I think I can.

Friday 09/02 Ride

Looking for a good ride, thinking about Mt. Herman around Limbaugh and back down or up to Jones Park and around, can start as early as 1pm, anybody up for an afternoon ride?

Dam,
    Bikes are FUN

Hairshirt Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by JOEMTBR COLORADO
    Looking for a good ride, thinking about Mt. Herman around Limbaugh and back down or up to Jones Park and around, can start as early as 1pm, anybody up for an afternoon ride?
    Do you know about private property closure and reroute on Limbaugh? If not, check in with Balanced Rock before you head up.

I think I can.

Did they change it again

Quote Originally Posted by Loudpawlz
    Do you know about private property closure and reroute on Limbaugh? If not, check in with Balanced Rock before you head up.
    Or is it still the same having to drop down into the housing track and then back up the loop to join the trail again.

Dam,
    Bikes are FUN

mtbr member
    dude i love Mt. herman...there are so many trail to ride and there is never anyone up there. I like taking the jeep road up and hitting the trails to palmer lake ....and the lower trails are a blast too....prolly my favorite front range areas.

Hairshirt Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by JOEMTBR COLORADO
    Or is it still the same having to drop down into the housing track and then back up the loop to join the trail again.
    I believe this is different.

(Disclaimer) My information is second hand through an email I received from the trail advocacy group up in Monument. Check with Balanced Rock for the current situation.

My understanding of the situation is that the trail is CLOSED through private property below the Palmer Lake overlook while the property owner, a third party and the Forest Service work out a deal to transfer the land. Not talking about the compound that was built last year and fenced off, but rather the large chunk of land above that and to the South.

To legally ride the trail you have to exit to Balanced Rock road. This is the side trail coming in from the riders left about 2/3 the way down before the canyon narrows up. Meaning, if you make it down the private property signs you have to go back up a ways to exit the trail.