mtbr member

if i was to relocate

I'm from the east coast, visited boulder once and loved it. I am planning a trip out to Denver/Boulder area to check it out again. Where are the coolest spots for mtb, the cool bike shops, and the cool biker folks? Any recommendations?

screw road bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by fishercat
    I'm from the east coast, visited boulder once and loved it. I am planning a trip out to Denver/Boulder area to check it out again. Where are the coolest spots for mtb, the cool bike shops, and the cool biker folks? Any recommendations?
    Boulder is great for bike folks (It consists mostly of these outdoorsy types), great for bike shops too (the fix, cough), though there are better places to actually ride MTB...road riding is great there though, so if you swing that way....

If money, ability to get a job were not factors, I would totally go for Durango. Everyone there rides...I'm serious, EVERYONE...It's the first place I've been that I was hard pressed to find someone that didn't ride a bike. It's a sick, chill, laid back party town, and if you can, I highly recommend it.
    Oh yea, the riding there is world class...I kid you not, plus you're 20 minutes from Purgatory ski resort, what more could yo ask?
    Full Tilt Cyclery
    GT Bicycles
    Oakley
    Sram and Co.
    Fox
    Go Fast
    MAXXIS

I

mtbr member

Good luck...

I too am originally from the East, upstate New York...
    Lived and rode in Boulder for 10 years and then had enough of sharing the trails with far too many people.
    Life is better here in the Gem state where there is more wildlife using the trail than humans.

Cool bike spots, trails?, Winter Park, Durango, Western Slope, Crested Butte; ie most of the state outside Boulder.

Sports Garage was pretty decent when I was there but thought it may have changed hands and maybe The Fix on the Hill.

Cool bike folk? Try the IMBA office on Canyon west of downtown up towards Nederland.
    Everyone else just thinks they're cool.

Happy trails,

former resident of the People's Republic of Boulder

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by theforsakencheezit
    Boulder is great for bike folks (It consists mostly of these outdoorsy types), great for bike shops too (the fix, cough), though there are better places to actually ride MTB...road riding is great there though, so if you swing that way....

If money, ability to get a job were not factors, I would totally go for Durango. Everyone there rides...I'm serious, EVERYONE...It's the first place I've been that I was hard pressed to find someone that didn't ride a bike. It's a sick, chill, laid back party town, and if you can, I highly recommend it.
    Oh yea, the riding there is world class...I kid you not, plus you're 20 minutes from Purgatory ski resort, what more could yo ask?
    Durango sucks, I'ld stay focused on the front range if I were you.
    Craig, Durango CO
    "Lighten up PAL" ... King Cage