Results 1 to 24 of 24
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,450

    Horsetooth ride Saturday?

    Anyone interested in a ride at Horsetooth tomorrow? Pretty flexible on when...thinking 11. I'll check this thread tomorrow morning 9ish.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: LyNx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    23,495
    Damn, glad I saw this I can just make it 1 hour left but damn still have to fly to Miami and then Denver so, unfortunately I can't Will this be a snow bike ride or normal MTB? Have fun and post pics.

    Hope everyone on the FR had a great X-mas.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: steve47co1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    982

    Cannot go with you, but

    ....please report back on conditions.

    Thanks.
    The reason dogs have so many friends is that they wag their tail instead of their tongues.

  4. #4
    slow
    Reputation: sgltrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    5,619
    Can't get out until later. Have a good ride.

  5. #5
    Yann Ropars
    Reputation: quasimotogold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    84
    we rode coyote to Tower Road in HTMP this morning, then came back down Mill Creek before coming back by the valley... It was great! i guess we didn't have singletracks going up...
    From Greg: profile here: https://trail.motionbased.com/trail/...kValue=7333148

    going up tower road


    going down Mill Creek


    bottom of mill creek

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,450
    Got lazy and just did coyote/bluesky. Most of the trail was dry. Took some video (no audio)...you may want to click into youtube and select high quality.

    Fun w/ the stairs...
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6Pgj9AzavfE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6Pgj9AzavfE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/v6fS7OGvUZA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/v6fS7OGvUZA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-3YJUqqZFsM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true">

    Bluesky...
    </param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-3YJUqqZFsM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

    Rimrock...
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z7fQFpxu7uQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z7fQFpxu7uQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    944
    ft. collins folks,

    i am actually thinking of heading up your way tomorrow from Denver, but wondering a) will it be too muddy if we get up into the 50s tmrw? Whats the best combination to ride that is currently rideable? (how would I get there)

  8. #8
    Now with 10% more!
    Reputation: Da Dook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    407

    Nice riding

    Quote Originally Posted by cytoe
    Got lazy and just did coyote/bluesky. Most of the trail was dry. Took some video (no audio)...you may want to click into youtube and select high quality.

    Fun w/ the stairs...
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6Pgj9AzavfE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6Pgj9AzavfE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/v6fS7OGvUZA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/v6fS7OGvUZA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-3YJUqqZFsM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true">

    Bluesky...
    </param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-3YJUqqZFsM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

    Rimrock...
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z7fQFpxu7uQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z7fQFpxu7uQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

    You made all that look way easier than it is.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: LyNx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    23,495
    Hey Cytoe, looks like a great ride, where'd all the snow go? Thanks for posting up the vids, nice to see the steps done both ways, next time make it at least look a little challenging Inspires me to give them a try next time I make it up there
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??

  10. #10
    slow
    Reputation: sgltrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    5,619
    Quote Originally Posted by cytoe
    Got lazy and just did coyote/bluesky. Most of the trail was dry. Took some video (no audio)...you may want to click into youtube and select high quality.

    Fun w/ the stairs...
    Nice vid. You are a better man than I. Those stairs always bring out the wuss in me.

  11. #11
    slow
    Reputation: sgltrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    5,619
    Quote Originally Posted by Rontele
    ft. collins folks,

    i am actually thinking of heading up your way tomorrow from Denver, but wondering a) will it be too muddy if we get up into the 50s tmrw? Whats the best combination to ride that is currently rideable? (how would I get there)
    I rode most of the Foothills Trail today, along with the Reservoir Ridge loop at the north end. It was mostly dry. Couple of small areas of frozen mud that could be thawed tomorrow, but just be sure to ride straight through.

    Park at the park at the end of Horsetooth Road, or at the parking lot just south of the stadium and follow the signs. You could also park at the Michaud Lane or Reservoir Ridge trail head on the north end and ride south. Click link for map.

    Do it as an out and back with some variations that are easy to see, but not on the map.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    150

    Ginny?

    hi all,

    does anyone know the trail conditions for ginny?

    thanks,
    P"

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    944
    Quote Originally Posted by sgltrak
    I rode most of the Foothills Trail today, along with the Reservoir Ridge loop at the north end. It was mostly dry. Couple of small areas of frozen mud that could be thawed tomorrow, but just be sure to ride straight through.

    Park at the park at the end of Horsetooth Road, or at the parking lot just south of the stadium and follow the signs. You could also park at the Michaud Lane or Reservoir Ridge trail head on the north end and ride south. Click link for map.

    Do it as an out and back with some variations that are easy to see, but not on the map.

    Thanks! And you would do this route say over Blue Sky down to Coyote (I've done Blue Sky from the DBB direction)?

  14. #14
    slow
    Reputation: sgltrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    5,619
    Quote Originally Posted by Rontele
    Thanks! And you would do this route say over Blue Sky down to Coyote (I've done Blue Sky from the DBB direction)?
    I have not ridden Blue Sky in a couple of weeks, so could not say what today's conditions are like. In the above videos, Blue Sky and Coyote look OK, with some snow, but I didn't click on the hi-res versions to see if the brown parts were dry dirt or frozen mud. Have fun either way.

    What time are you riding, and what kind of bike? I'll keep an eye out for you.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    382
    I'll be up at either HTMP or foothills trail around noon - Yeti 575 with a green seat, flat pedals, and skate helmet. Rode too much on the dirt-jumper yesterday and my back and shoulders need the break . . .

    Probably be starting at the pineridge end of foothills.

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Kaba Klaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,673
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempest3070
    I'll be up at either HTMP or foothills trail around noon - Yeti 575 with a green seat, flat pedals, and skate helmet. Rode too much on the dirt-jumper yesterday and my back and shoulders need the break . . .

    Probably be starting at the pineridge end of foothills.
    Are there any DJ open in the Fort area? My shoulders and back could need the exercise...
    "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit." - And I agree.

  17. #17
    slow
    Reputation: sgltrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    5,619
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaba Klaus
    Are there any DJ open in the Fort area? My shoulders and back could need the exercise...
    Edora Park BMX track?

  18. #18
    single track ****
    Reputation: front range migz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    628

    It's good

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Winn
    hi all,

    does anyone know the trail conditions for ginny?

    thanks,
    P"

    It was in awesome shape yesterday morning w/ half the trail being dry(more than I expected), and the rest was hard-packed grippy snow, and hardly any ice. I'ld skip it if you're riding when it's above freezing, and hit the reservoir area trails instead, or go do Youngs Gulch as it holds the cold real well.

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    382
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaba Klaus
    Are there any DJ open in the Fort area? My shoulders and back could need the exercise...
    Urban rider here, mostly. Edora BMX and skate park are usually clear, though . . .

  20. #20
    hehe ...you said "member"
    Reputation: jake7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,121
    Quote Originally Posted by cytoe
    Got lazy and just did coyote/bluesky. Most of the trail was dry. Took some video (no audio)...you may want to click into youtube and select high quality.

    >

    Cytoe - cool vids. Like the second line on the steps better
    “Me fail english? Thats unpossible.” - Matt Groening

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    944
    Quote Originally Posted by sgltrak
    I have not ridden Blue Sky in a couple of weeks, so could not say what today's conditions are like. In the above videos, Blue Sky and Coyote look OK, with some snow, but I didn't click on the hi-res versions to see if the brown parts were dry dirt or frozen mud. Have fun either way.

    What time are you riding, and what kind of bike? I'll keep an eye out for you.

    Just got back. Was on my skidmark brown Walt Works. Thanks again for the good beta. Rode the Foothills Trail from the park off of Horsetooth Rd. Took some side loops and variations. Really nice and enjoyable!

    I'll be up there soon to explore Horsetooth and other environs...

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation: pulser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,826
    I did blue sky today. Its not too bad but the trail from the parking area is really wet.

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,450
    I think I found a better video sharing site...much clearer

    <object width="416" height="312"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.viddyou.com/get/v2_full/51563.swf" /><embed src="http://www.viddyou.com/get/v2_full/51563.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="416" height="312"></embed></object>

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation: LyNx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    23,495

    Good job!

    Definitely much better quality When did they put those "cheater" rocks in there on the stairs? Weren't there when I was Looks like they make it a bit easier than just the 2 up stacked stairs, lesser angle.

    Quote Originally Posted by cytoe
    I think I found a better video sharing site...much clearer

    <object width="416" height="312"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.viddyou.com/get/v2_full/51563.swf" /><embed src="http://www.viddyou.com/get/v2_full/51563.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="416" height="312"></embed></object>
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.