Trail Sanitizer

Fruita - Oct 21-23?

I haven't ridden with any of you guys but I'd really like to make a trip out to Fruita in October. I've tried on three separate occassions to ride there but something has happened each time to prevent it. The first time it snowed. The second time it rained. The third time my buddy broke his arm in Moab before we could get to Fruita.

I am jonesing to get there and thought I would post up here to see if anyone else wants to go. I race Sport class if that gives you any idea of my fitness level (if that sort of thing matters).

MPLS transplant
    Apr 2005
    I'm probably gonna be going to either Fruita or Moab the weekend after that (Thur 27th-Sun 30th).

a dad
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldozer
    I haven't ridden with any of you guys but I'd really like to make a trip out to Fruita in October. I've tried on three separate occassions to ride there but something has happened each time to prevent it. The first time it snowed. The second time it rained. The third time my buddy broke his arm in Moab before we could get to Fruita.

I am jonesing to get there and thought I would post up here to see if anyone else wants to go. I race Sport class if that gives you any idea of my fitness level (if that sort of thing matters).
    i may be going that weekend, keep posting as it gets closer and maybe we could get a group together...if i go i will head down on friday morning.....
    BBZ

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy - Benjamin Franklin

Trail Sanitizer
    Quote Originally Posted by billybobzia
    i may be going that weekend, keep posting as it gets closer and maybe we could get a group together...if i go i will head down on friday morning.....
    I'll do that. Right now, it's just me.

Tribe Member
    That is the weekend of Veloswap.....nobody will be there that weekend....that is both good and bad I gues..

I am thinking that the soonest I can get over is the first week of November...maybe a SS weekend, but really have no idea about the weather

Rich
    Proud Tribe member since 1992 - looking for better singletrack to be ridden year round

a dad
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by yetirich
    That is the weekend of Veloswap.....nobody will be there that weekend....that is both good and bad I gues..

I am thinking that the soonest I can get over is the first week of November...maybe a SS weekend, but really have no idea about the weather

Rich
    i have been there the first weekend of november the last 3 years and the weather is perfect (unless a storm comes)....i think last year it had to be close to 70 and sunny, just a bit chilly at night...

that other weekend sounds great with the "conflict" with veloswap, i hope i can make it.
    BBZ

Trail Sanitizer
    10/21 - 10/23 is just about the only weekend I can make it without going into mid-November when the weather becomes more questionable. With that being VeloSwap weekend it certainly precludes several hundred front rangers from being on the trails. Could be the perfect time to go.

Trail Sanitizer
    I'm still willing to make this trip. Anyone else planning on heading out on this weekend?

Team Blindspot
    I'm still willing to make this trip. Anyone else planning on heading out on this weekend?
    I may be there for the 22nd, 23rd. My daughter has a gymnastic meet the eve of the 22nd. I'm trying to work my schedule to get out there for an early afternoon ride and Sat. and a Sun AM ride before returning to Longmont in the afternoon.
    Astigmatic Visionary

a dad
    Jan 2004
    we have a small group going unless the weather sucks...our plan is to leave friday morning (8 ish), hit 18 road for an afternoon ride, camp there...drink plenty of beer friday night, ride mary's area saturday, probably, mary's, horsethief, part of steves to mack...camp, drink...sunday, ribbon shuttle, but don't be fooled we pedal a lot...ribbon, eagles wing/tail over to holy cross, back up to hit some other stuff i can't name...
    BBZ

Trail Sanitizer
    we have a small group going unless the weather sucks...our plan is to leave friday morning (8 ish), hit 18 road for an afternoon ride, camp there...drink plenty of beer friday night, ride mary's area saturday, probably, mary's, horsethief, part of steves to mack...camp, drink...sunday, ribbon shuttle, but don't be fooled we pedal a lot...ribbon, eagles wing/tail over to holy cross, back up to hit some other stuff i can't name...
    Would you mind having a complete stranger along for the ride? I'm not a jackass, I swear.

I would probably be leaving Friday afternoon and would try to hook up with you guys and camp out with you if you didn't mind.

being is

Me too

Would you mind having a complete stranger along for the ride? I'm not a jackass, I swear.

I would probably be leaving Friday afternoon and would try to hook up with you guys and camp out with you if you didn't mind.
    I'm not a jackass either. I'd be interested in helping out w/ trip expenses. Like the idea of doing the full 3 day tour: 18rd, mack/loma, GJ. That itinerary is great. There should be plenty of camping space this time of year, no? I'm not slow.

If there's insufficient room in the first caravan I could go w/ Bulldozer. 18 road is the least of the three areas anyway.

Of course, everything depends on the weather...

a dad
    Jan 2004
    i have no problems with complete strangers joining our group, in fact the more the merrier in my opinion....we are not a slow group, nor are we a fast group...we do like to stop and work through technicals sections for awhile at times...our caravan will probably leave friday am and feel free to join, but we have 3 in a subaru so we don't have any extra space for people or stuff...

hope the weather agrees!!
    BBZ

a dad
    Jan 2004
    oh yeah...if you are jackasses, we will be bring the tar and feathers for you to ride in!!
    BBZ

user-created
    but we have 3 in a subaru so we don't have any extra space for people or stuff...
    Whatever, dude...

I have friday the 21st off to do some peddlin'.
    Attached Images Attached Images

a dad
    Jan 2004
    yeah but mine is one of those crappy newer subaru's meant for the city!!

lets pedal on friday afternoon, we hope to be rollin into town by noon-ish....
    BBZ

Trail Sanitizer
    i have no problems with complete strangers joining our group, in fact the more the merrier in my opinion....we are not a slow group, nor are we a fast group...we do like to stop and work through technicals sections for awhile at times...our caravan will probably leave friday am and feel free to join, but we have 3 in a subaru so we don't have any extra space for people or stuff...

hope the weather agrees!!
    I'll be rolling into town later in the evening. What would be the best way to hook up once I get to town? Is cell phone coverage good enough to try and call you?

a dad
    Jan 2004
    I'll be rolling into town later in the evening. What would be the best way to hook up once I get to town? Is cell phone coverage good enough to try and call you?
    yeah cell coverage is usually great at 18 road...lets get in touch next week and discuss details, i will be out of town until monday...
    BBZ

daydream believer
    Quote Originally Posted by mcarples
    I'm probably gonna be going to either Fruita or Moab the weekend after that (Thur 27th-Sun 30th).
    halloween fest in moab?

MK_
    carpe maņana
    Hey, I definatelly want to join in. I can't leave Boulder until Friday afternoon, the closer to 5pm the better from perspective of the fury of my boss. Would love to hook up with the big group, billybobzia, and carpool with whomever will be leaving around that same time. PM me if you wanna car pool and lets exchange phone numbers. I am not too fast and not too slow of a rider as well and cherish the technical problems.

_MK
    (Michael, pronounced Mehau)

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by a*holes

a dad
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by MK_
    Hey, I definatelly want to join in. I can't leave Boulder until Friday afternoon, the closer to 5pm the better from perspective of the fury of my boss. Would love to hook up with the big group, billybobzia, and carpool with whomever will be leaving around that same time. PM me if you wanna car pool and lets exchange phone numbers. I am not too fast and not too slow of a rider as well and cherish the technical problems.

_MK
    (Michael, pronounced Mehau)
    feel free to join our group, but we are planning on leaving early friday morning to get an afternoon ride, PM me your phone and i will send mine...check with some of the others on this thread you might be able to get a carpool.....so who else would like to join?? weather is looking perfect...
    BBZ

Trail Sanitizer
    Billbobzia - I'm still in (assuming it doesn't snow). My plan is to drive out Friday after work and find you guys where you are camping. Pitching a tent in the dark is nothing new. I sent a PM to MK_ so maybe I'll be traveling with him.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

help me decide.....

i was thinking of going to velo swap for the first time but i really dont need anything and if i go ill probably come back with a bunch of stuff i really didnt need. unless you think its worth the trip to browse.

on the other hand, i really really wanna do a TDY ride since all ive ever done this year (an the last 10 years) is ride my new bike only in the Springs (56 Nitrous 11 rides and counting).....

i would love to hit Fruita with people who know the trails, but i cant leave till friday after work. so id meet up with you sat am somewhere. would one day riding there with you be enough or are you riding sunday too adn leaveing later in the day to come back?

im leaning toward meetin you sat am, so whatcha think?

can someone "in charge" PM me wiht sat am meeting details and your number? (i dont have a cell phone) but im great with maps and directions

thanks
    mike

Trail Sanitizer
    Billybobzia - post up the details of where you're camping here or send me a PM. Phone numbers would be good too so maybe an email or PM would work best.

pzncrrts at cyclones dot com

Trail Sanitizer
    I just saw that Over the Edge is opening a new shop in GJ. Maybe we should check that out on Saturday (time-permitting).

Trail Sanitizer
    I have the details of the trip now if anyone is thinking about joining us. Send me a PM or email before 3pm today and I can give them to you.

Members who have read this thread: 0