children, or just being uncomfortable and out of their suburban safety net

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Sooner or later hopefully rogue trail crews will just start doing their own thing.
    I'm in.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by billybobzia View Post
    I hear you... Jeffco doesn't want change, but they will happily consider anyone for their maintenance needs with the carrot that you might be able to do something cool.. but then you won't do anything but build water bars/drains...
    And. while you are volunteering, the Jcos Park coordinator continually tells you that LongHorn is going to get rerouted just to be an asshole. Glad he was wrong, nice work on that one Giddyup team.

friend of Apex
    Have you gapped the retaining wall? So sik.

Moderator Moderator

Not all of the front range is Jeffco thank god...... Things are way better down here in CS, so many new bike friendly trail projects underway it's difficult to keep track. Some directional and with features, at the insistence of the land managers.

Human Crayon
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryman View Post
    Not all of the front range is Jeffco thank god...... Things are way better down here in CS, so many new bike friendly trail projects underway it's difficult to keep track. Some directional and with features, at the insistence of the land managers.
    Shhhhh. Let them think it's nothing but mega churches.

Sent from my 2PZC5 using Tapatalk
    ..:: sleestak ::..
    [SIZE] Matters [/SIZE]

Moderator Moderator
    I had a weak moment! Sorry.... Nothing but boring bike paths down here and strip malls. Carry on.