Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Funrover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,832

    Fantastic amusing trail (FAT RIDE)

    It's Tuesday! That means time to hit a trail after work for some headlight fun! Headed out to Green Mountain tonight. I was actually able to get part of the ride in with sunlight! This was also my first night summit of GM. Only ridden to the top in daylight. Was a great view from the top. Also the first time to do the complete summit loop. Man what a great ride. I just kept riding and didn't get many pics but I was impressed on the amount of other night riders on the trails tonight, however by the time I made it back to my car there were only 1 or 2 left. Hope others were able to enjoy that day!





    From the top







  2. #2
    Rides Uphill Slow
    Reputation: The Hookler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    486
    Never a shortage of stoke from your posts. Thanks!
    I'm here for the downhill

  3. #3
    My cup runneth over
    Reputation: rmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,341
    We probably rode past each other - ironically I was on my Fatback...

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: maddslacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    528
    Quote Originally Posted by rmac View Post
    We probably rode past each other - ironically I was on my Fatback...
    Fatback riders UNITE!

    I love that skyline view after slogging up that climb.

  5. #5
    lucky enough
    Reputation: cocavaak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    855
    looks almost magical
    "Don't take life so serious, son . . . it ain't no how permanent." - Porky Pine

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    166
    Nice...! Ive yet to do that ride night.

  7. #7
    old skool newbie
    Reputation: goldenboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    820
    that's a great ride in the dark. Thanks to Lakewood Parks for keeping it open later.

    The spot in that first shot with the rider along the fence always gets me. There is something in my head about that little hill that defeats my brain.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: maddslacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    528
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    The spot in that first shot with the rider along the fence always gets me. There is something in my head about that little hill that defeats my brain.
    Do you mean the switchback one, not too far from the parking lot?

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Funrover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,832
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hookler View Post
    Never a shortage of stoke from your posts. Thanks!

    Thanks for the compliment!

    Quote Originally Posted by rmac View Post
    We probably rode past each other - ironically I was on my Fatback...
    I think you went by me on summit loop, was it red?

    Quote Originally Posted by maddslacker View Post
    Fatback riders UNITE!

    I love that skyline view after slogging up that climb.
    It is beautiful!

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Funrover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,832
    Quote Originally Posted by cocavaak View Post
    looks almost magical
    Almost!!

    Quote Originally Posted by FlakoGT View Post
    Nice...! Ive yet to do that ride night.
    Do it, it's awesome!

    Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    that's a great ride in the dark. Thanks to Lakewood Parks for keeping it open later.

    The spot in that first shot with the rider along the fence always gets me. There is something in my head about that little hill that defeats my brain.
    I hear ya, that stupid hill is killer, but I always start there. That coud be part of it.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: maddslacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    528
    Funrover,

    When are you heading up again? I was thinking about hitting it in the snow tomorrow night after work.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Funrover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,832
    Quote Originally Posted by maddslacker View Post
    Funrover,

    When are you heading up again? I was thinking about hitting it in the snow tomorrow night after work.
    I can't do Thurs rides. Other obligations on that night. Maybe Friday.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: maddslacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    528
    Quote Originally Posted by Funrover View Post
    I can't do Thurs rides. Other obligations on that night. Maybe Friday.
    I'm on call for work Friday .. Sunday? (after 6pm, when my on call ends)

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Scotty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    45
    I was out there last night as well on my Lefty. In AZ I rode in the dark every day with my light setup. Haven't done it once since I have lived here- thanks for the motivation!

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Funrover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,832
    Quote Originally Posted by maddslacker View Post
    I'm on call for work Friday .. Sunday? (after 6pm, when my on call ends)
    No can do Sunday.... May not happen this week!

    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    I was out there last night as well on my Lefty. In AZ I rode in the dark every day with my light setup. Haven't done it once since I have lived here- thanks for the motivation!
    Glad you got out! I did see a lot of lights last night.

  16. #16
    old skool newbie
    Reputation: goldenboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    820
    Quote Originally Posted by maddslacker View Post
    Do you mean the switchback one, not too far from the parking lot?
    It's on south side of park, near the soulterror neighborhood. That section is only about a forty foot elevation gain but it triggers some mental block from many years ago when GM was a regular ride for me. I also have the persistant memory that GM is nothing but baby head size river rocks.

  17. #17
    The 5th knuckle
    Reputation: jaycastlerock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,610
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    I also have the persistent memory that GM is nothing but baby head size river rocks.
    Its not?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hernando Gutierrez
    The only thing you have to figure out is don't fall down. To keep riding the bike.

Similar Threads

  1. Fantastic Trail Building at Mt. St. Marie (Ottawa area)
    By nth_dimension in forum Eastern Canada
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-16-2014, 08:25 AM
  2. Local trail at dusk, fantastic riding
    By lotusdriver in forum Riding Passion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-07-2013, 02:40 AM
  3. Fantastic weather for a great ride!
    By Funrover in forum Colorado - Front Range
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-06-2013, 08:42 PM
  4. Fantastic ride
    By Ubl2002 in forum Beginner's Corner
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-05-2011, 01:51 PM
  5. Fantastic ride
    By xdeity in forum Beginner's Corner
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-08-2011, 07:53 AM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.