mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Hall Ranch Dec. 15/Found Piar of Glasses

Here are a few photos from my "ride" up Hall Ranch today. Started around 1:30 and finished around 4:30. Walked much of the way up (too much snow to get traction when the grade got past gentle uphill). A cold day outside. Found a pair of mtb glasses on the way up. Send me a PM describing what they look like and where you might have lost them and I'll send them to you ASAP.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Moosehead
    Nice effort Tline, ur one bad azz dood. Santa bringing me some studded tires, looking forward to giving it a go. How do the SPD's hold up? Easier to kick and clear, or would flats be the way to go in the snow? Thanks for the snow shots and any tips.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    From what I've heard, some people use warm hiking boots and flats in snow with very good results. This saves you the expense of buying winter mtb spd shoes/boots. Today I used a pair of regular Sidi mtb spd shoes, but added an old thick sock over the shoes (with cut-outs for the cleats), and put neoprene boot covers over the shoes and over-socks. I also stuffed chemical hand warmers between the over-socks and the shoes. My feet did not get cold at all today. I have a pair of Lake MXZ302 boots on order and will be giving those a go when they arrive. Keeping feet and hands warm seems to be the big challenge. It was beautiful up at Hall Ranch today with all the snow.
    Last edited by tundraline; 12-16-2008 at 09:09 AM.

Members who have read this thread: 0