mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Friday ride, dry, warm...warm for December

I ride what I can these days. Some of you like hammering on deep snow (I used to), me...now I look for something "dry" to ride on during the winter. I grab it when I can 'cause tomorrow might be a whole lot different. In fact, Saturday IS gonna be a whole lot different and these days you'd never catch me out riding in 13 degree temps. FYI, Zorro was snow covered and tomorrow it'll be really cold, so for those of you who like that...have fun.

Remember, I'm the one who has extolled the virtues of attempting the Wall of Shame during a packed down snow trail condition. I did that years ago and I made it to within 5' of the top waterbar, from the parking lot. But that was then, now it's your time to try that.
    Last edited by xcguy; 06-20-2012 at 05:02 AM.
    Who's in charge, the thinker or the thought?

hehe ...you said "member"
    Nice. #4 - spillway at BC Lake park / Fox Hollow?
    Me fail english? Thats unpossible. - Matt Groening

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jake7
    Nice. #4 - spillway at BC Lake park / Fox Hollow?
    Right you are. If a rider parks in Morrison, rides the bike path up to the Rooney parking lot for Green Mountain, goes back down and does Bear Creek Lake Park you can put in quite a few miles of traffic-less "road" riding. A hawk cruised past me flying really low and slow, could almost see the color of his eyes. I even saw a robin. How in heck did it survive -16 degree temps last week? For a second I thought it was the first robin of spring. Hah!
    Who's in charge, the thinker or the thought?

Members who have read this thread: 0