mtbr member
    May 2004

I hate to be that guy but...

I want to ride my mountain bike on January 1 as it seems a good way to ring in the new year, so how muddy is Green Mountain? I live on the east side so it looks free of snow from where I am, but am hoping somebody closer can let me know if it is worth the effort.
    Blogging about nothing since 2005
    http://devinrides.blogspot.com/

mtbr member

Gm

I rode DR/MW today and from the ridge the west side of GM looked completely dry
    was thinking of hitting New Years Day.
    Yield to downhill

mtbr member
    Green Mountain is basically dry now, same with Mathew Winters and Dakota Ridge. Couple of wet spots here and there but for the most part, they are both ridable.

Erik

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bedell99
    Green Mountain is basically dry now, same with Mathew Winters and Dakota Ridge. Couple of wet spots here and there but for the most part, they are both ridable.

Erik
    Mathew Winters is dry too? i just rode it a few days ago and it was a mud pit. That's awesome if its already dry though! It has been really warm lately

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by raceface9465
    Mathew Winters is dry too? i just rode it a few days ago and it was a mud pit. That's awesome if its already dry though! It has been really warm lately
    I rode Green Mountain. dakota Ridge and MW on Sunday and MW was a mud pit near the parking lot. After all this wind a warmth. It should be dry and ridable.

Do allthe people who ride the trails in the mud. Please go thru the mud not around it. DO NOT WIDEN THE TRAILS.

Erik

Antitheist & Kitten lover
    I resolve to loose grams from myself before I even look at a shiny TI spring.

Got single track/speed?
    Rode yesterday afternoon and last night. From the Alameda/Florida trailhead, both trails are almost completely dry to the top with a few puddles that should be almost gone in a day or 2.

The East side entrances had quite a few muddy & wet spots that were unrideable. PIck your spots carefully to avoid picking up 10 lbs of mud on your wheels/drivetrain.

-Chuck

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Yep, I rode Green Mountain yesterday afternoon and there was a little bit of mud out there but mostly dry. I am going to head out there again today since it looks like everything else out there is snow/mud packed.

-Ryan

Tribe member
    I just got back from doing Matthews/Winters and part of Dakota. Trails were excellent except for right before and most of the climb of Morrison Slide trail. Pretty slick and icy in a few spots. Also the mud right before the bridge on the way back to the parking lot is just about dry. Enjoy the beautiful day today and tomorrow!! Happy New Year!

- Jeremy

Moosehead
    go ahead and be that guy. great way to start the year. i flopped around in the snow yesterday on the mtbr in winter park just for the sheits and giggles. happy new year all.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    And I was that guy, a great way to start the year with a mountain bike ride. Trails were in great shape with the few random mud patches (and ice as I rode early) but overall it was great conditions.

After a shot or two of tequila last night getting in 2 hours of dirt riding was just what I needed.
    Blogging about nothing since 2005
    http://devinrides.blogspot.com/

hehe ...you said "member"
    GM was BUSY today ... and 95% dry. Being able to get out and ride on 1/1 in shorts is a beautiful thing.
    “Me fail english? Thats unpossible.” - Matt Groening

Members who have read this thread: 0