Global Fat Bike Day is THIS SATURDAY- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Global Fat Bike Day is THIS SATURDAY

Global Fat Bike Day - What is it?

"December 1st has been declared – GLOBAL FAT-BIKE DAY! That means fat-bikers from all over the globe are invited to get out for a ride on their fat-bikes! Go for a solo cruise or make plans to gather your fat-bike tribe for a group ride! Don’t forget your camera, because part of the Global Fat-Bike Celebration will include sharing your experience, through photos and video, with the rest of the world!"

Here is Colorado? Yep. This Saturday. Check the details here: GLOBAL FAT BIKE DAY- FAT BIKE RIDE | Facebook

We'll be riding quite a bit of Chatfield Reservoir shoreline, which, I know for a fact, doesn't see bikes...very often or ever. It'll be a social ride that will include mud (or somewhat frozen mud depending on weather), deep sand, bog like grass, singletrack, pavement, a little shallow water, sunny skies, and fatbikes. You'll need a fatbike for this one.

The first group is leaving pedal of Littleton (pedalonline.com) at 11:00am. I'll be waiting at the intersection of Deer Creek Canyon and Wadsworth Road and we will depart there approximately 11:35. The ride from pedal will be 3:15 - 4ish hours and 2-3 hours from the intersection. Really depends on the social aspect of it.

The route will head down some singletrack into Chatfield Park. Then we'll head over to the beach, follow the beach for quite a bit until we get to the parking lot on the south side. Cross the road and head north along the east shore, passing the marina and then cutting off over to the Highline and out. At about 75% of the route, riders can ditch out and ride the road back.

Beer and pizza at the store after for riders and their friends.

Questions, just let me know. Should be fun so I wanted to let you all know. I'll be one of the people leading the ride, so shoot me any questions. ben at mountainbikeradio dot com

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    That sounds like a blast. Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it, had other more *important* obligations come up all day Saturday. I suppose I'll take my Pugsley for a pre-Global ride tomorrow.
    Off-topic: Where else do you ride that is more fat-specific, snow or not?
    Fixing bikes for a living in Montana

mtbr member
    memmot - there isn't a ton of classic "fat-specific" stuff. Have to get creative and use existing stuff. A lot of guys are just riding the "same old" on them, which makes them not so much "same old". Techy, chunky stuff is smoothed out pretty quickly, so hit up any trails you have that are pretty technical. When we do get any snow on the front range, golf courses are a good last-ditch, close-to-home option for just tooling around. Otherwise if you travel a little, there are options - reservoir ice, high country snowmobile trails, dunes, desert, xc trails (if you ask nicely...).

mtbr member
    May 2012
    ...and it is my birthday :-)
    2007 Specialized FSR Comp
    2010 Jamis Trail XC
    2012 Superlight 29

!Vamos, flaco!
    The real question is why has World AIDS Day overshadowed this.
    "Fact is only what you believe; fact and fiction work as a team." Jack Johnson

Goofing off?
    Im fat, so, does this make it MY day?

Stiff yet compliant
    Quote Originally Posted by Pabs View Post
    The real question is why has World AIDS Day overshadowed this.
    Well heck, no one is even talking about world self righteous day.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewelnak View Post
    memmot - there isn't a ton of classic "fat-specific" stuff. Have to get creative and use existing stuff. A lot of guys are just riding the "same old" on them, which makes them not so much "same old". Techy, chunky stuff is smoothed out pretty quickly, so hit up any trails you have that are pretty technical. When we do get any snow on the front range, golf courses are a good last-ditch, close-to-home option for just tooling around. Otherwise if you travel a little, there are options - reservoir ice, high country snowmobile trails, dunes, desert, xc trails (if you ask nicely...).
    That is what I'm learning, which is ok. Fatbikes are a lot of fun. Looks like I may have some snow covered forest service road cruising in my future.
    Fixing bikes for a living in Montana

mtbr member
    Global Fat Day is a different day Intenserider2!

TODAY! Just a last minute reminder - leaving pedal of Littleton at 11am. Leaving the intersection of Wadsworth and Deer Creek Roads at about 11:35 . Look for a big red 9:ZERO:7 - that's me, Ben.

mtbr member

Global Fatbike Day Pics

Anyone else get out yesterday on the fatties? Stupid fun.

A bunch more pics on pedal of Littleton's Facebook page

If anyone is interested in a weekly fatbike ride around Chatfield, we can probably make that happen soon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Global Fat Bike Day is THIS SATURDAY-1-2-main.jpg  

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    So this is kind of like Valentine's Day?

mtbr member
    Sure is. The day to show some extra love to your fatty....

Members who have read this thread: 0