help me plan my trip to WP?- Mtbr.com
    I <3 bikes

help me plan my trip to WP?

Also posted in DH forum.
    This will be my first mtb trip outside of Texas. Looks like I'll be traveling solo as well. So far the plan is to fly into Denver from Houston; from there I need a little help.

Right now, I'm thinking that 3 days of riding will be more than enough for my first bike park experience. Looking at heading up on the 19th or 20th of September. Trestle 200 class for the first day (half day) then probably rent a park/FR bike for the rest of my stay.

About me: 32 yrs old. Been riding mtb for the last 4 years. Spent this last year riding a 6" AM bike and just recently started dirt jumping with that bike. Biggest jump so far was a 4 foot tall double that I only hit a few times. Def going to spend a fair amount of time increasing my jump skills/confidence before heading up to WP though.

questions:
    1) Other than renting a car, what are my transportation alternatives for getting from Denver to WP?

2) Any recos on where to stay? Doesn't have to be the Ritz. I would like it to be near the mountain I suppose. Restaurants and watering holes near crash pad would be a good thing.

3) Bring my own gear or rent? I have all but goggles, back and chest protection, though, I never wear my elbow guards (fox launch...i hate them).

Any other advice is welcome.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by svmike View Post
    Also posted in DH forum.
    This will be my first mtb trip outside of Texas. Looks like I'll be traveling solo as well. So far the plan is to fly into Denver from Houston; from there I need a little help.

Right now, I'm thinking that 3 days of riding will be more than enough for my first bike park experience. Looking at heading up on the 19th or 20th of September. Trestle 200 class for the first day (half day) then probably rent a park/FR bike for the rest of my stay.

About me: 32 yrs old. Been riding mtb for the last 4 years. Spent this last year riding a 6" AM bike and just recently started dirt jumping with that bike. Biggest jump so far was a 4 foot tall double that I only hit a few times. Def going to spend a fair amount of time increasing my jump skills/confidence before heading up to WP though.

questions:
    1) Other than renting a car, what are my transportation alternatives for getting from Denver to WP?

2) Any recos on where to stay? Doesn't have to be the Ritz. I would like it to be near the mountain I suppose. Restaurants and watering holes near crash pad would be a good thing.

3) Bring my own gear or rent? I have all but goggles, back and chest protection, though, I never wear my elbow guards (fox launch...i hate them).

Any other advice is welcome.
    Hey I am from Pearland and been up here for 5 years and one thing is to drink alot of water it is way dry up there.

? 1 Amtrak go's up to the town of Winter Park and you can get a cab not sure if the Hotels have a shuttle ...

? 2 All summer i stayed at the Vintage( very clean and the people there are awesome) at the resort best price in my eyes after staying there twice i even got Better deals ( 4 times total ) just call them up vs going online, The hotel has a great place to eat as well Five MTN tavern best burger i have had here in Colorado, Randi's in town and then Hernandos pizza, heard the Library( In town as well ) is a good place for beer i was told?

? 3 if you rent a bike they give you all the gear so no need to bring your own..

Let me know if i can be any more help !! Now you got me wanting to do one more weekend trip b4 they close for the summer..
    My new Quote is "don't let friends ride old bikes on DH Trails "