banned

Flatlander in Paradise

I just got back to DC from a family trip to y'all's neck of the woods, where the one and only Jugdish graciously showed me around a little. Thanks again JD, for dragging my gasping gut around that one trail near where you were staying and following it up with a tour de Hall Ranch. My lungs may beg to differ, but I had an awesome time!

Ignazjr, I should have taken you up on your offer! Turns out the shop screwed up the housing length (probably) on the der. cable they installed right before I brought my bike out, converting the Stumpjumper into a de facto hardtail (and semi-SS) by forcing me to lock out the rear suspension and shift veeeeery cautiously to avoid chain slippage/cog exlosions. D'oh!

Folks, most of you probably know this far better than I, but you've got a couple of bona fide Class Acts floating around out there in the persons of Jugdish and Ignazjr! JD, a madman with a collection of 2:1 SSers (Mad! Mad, I tell you!) was a most gracious and patient guide. Ignazjr, who's never met me, has no idea what kind of person I am, offered me the use of one of his shop Turners, sight unseen. Even though I ended up bringing my own ride out (to my regret ), that's a gesture I won't soon forget. I'm sorry I didn't make it to the shop, Dave - Sunday was pretty hectic, but Redstone Cyclery will definitely be stop #1 next time I'm in the area!

OK, on to the pics.

JD got the goods on me at HR:

Then showed me how it's done:

"You talkin' to me?"

Here's me talking smack with Spawn of JD after the Sunday ride:

Cheers, All!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Drewdane; 07-02-2007 at 06:06 AM.

Thread Terrorist
    Glad you had a good time! Thanks for sharing the experience!

mtbr member

Good job!

How'd I miss this?! It was a good time, we'll definately have to do it again when you come back!

Drew was the recipient of the "No Matter How Much Grief My Bike Gives Me I Won't Complain" award. That's all I ask of a riding partner, no complaints! One hell of a BBQ chicken man as well.

Damn that kid is cute, must look like his Mother.
    Gone are the days we stopped to decide,
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

Members who have read this thread: 0