Grand Junction 3/19- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 61 of 61
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: .thumper.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,404

    Grand Junction 3/19

    What do you do after a good day of riding the fine trails of GJ? Post pics of course.

    What - you weren't expecting that we'd be sitting around in a hotel room watching American Chopper, were you?

    I'd do a write up, but who reads those anyhow?

    Here's some pics:
    I wheelied the whole length of the new section of Holy Cross trail.


    Josh (s1ngletrack) was having steering issues and luckily this [email protected] rock stopped him from falling of a [email protected] cliff.


    A seagull's-eye view:


    This was a pretty sweet move: Josh is actually riding *up* the hill backwards in this picture... Rare picture of the elusive "reverse manual"
    Last edited by .thumper.; 03-19-2005 at 09:33 PM.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: .thumper.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,404

    More Pics...

    A drop near the trailhead for the Tabeguache (sp?) area.


    Josh on the same drop...


    Josh forgot to use his bicycle for this move...


    But nailed it this time...

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: .thumper.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,404

    Cool Sequence...

    Nose wheelie to drop.






    Josh rulez
    Last edited by .thumper.; 03-19-2005 at 09:42 PM.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: .thumper.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,404

    Hey - more pics here

    In a desparate attempt to draw more women to the Front Range forum, here's a shot for the ladies with some BIG WOOD.


    Lance Canfield stood back in awe and watched me huck off this monster as I showed him how it was done. Just kidding, I crashed and broke both of my legs right after this photo was taken.


    I told Josh that he needed to stiffen his spring after lunch but he wouldn't listen to me and just rode with it bottomed for the rest of the day...


    I'm not really sure exactly what's going on in this picture...

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: .thumper.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,404

    Internet forum image posting tip...

    It looks a lot cooler if you only post the shots in a sequence-shot that show the gap being cleared - don't show the frames where it shows the rider casing the gap...


  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: .thumper.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,404

    Internet forum image posting tip #2...

    Remember to trim your armpit hair before wearing a sleeveless jersey...




    Bow to my Photoshop skilzzzz!!!
    Last edited by .thumper.; 03-19-2005 at 09:31 PM.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: .thumper.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,404

  8. #8

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,724
    One more pic, Grandmaster Grant in action... handplant over the spine.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: sumguy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    286

    I wanna ride with you guys.

    You're funny and the guys in your pictures do cool sh!t with their bikes.
    Thanks for the poast.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: FrontRanger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,472
    Incredible pics man. I am gonna increase my insurance coverage and then ride with you guys again.

  11. #11

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,724

    A Post Whore's work is never done...

    Some highlights from today's ride - more pics tommorrow when I'm among the living again.

    1. Warming up for the day's festivities.

    2. The man, Joel (singletrack) - without whom I would've found myself brakeless and at the mercy of a guidebook.

    3. Grandmaster Grant, three minutes out of the car - really.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by s1ngletrack; 03-20-2005 at 11:02 PM.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: .thumper.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,404
    Quote Originally Posted by sumguy1
    You're funny and the guys in your pictures do cool sh!t with their bikes.
    Thanks for the poast.
    Anytime - keep your eyes open on this forum for group rides. The more the merrier IMO.

  13. #13

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,724
    1. Joel going for broke on a section that is way tougher than any picture can convey.


    2. Me on the upper portion of the same section.


    3. Mason (Mango) after trying a very steep, slick drop in - sorry Mason, I had to post the pic - the look on your face is priceless...
    Attached Images Attached Images

  14. #14

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,724
    1. Travis breaking in a sexy new Canfield F1

    2. Me, still trying to break a very vanilla AC1

    3. Grant, doing what he does when not busy break dancing.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by s1ngletrack; 03-21-2005 at 01:29 PM.

  15. #15

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,724
    1. Graeson, doing no braking whatsoever. (get it? breaking / braking? haha, damn I'm tired)

    2. Me dropping into a very strange section.

    3. If you need an explanation on this one - you, too, need to go to bed...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by s1ngletrack; 03-21-2005 at 09:18 AM.

  16. #16
    user-created
    Reputation: singletrack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    3,174
    Sweet. It was good riding with all yinz. It was pretty cool to actually meet IRL as well. It's a funny thing, this intra-web.

    I didn't take many pics, and only these two really turned out well:

    1. It was really, really foggy at the top.

    2. A fraction of second later than the other pic / with more scenery.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bikeCOLORADO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1,913
    .thumper. "This was a pretty sweet move: Josh is actually riding *up* the hill backwards in this picture... Rare picture of the elusive "reverse manual"

    I'm doubly super impressed with that skill shot. Manualling uphill riding backwards! Obviously there's no freehub on that rig. Sweet! A freeride fixie! I'm humbled...I'm not worthy (neither is my AC1)...

    Great shots all.
    GoatRidesBikes.com
    Goat Rides Bikes @ YouTube
    "I may be old and fat, but at least I'm slow." - Me

  18. #18

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,724
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeCOLORADO
    .thumper. "This was a pretty sweet move: Josh is actually riding *up* the hill backwards in this picture... Rare picture of the elusive "reverse manual"

    I'm doubly super impressed with that skill shot. Manualling uphill riding backwards! Obviously there's no freehub on that rig. Sweet! A freeride fixie! I'm humbled...I'm not worthy (neither is my AC1)...

    Great shots all.
    Ahhh...another rider familiar with the technical nuances of the "reverse manual". The thing not immediately obvious in the picture is the fact that my bike - being a fixie and all - requires that the rider actually unclip and kick his feet out to the sides of the spinning cranks once the move is initiated, riding and hopping whilst clenching the seat with his buttocks before re-engaging the pedals at the end - for the move to technically be considered a "manual".

  19. #19
    contains quinine
    Reputation: Debaser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,639
    Jeez... You guys sure know how to post some pics...

    So... Is there a recommended route over there on the 'watch? I've only been there twice, and sorta wandered around and rode bikes...
    Take the long cut, we'll get there eventually.

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: .thumper.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,404
    Quote Originally Posted by Debaser
    Jeez... You guys sure know how to post some pics...

    So... Is there a recommended route over there on the 'watch? I've only been there twice, and sorta wandered around and rode bikes...
    Yes, there are recommended routes out there, but we don't know them and were lucky enough for some local guides. That would be my recommendation. But to try to answer your question, we shuttled to the top of The Ribbon, then climbed out on a trail that no one seemed to know the name of to the road then to Eagle's Nest and the top of Eagle's Wing. That's where we ran into some rain and basically got down as fast as we could and were unable to really hit any more of the stunts or take pictures because everything became insta-goo.

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: .thumper.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,404
    Quote Originally Posted by s1ngletrack
    Me dropping into a very strange section
    I guess Josh thought that this never-before-ridden drop was too easy, so he decided to up the difficulty level a little, (but don't worry, he landed it).
    Attached Images Attached Images

  22. #22

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,724
    A few more

    1. Mason, dropping into the steep line mentioned above.

    2. Me - just added this shot cause I like the bush in the foreground.

    3. Me, Grant & Joel left to right, scoping out a jump (the big rock in the foreground)
    Attached Images Attached Images

  23. #23

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    186
    Great ride guys, a terrific day of ridding WELL worth getting up at 5am and driving 3.5hrs each way (actually 4.5hrs going back in the snow traffic).

    The fog at the top gave the ride a nice ominous feel, and the rain at the end made me feel like a true mountain biker flinging mud up my nostrils.

    It was great to ride with everyone we’ll have to go back soon.

    Special thanks to Joel for being a fantastic host and tour guide.

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation: .thumper.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,404
    This photo shows a little more just how difficult that section was.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation: .thumper.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,404
    Another angle of Travis hitting this drop...
    Attached Images Attached Images

  26. #26

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,724
    Quote Originally Posted by mango
    Great ride guys, a terrific day of ridding WELL worth getting up at 5am and driving 3.5hrs each way (actually 4.5hrs going back in the snow traffic).

    The fog at the top gave the ride a nice ominous feel, and the rain at the end made me feel like a true mountain biker flinging mud up my nostrils.

    It was great to ride with everyone we’ll have to go back soon.

    Special thanks to Joel for being a fantastic host and tour guide.
    Agreed - it was great to meet everyone in person. I think that yesterday marked the first time in my life that I have actually snorted a chunk of mud up through my nose and into the back of my throat while riding - it was a fairly awesome experience.

    I've gotta give that one p-word that I refuse to use (which is found in 86% of the posts in the DH forum) to both Joel (singletrack) and Bicycle Outifitters in GJ. I lost my rear brake Saturday while riding Holy Cross, one of my hydraulic lines had cracked and began leaking fluid all over. Needless to say, the rest of the ride wasn't as much fun as it could have been. Grant and I left the trailhead and headed to Bicycle Outfitters, hoping that I'd be able to get things fixed in time for the ride on Sunday. When we showed up, Joel dropped everything in order to get my bike fixed before the shop closed, even taking off to locate a needed part from another store in order to make things work. I was very impressed, having experienced the whole "we can have your bike done by next Wednesday" bit several times in the past. What could have been a really sh1tty situation turned out to be just a minor inconvenience, and for all of Joel's trouble, the pricing turned out to be more than fair. I would highly recommend Bicycle Outfitters to anyone hitting Fruita or GJ, and hope to be paying homage to Joel's mechanical prowess with 12s of PBR (hey, it's what he wanted ) for years (trips) to come.

  27. #27
    Xtremely Moderate
    Reputation: e<i>o's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    3,098
    Quote Originally Posted by singletrack
    Sweet. It was good riding with all yinz.
    Ha ha. "Yinz". You are a Pensyl-tuckian............ funny

    Nice shots BTW. Looked like lots of fun. Makes me miss the West even more.
    "Korash your enemiez, zee zem driven bevore you, and ear ze lamentation of za vemen"

  28. #28

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49
    Second that. It was cool meeting everyone IRL - a great group, a great ride, and a great day. We'll definitely do it again.

    .thumper. (?) - you've got to post the vid I took of everyone hitting that drop by the top, choo-choo style! Keep the pics coming everyone!

    Special thanks to everyone for showing me how slow I am. I now suck 27% less than when I started the day.

  29. #29
    DWF
    DWF is offline
    Non Dual Bliss
    Reputation: DWF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,240
    What a great set of pics! Looks like everybody had a great time but it's too bad you missed another great ride on Dakota Ridge going back and forth, back and forth, back and forth....don't take it too hard.
    A man must have enemies and places he is not welcome. In the end we are not only defined by our friends but those against us.

  30. #30
    Stand back
    Reputation: dbabuser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,205

    Dwf?

    Quote Originally Posted by .thumper.
    Yes, there are recommended routes out there, but we don't know them and were lucky enough for some local guides. That would be my recommendation. But to try to answer your question, we shuttled to the top of The Ribbon, then climbed out on a trail that no one seemed to know the name of to the road then to Eagle's Nest and the top of Eagle's Wing. That's where we ran into some rain and basically got down as fast as we could and were unable to really hit any more of the stunts or take pictures because everything became insta-goo.
    So it did rain? DWF = Don, Witchdoctor of the Frontrange? Nice to know that if we ever need rain, there's someonen nearby to axe.
    Sweet pics, I will have to make the next trip down.
    Golden Bike Park

    Golden Connector Trails need your support!

  31. #31

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,724
    Quote Originally Posted by DWF
    What a great set of pics! Looks like everybody had a great time but it's too bad you missed another great ride on Dakota Ridge going back and forth, back and forth, back and forth....don't take it too hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbabuser
    So it did rain? DWF = Don, Witchdoctor of the Frontrange?
    Strangely enough, Jerry, I suspect that something was going on over here in Roxborough. I told Grant yesterday that, if I could've been a fly on the wall in the Anvil HQ, I would fully expect to see our local MTB guru hard at work - not building frames, or other assorted cool stuff - but feverishly mashing 9 little "voodoo doll mountainbikers" into a 5 gallon bucket of mud (clay mud at that).

    Everything went great until we reached the top of Eagle's Wing. One minute we were standing there in 45 degree weather, with Grant's help, I was persuading my left lung back down my windpipe using a wrist sized stick. The next minute, the temp dropped like 15 degrees and it started raining sideways, the clouds were moving toward us so fast that everyone (except for Joel - who decided that it would be a good time to pee) just threw on their camelbacks and pinned it down the trail. I'm pretty certain that each and everyone of us was drenched within 10 minutes or so. Seeing how the trails consisted largely of clay, Joel advised us, upon exiting the first section of singletrack onto a jeep road, that we should follow the jeep road down - it was great, grape sized chunks of clay whizzing off of tires in every direction, the road steep, wet, strewn with rocks and slick as hell. The funny thing is - you can barely tell that we even got wet by looking at the post ride pic. That'll be the last time I rib Don about not getting to come on a ride.

  32. #32
    Motion activated
    Reputation: Steve71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3,235
    Damn! Wicked action & wicked shots! Obviously I'm going to need another bike.

    Loved that nose wheelie to drop sequence but I hate seeing posts of people showing off skills that I don’t have . The wall ride was a killer shot to.
    Happiness is a warm 2 stroke.

  33. #33
    Out Of Control
    Reputation: jrok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    244
    Sick pics fellas! Looks like I need an excuse to GJ.

  34. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation: .thumper.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,404
    Quote Originally Posted by kamikazeB
    Second that. It was cool meeting everyone IRL - a great group, a great ride, and a great day. We'll definitely do it again.

    .thumper. (?) - you've got to post the vid I took of everyone hitting that drop by the top, choo-choo style! Keep the pics coming everyone!

    Special thanks to everyone for showing me how slow I am. I now suck 27% less than when I started the day.
    Yeah - I've got the video, but am unable to get the video set up on my website right now. I will get it up and available when I get home tonight after running my errands. I've got to get all my stuff together tonight because I'm leaving for Vegas and Bootleg Canyon tomorrow afternoon.

  35. #35

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,724
    Quote Originally Posted by .thumper.
    Yeah - I've got the video, but am unable to get the video set up on my website right now. I will get it up and available when I get home tonight after running my errands. I've got to get all my stuff together tonight because I'm leaving for Vegas and Bootleg Canyon tomorrow afternoon.
    Here's the Cliff Notes version of the video

    Apologies to the two last riders (Scrubby and ?) I ran out of space.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  36. #36
    mtbr member
    Reputation: .thumper.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,404
    Quote Originally Posted by s1ngletrack
    Here's the Cliff Notes version of the video

    Apologies to the two last riders (Scrubby and ?) I ran out of space.
    That's strange. I remember being the group being a lot tighter together than that...


















  37. #37

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,724
    Quote Originally Posted by .thumper.
    That's strange. I remember being the group being a lot tighter together than that...

    I spaced everyone out a bit so that you can see who is who. Sweet avatar, that move was uh, what's the word I'm looking for? Oh yeah - Dude, your avatar is gnarcore!!!

  38. #38
    mtbr member
    Reputation: .thumper.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,404
    Quote Originally Posted by s1ngletrack
    Oh yeah - Dude, your avatar is gnarcore!!!
    My avatar owns your avatar.

  39. #39

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,724
    Quote Originally Posted by .thumper.
    My avatar owns your avatar.
    When are you gonna learn? You gotta have a number somewhere in there for it to be cool.

    Ex: My ava..... 0wns yours

    Or: Dude, that extra hot Taco Bell that I chased down with that cup of black Starbucks 0wn3d my G.I. tract so hard...

    Here's a reference for you, should you have questions in the future regarding proper usage:

    http://forums.mtbr.com/forumdisplay.php?f=47

  40. #40
    mtbr member
    Reputation: .thumper.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,404
    Quote Originally Posted by s1ngletrack
    When are you gonna learn? You gotta have a number somewhere in there for it to be cool.

    Ex: My ava..... 0wns yours

    Or: Dude, that extra hot Taco Bell that I chased down with that cup of black Starbucks 0wn3d my G.I. tract so hard...

    Here's a reference for you, should you have questions in the future regarding proper usage:

    http://forums.mtbr.com/forumdisplay.php?f=47
    I love how much research goes into each and every one of your posts. I wish I had that kind of time. I will try to take some time to improve my e-grammar from the groms in the downhill-freeride forum. Thanks for the pointers.

  41. #41

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,724
    Quote Originally Posted by .thumper.
    I love how much research goes into each and every one of your posts. I wish I had that kind of time. I will try to take some time to improve my e-grammar from the groms in the downhill-freeride forum. Thanks for the pointers.
    Alright, alright - I'll get back to work, enough with the guilt trip already. Besides, If you'd cut out some of your riding trips - like Bootleg Canyon tommorrow, you too would be able to waste your time reading the rantings of stoned 15 year olds. For example, I just learned that a Trek 820 will only handle an 8' drop to flat if the seat is fully slammed and the frame is sprayed pink.

  42. #42
    mtbr member
    Reputation: .thumper.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,404
    Quote Originally Posted by s1ngletrack
    Alright, alright - I'll get back to work, enough with the guilt trip already. Besides, If you'd cut out some of your riding trips - like Bootleg Canyon tommorrow, you too would be able to waste your time reading the rantings of stoned 15 year olds. For example, I just learned that a Trek 820 will only handle an 8' drop to flat if the seat is fully slammed and the frame is sprayed pink.
    Well, at least the information you get in the freeride-downhill forum is obviously useful!

  43. #43
    user-created
    Reputation: singletrack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    3,174
    Quote Originally Posted by mango
    Special thanks to Joel for being a fantastic host and tour guide.
    Are you kidding? I was still sleeping when you got here. Some host.

    Quote Originally Posted by doub1etrack
    Joel dropped everything in order to get my bike fixed before the shop closed, even taking off to locate a needed part from another store in order to make things work.
    You forgot about the homemade compression olives! But I didn't "drop" anything; you brought beer, the guy with the Intense didn't. I got my priorities straight.

    Besides, if we hadn't gotten that brake patched up, I woulda felt bad when you plunged off a cliff in the fog.
    The next minute, the temp dropped like 15 degrees and it started raining sideways, the clouds were moving toward us so fast that everyone (except for Joel - who decided that it would be a good time to pee) just threw on their camelbacks and pinned it down the trail.
    That's me, always pissin' in the wind.

    Hey thanks for repeatedly attempting my "hospital line" - it was good motivation. I haven't tried that since it kicked my ass almost 3 years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by eio
    You are a Pensyl-tuckian
    That's Pensyltuckian-American. They let us vote now. Still no booze on Sundays.

  44. #44

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,724
    Quote Originally Posted by singletrack
    Hey thanks for repeatedly attempting my "hospital line" - it was good motivation. I haven't tried that since it kicked my ass almost 3 years ago.
    I think we may be stopping off there on the way to Moab in 2 weeks for round 2 against the "Hospital Line" - good fun, or something like that

  45. #45

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,724
    Quote Originally Posted by singletrack
    Are you kidding? I was still sleeping when you got here. Some host.
    You gonna be up for playing tour guide again either Fri or Sunday, the weekend of April 1st?

  46. #46
    user-created
    Reputation: singletrack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    3,174
    Quote Originally Posted by s1ngletrack
    You gonna be up for playing tour guide again either Fri or Sunday, the weekend of April 1st?
    Sure. Sundays are usually better for me, then shop is closed then.

  47. #47

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,724
    Quote Originally Posted by singletrack
    Sure. Sundays are usually better for me, then shop is closed then.
    Cool - we'll plan for Sunday then , if 'n that'll werk fer ya.

  48. #48
    mtbr member
    Reputation: .thumper.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,404
    Quote Originally Posted by s1ngletrack
    Cool - we'll plan for Sunday then , if 'n that'll werk fer ya.
    Oooooh. I'm not going to be able to make it to Moab with Josh and Wes, but I think I could make that Sunday. Hospital line, look out: you're about to get owned.







    (I'm a dork)

  49. #49
    mtbr member
    Reputation: .thumper.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,404
    Quote Originally Posted by .thumper.
    Oooooh. I'm not going to be able to make it to Moab with Josh and Wes, but I think I could make that Sunday. Hospital line, look out: you're about to get owned.







    (I'm a dork)
    Or Big Marbles (if the FS opens it up by then)

  50. #50
    user-created
    Reputation: singletrack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    3,174
    Quote Originally Posted by .thumper.
    Or Big Marbles (if the FS opens it up by then)
    Not till May 1st. Stupid Elk. Why can't they just eat snow?

  51. #51
    contains quinine
    Reputation: Debaser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,639
    Hmm... I'll be out there that weekend too...
    Take the long cut, we'll get there eventually.

  52. #52

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,724
    Quote Originally Posted by singletrack
    Not till May 1st. Stupid Elk. Why can't they just eat snow?
    I'm perfectly okay with this - I've been telling Wes about Sunday's ride anyhow - that was a blast. I'll make a point of grabbing the PBR before we enter Utah, since we won't be back to CO before Sunday. Good fun...

    And Grant - It's 0wn3d, FFS - some people (or would it be "peeps"?) You think you'll be able to meet us Sunday the 3rd for round 2, Grant?

  53. #53
    mtbr member
    Reputation: .thumper.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,404
    Quote Originally Posted by s1ngletrack
    I'm perfectly okay with this - I've been telling Wes about Sunday's ride anyhow - that was a blast. I'll make a point of grabbing the PBR before we enter Utah, since we won't be back to CO before Sunday. Good fun...

    And Grant - It's 0wn3d, FFS - some people (or would it be "peeps"?) You think you'll be able to meet us Sunday the 3rd for round 2, Grant?
    y3ah - 1 c4n m33t y0u 0n th3 3rd f0r r0und tw0, 1 th1nk. 15 th4t b3tt3r?

  54. #54

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,724
    Quote Originally Posted by .thumper.
    y3ah - 1 c4n m33t y0u 0n th3 3rd f0r r0und tw0, 1 th1nk. 15 th4t b3tt3r?

    444hhhhh...y34h, fo shizzle ma grizzle.

    I can't wait.

  55. #55
    Perpetually single track
    Reputation: ibmkidIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    3,175
    Hmmmph. What I did instead....

    https://www.kirkmetz.com/gallery/eld.../sign_pano.jpg

    Neato pics. Really.

  56. #56

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,724
    Quote Originally Posted by ibmkidIII
    Hmmmph. What I did instead....

    https://www.kirkmetz.com/gallery/eld.../sign_pano.jpg

    Neato pics. Really.
    AAAAHHHHHH - my eyes!!!! It burns, IT BURNS, AAARRRRGGHHGHH


    As far as pics of the fluffy white stuff whose name I refuse to type go - that is pretty sweet. I'll have to admit, it almost makes me want to go up - almost

  57. #57
    user-created
    Reputation: singletrack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    3,174
    Quote Originally Posted by s1ngletrack
    I'll have to admit, it almost makes me want to go up - almost
    I love Eldora - in the summer.

  58. #58
    DWF
    DWF is offline
    Non Dual Bliss
    Reputation: DWF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,240
    Quote Originally Posted by ibmkidIII
    Hmmmph. What I did instead....

    https://www.kirkmetz.com/gallery/eld.../sign_pano.jpg

    Neato pics. Really.
    You stood under a lift and held a sign that said "danger"? Dunno Kirk, think I'd of gone to Fruita instead.
    A man must have enemies and places he is not welcome. In the end we are not only defined by our friends but those against us.

  59. #59
    Perpetually single track
    Reputation: ibmkidIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    3,175
    Who said I didn't go Fruita?

  60. #60

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    396

    Good job! sw33t ph0t0s

    u l33t hax0rs...

    mad and/or phat skillz...

  61. #61
    Sin
    Sin is offline

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    271
    sweet love

Similar Threads

  1. Fruita / GJ weekend 3/19, 3/20
    By .thumper. in forum Colorado - Front Range
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: 03-19-2005, 11:02 PM
  2. Pa.C.O. Mixed Loop 3/19 9am
    By crockett in forum Southeast/Midsouth - GA, TN, AL, FL, MS, LA, AR
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-14-2005, 03:44 PM
  3. 3/19 Bent Creek
    By carter1 in forum North & South Carolina
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-29-2004, 10:26 AM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.