Thread Terrorist

Even more bikes stolen in Golden

Heads up everyone, thieves are casing neighborhoods for open garages and taking only bikes.

We had several bikes stolen from open garages last night in our neighborhood. I don't know the details, but there was a giant trance, kona kids bike, and another Giant. Still getting details. Cops are saying to call in any suspicious cars in the golden area. The only clue we had was a silver car with bike racks. The mountain ridge neighborhood was targets last night.

I keep my garage down as much as possible, but I wouldn't put it past them to break in.

Ie
    Golden Bike Park Group

Peak Cycles Gravity Team & Bikeparts.com
    Trestle Bike Park

Loser
    Mar 2008
    I vote that we set a trap and catch the crooks in the act.

mtbr member
    I will keep an eye out, thanks for the heads up, friends in that area will be warned.

Now with 20% more fat!!
    Thanks IE for the heads up! I'm with MCS5280. Wonder if we could get some police support in a sting to catch some mountain bike thieves? If not, I'm willing to go vigilante and jump some people on my property. Guess I better start storing valuables in my garage - purchase a taser - leave the garage door open - and wait... Does this qualify for "make my day" laws?

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    A few years ago us contractors were getting hit by thieves again and again. Tough to guard an open jobsite/house under construction all night. So one contractor's plumber said "I'll take care of it". He camped out at the house, pistol ready. The would-be thief broke in again, the plumber stealthily walked up and put the pistol to the guy's head and said "game's up". He marched the thief over to a neighbor's house in the middle of the night, knocked on the door, startled homeowner opens up the door and sees a guy holding a gun to somebody else's head and asking for the homeowner to call the cops.

The cops arrested the plumber. Don't know what happened to the would-be thief. Probably let off from "lack of proof" or something.
    Who's in charge, the thinker or the thought?

zrm
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by xcguy View Post
    A few years ago us contractors were getting hit by thieves again and again. Tough to guard an open jobsite/house under construction all night. So one contractor's plumber said "I'll take care of it". He camped out at the house, pistol ready. The would-be thief broke in again, the plumber stealthily walked up and put the pistol to the guy's head and said "game's up". He marched the thief over to a neighbor's house in the middle of the night, knocked on the door, startled homeowner opens up the door and sees a guy holding a gun to somebody else's head and asking for the homeowner to call the cops.

The cops arrested the plumber. Don't know what happened to the would-be thief. Probably let off from "lack of proof" or something.
    Guy would have been better off calling the cops while letting the thief do his thing and let the cops catch him in the act. Maybe stop him if he tried to leave before the cops got there, but better off letting the cops bust him if possible.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by zrm View Post
    Guy would have been better off calling the cops while letting the thief do his thing and let the cops catch him in the act. Maybe stop him if he tried to leave before the cops got there, but better off letting the cops bust him if possible.
    Very true. I used to take pics of guys stealing lumber from other jobsites but nothing ever came of it. We only had one cop patrolling the entire city of Westminster at night and he was always on the other side of town. It never worked to call dispatch and have the cop come upon the perp in theft mode. Another contractor actually followed a thief till the thief pulled over and stepped out his car yelling "what you gonna do"? We all agreed it was just lumber. Let the cops do their cop thing, not us. Or hire a sniper!

Thread Terrorist
    I should also mention that one of our own here in mtbr is now a golden cop, and lives in my hood. He's looking into anything and will do extra to catch these guys.
    Golden Bike Park Group

Trestle Bike Park

Living the High Life
    Get some trail cameras that hunters use. Put one on a mailbox or tree near the street. Sure it will take pictures of any car going by at night; but if you have the suspect car description you might be able to get a plate number. Then have the cops run the plates.

All of this makes me glad I have a behind the house garage and my bikes are locked up inside the garage on top of that. In the winter I just put them in the basement. My friend lives in Wash Park and all of his bikes are in his house.

I had another friend who lived near DU store his bikes at my place for a while. During that time his garage was broken into. He got lucky there. After that he kept the bikes in his house.
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

a dad
    Jan 2004
    its all a little crazy how many bikes are getting stolen.. I think I will add some reinforcement to my situation..
    BBZ

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy - Benjamin Franklin

mtbr member
    Woulda been better off just shooting him on the spot.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    What pisses me off is that someone is BUYING these bikes.

The market for high end bikes really isn't that big. With the number of bikes being stolen, we must be passing stolen rigs on the trail A LOT.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Three words: Junk Yard Dog

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by hitek79 View Post
    Hell, put him on a bike and then run him over. Claim sleep apnea if questioned.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JSD303 View Post
    Thanks IE for the heads up! I'm with MCS5280. Wonder if we could get some police support in a sting to catch some mountain bike thieves? If not, I'm willing to go vigilante and jump some people on my property. Guess I better start storing valuables in my garage - purchase a taser - leave the garage door open - and wait... Does this qualify for "make my day" laws?
    Nutz to a taser, I think I'll just get a sniper and setup on the 2nd floor guest bedroom with my garage door wide open with a few nice shiny bikes blinging away. Here fishy fishy...

mtbr member
    maybe place a bear trap on the floor...
    Keep The Rubber Side Down

mtbr member
    Colorado Springs, too. Looks like someone broke the front window of the Hub bike shop and swiped a Salsa Mamaisita yesterday. Slimy bastards.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by honkinunit View Post
    What pisses me off is that someone is BUYING these bikes.

The market for high end bikes really isn't that big. With the number of bikes being stolen, we must be passing stolen rigs on the trail A LOT.

It is a major shame. as we all know bikes aint cheep. My guess, bikes get parted out and sold through fleabay

mtbr member
    my bikes are stored indoors. Last fall a guy came up to my front door and opened it! I was happened to be in the living room cleaning my shotgun. So I just walked up to him, not w/ the gun, and he actually wanted to ask me about my bikes! LIke how he thought they looked really cool and stuff. There is no doubt that he was casing my house, but perhaps my shot gun will make him think twich. Or hell just take that too!

formerly shabadu
    Nov 2006
    Apparently there is an orange ASR5 on Denver Craigslist right now, and the seller does not seem to know anything about it.

Thread Terrorist
    Guys. Keep an eye out for a small silver car with racks on the back ( like the t2's ). I want to say a Nissan sentra or Hyundai something. Just a hunch. Saw one cruising northern neighborhoods of golden the other day. Could be nothing.
    Golden Bike Park Group

Trestle Bike Park

mtbr member
    Wow my hometown sure has degraded l!!!! I used to leave 1000 $ BMX race bikes outside in the backyard, not even locked, in the early 80's.Guess the theifs know were the money has migrated to, go get um Derek!!!!!!! :O(
    My bike takes me places school never could!

zrm
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    You do that and see what happens.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    There was a shop owner in (New York?) who got broken into repeatedly through a skylight of some sort. Finally he wired up a shocking device (off full household current) that would go off as soon as the repeat offender broke in yet again.

Sure enough, the thief-who-just-couldn't-stay-away broke in again, got shocked nearly to death. Police arrested the shop owner for attempted murder. They said the force used to deter the would-be thief was not commensurate with the crime itself.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by flowtron View Post
    Apparently there is an orange ASR5 on Denver Craigslist right now, and the seller does not seem to know anything about it.
    Yeti doesn't make an Orange 5, it's Cayenne damnit! Crap, I better go check my garage.....

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    My bikes stay locked inside in the kitchen and bedroom. Proudly protected by a 45 caliber Glock.
    Free Wheel Coffee...A Coffee of Free Will
    www.Freewheelcoffee.com

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    We all would like instant payback if a thief enters our property. I Youtubed "payback" and not only did I get James Brown again, but this vid. It starts out pretty brutal, I'm yelling at my monitor "everybody rush this punk" but no. Watch how it ends:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/de0IV9bOKNE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

mtbr member
    We all would like instant payback if a thief enters our property. I Youtubed "payback" and not only did I get James Brown again, but this vid. It starts out pretty brutal, I'm yelling at my monitor "everybody rush this punk" but no. Watch how it ends:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/de0IV9bOKNE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

mtbr member
    Colorado has a "Make My Day" law.

Sheriff's Office - Colorado Revised Statutes - Jefferson County, Colorado

My leg feels funny
    There was a shop owner in (New York?) who got broken into repeatedly through a skylight of some sort. Finally he wired up a shocking device (off full household current) that would go off as soon as the repeat offender broke in yet again.

Sure enough, the thief-who-just-couldn't-stay-away broke in again, got shocked nearly to death. Police arrested the shop owner for attempted murder. They said the force used to deter the would-be thief was not commensurate with the crime itself.
    Setting traps can get you in some pretty serious trouble. You really don't have control of who gets caught in them and there are valid reasons why a cop/firefighter would want to enter your property.

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Golden = New Denver Ghetto?

I knew it would go to hell in a handbasket when WKD-RDR moved in.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

You don't have to go to New York for an example.

In 1990 a guy in Denver had a warehouse that was being broken into repeatedly. He set up a shotgun on a tripwire...and it worked.

Denver Citizens Support Man In Booby Trap Killing - Chicago Tribune

He plea bargained and never went to jail.

Eugene Register-Guard - Google News Archive Search

Why do I get the feeling that I am a lot older than everyone else on this forum?

mtbr member
    So much for all that empty vigilante justice talk, isn't that right, tough guys?

Keep those two wheeled rolling machines locked in the house.

t.i.t.s.ceo/FR amoeba rep
    Quote Originally Posted by rogbie View Post
    So much for all that empty vigilante justice talk, isn't that right, tough guys?

Keep those two wheeled rolling machines locked in the house.
    What is your point? Are you saying if you came up on someone stealing your $hit you would just call the police- im guessing you would kick the $hit out of him- but wait as you once pm'd me "that is tough high school talk" !! not sure where you are coming from- feel free to neg rep me or pm me your bs.

but im guessing you will see:

You must spread some neg reputation around before giving it to PBR again!
    I'm a cowboy on a steel horse i ride!

the blog

mtbr member
    That sure is a lot of assumptions to make from a small statement. And a hypothetical to boot!

One of my points is this: empty threats are ridiculous. Thanks for proving my point. Also, I, probably, wouldn't "kick the $hit out of him" for stealing my things. In fact, my things aren't worth the possible injuries involved with a physical altercation.

As for the "neg rep" business, you might want to check to color of that little symbol to the left of the comment. While the comment may be negative, I don't like the term "neg rep" because of the inherent contradiction of the terms. How does one have negative reputation? Poor reputation, no reputation, bad reputation, are all acceptable terms. But negative just doesn't fit there. I love how sensitive some of you are about your "MTBR super forum reputation." Just another tool to stroke your egos with, huh?

Then again, you're just making more assumptions.

The ultimate point of my post: keep bikes inside the house. Garages are too easy to get into and take things out of to store valuables there.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    sheesh!

That sure is a lot of assumptions to make from a small statement. And a hypothetical to boot!

One of my points is this: empty threats are ridiculous. Thanks for proving my point. Also, I, probably, wouldn't "kick the $hit out of him" for stealing my things. In fact, my things aren't worth the possible injuries involved with a physical altercation.

As for the "neg rep" business, you might want to check to color of that little symbol to the left of the comment. While the comment may be negative, I don't like the term "neg rep" because of the inherent contradiction of the terms. How does one have negative reputation? Poor reputation, no reputation, bad reputation, are all acceptable terms. But negative just doesn't fit there. I love how sensitive some of you are about your "MTBR super forum reputation." Just another tool to stroke your egos with, huh?

Then again, you're just making more assumptions.

The ultimate point of my post: keep bikes inside the house. Garages are too easy to get into and take things out of to store valuables there.
    hmmmm one small statement :

My point was you're too old (and should know better) than to make superfluous comments about intentionally hurting someone. That is high-school jock behavior that quickly turns into a cock measuring contest. I think you need to find some new terms for people who disregard the rules.

This guy was on a bike, which makes him a cyclist; a bad one, but a cyclist nonetheless. I understand not wanting to identify this person as part of the mountain biking community. However, calling him a punk misdirects the issue; that this cyclist has poor, to none, trail etiquette. Rather, by refusing to call a stone a stone you can justify your veiled threats and continue seeing yourself as better than your peers. I'm sure you didn't jump into mountain biking knowing all the rules. In fact, I can be certain you didn't know all the rules, but learned them as you became more experienced.

Also, using "punk" as a pejorative makes me think you have never known, or interacted, with punks (a self-identifing community, much like mountain bikers and cyclist) who accomplish many positive things and are quite adept at self-policing and educating those in, and in proximity, to their community.

Communication and community stem from the same root and meaning, thus community cannot exist without communication. Advocating vigilante justice, even if it is empty, stops all communication and serves to split communities. A movement cannot gain momentum if its energy is consumed internally. Yes, there are always going to be outliers on both sides of the curve. It is the responsibility of those that lie within two standard deviations to broaden the curve by educating the outliers and adding them to the core of the movement.

If you refuse to acknowledge this rider as part of our community, then you are refusing to confront the issue presented.

Time to ride some dirt jumps.

-R*#ert

youve sent me more than "one small statement" like this

and i think i'll continue back to my MTBR super forum ego stroking

the blog

i have changed my tampon - ready for the weekend to go ride bikes! somewhere!!

the blog

It's time for a road trip
    Dec 2011
    Pshh. You just need a big dog who doesn't like strangers.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    This forum reminds me why I got burned out of racing so easily.

friend of Apex
    Quote Originally Posted by PBR me! View Post
    i have changed my tampon - ready for the weekend to go ride bikes! somewhere!!
    I baked you a cake. Get well soon!

the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

friend of Apex
    Quote Originally Posted by SkaredShtles View Post
    Golden = New Denver Ghetto?

I knew it would go to hell in a handbasket when WKD-RDR moved in.

Yup, got me a ridin lawnmower, too. Say high if you see me out.

and maybe we can has a Bar-B-Q in the yard

friend of Apex

I like ironing

I love how sensitive some of you are about your "MTBR super forum reputation."
    I seem to remember you pouting about being called a dingleberry.

http://forums.mtbr.com/8937317-post35.html

im in - your hot tub still wurkin?
    Name:  redneck_wading_pool.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  52.3 KB

the blog

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lQkpes3dgzg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sorry, couldn't embed this one:

Say What Again-Pulp Fiction - YouTube
    Last edited by xcguy; 02-24-2012 at 04:29 PM.

friend of Apex
    im in - your hot tub still wurkin?
    Name:  redneck_wading_pool.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  52.3 KB
    oh fo sho, it is a mobile hot tub, ya know.

I moved it to my new front yard, (pump track will be built this summer)

mtbr member
    hmmmm one small statement :

youve sent me more than "one small statement" like this

and i think i'll continue back to my MTBR super forum ego stroking
    Proof is in the pudding, Cupcake!

Keep up the empty threats. Whatever it takes to make yourself feel better.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    cupcake? wow, I think that's a first for this forum. Pretty sure PBR isn't in to that kind of stuff.

mtbr member
    It takes a cold heart to not like cupcakes.

banned
    i look at this thread for tha lulz

Thread Terrorist
    Update:
    Be on the look out for a small silver foreign car, most likely 2 door. The thief had a cheaper rack that you hang your bikes off (off the back). Not a Thule T2 or anything. The kid was a blond, between the age of 18 and 21? some acne. My neighbor actually caught the kid trying to take his Pivot, confronted the kid, ran in for a quick kid thing and to grab the phone then tried to follow the kid. He hid the car around the corner, had left it running. Already had some bikes on the back. little did my friend know, the kid stole his wifes bike aready and came back for more. My neighbor didn't realize this until later.

This all happened early in the morning on Saturday. Garages were open because people were getting ready to go ride/ski, etc. My neighbor literally had opened the garage 10 minutes to load his car.

Keep on the look out for the blond kid in a silver foreign car. I'll get the plate numbers soon. We only have some of them.
    Golden Bike Park Group

Trestle Bike Park

friend of Apex
    Dam dude. I saw a car sitting at the end of a cul-de-sac in my hood that looked like that. I didn't think much of it because I didnt see a rack, but I had mental alarms going off because of your previous post and description. It was definately a young chica driving, talkin on her cell. I walked by and kinna gave her the WTF look, and she left.
    I believe it was a 2 door BMW.
    Next time I'll just slash her tires.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by IndecentExposure View Post
    Update:
    Be on the look out for a small silver foreign car, most likely 2 door. The thief had a cheaper rack that you hang your bikes off (off the back). Not a Thule T2 or anything. The kid was a blond, between the age of 18 and 21? some acne. My neighbor actually caught the kid trying to take his Pivot, confronted the kid, ran in for a quick kid thing and to grab the phone then tried to follow the kid. He hid the car around the corner, had left it running. Already had some bikes on the back. little did my friend know, the kid stole his wifes bike aready and came back for more. My neighbor didn't realize this until later.

This all happened early in the morning on Saturday. Garages were open because people were getting ready to go ride/ski, etc. My neighbor literally had opened the garage 10 minutes to load his car.

Keep on the look out for the blond kid in a silver foreign car. I'll get the plate numbers soon. We only have some of them.
    See how it goes? You all in these neighborhoods could not be more vigilant concerning this dbag thief. He actually gets caught red handed (stealing from once again an opened garage) and he still gets away with it. So---what's it going to take? More "headsup for this silver car, don't leave your garage doors open"?

Stand back
    Thieves better watch out, I have my garage door open while I'm working on the wife's car. Maybe I should keep some pepper spray handy.
    Golden Bike Park

Golden Connector Trails need your support!

Almost Human
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dbabuser View Post
    Thieves better watch out, I have my garage door open while I'm working on the wife's car. Maybe I should keep some pepper spray handy.
    You could learn a lesson from the National Park Service.
    Taser first, ask questions later.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BQyeCGzI4Hs" allowfullscreen="" width="560" frameborder="0" height="315"></iframe>

Thread Terrorist

Sting op?

Anyone interested in opening their garages Saturday morning and catching this guy? The guy is doing this early in the mornings on Saturday or Sunday. I say we band together and open the garages, place a bike as bait, and wait and nab this kid. I'd even host a Coffee gathering. Besides, I need to get up early to work on the GBP anyway.

Who's in?

IE. CSI-Golden.
    Golden Bike Park Group

Trestle Bike Park

Thread Terrorist
    See how it goes? You all in these neighborhoods could not be more vigilant concerning this dbag thief. He actually gets caught red handed (stealing from once again an opened garage) and he still gets away with it. So---what's it going to take? More "headsup for this silver car, don't leave your garage doors open"?
    It's one thing to leave your garage open overnight, or get it broken into, but to be loading your car to go skiing and then find someone random in your garage? I bet that was a shock for the time of day.
    Golden Bike Park Group

Trestle Bike Park

mtbr member

Now with 20% more fat!!
    Anyone interested in opening their garages Saturday morning and catching this guy? The guy is doing this early in the mornings on Saturday or Sunday. I say we band together and open the garages, place a bike as bait, and wait and nab this kid. I'd even host a Coffee gathering. Besides, I need to get up early to work on the GBP anyway.

Who's in?

IE. CSI-Golden.

I'd love to, but can't this weekend. Maybe next? This guy is picking on your neighborhood, so I think we definitely should set up a sting there. Cameras to record exactly what's up and get license plates - maybe a SPOT on the bike - strategic GoPros on bike and around - I think you should wear a helmet with a mounted camera on it during this whole thing... vehicles to block his car when he goes walking up to do his garage thievery... 91 dialed and 1 at the ready to report it... few big enough and fast enough guys that he's SOL... Might want to ask your officer neighbor for advice, so we don't cross any legal lines and get in trouble. I mean, are we allowed to bounce him off the pavement to secure him (citizens arrest) - are night sticks frowned upon - how bout kicking or use of bats - salt 'n pepa spray?

Thread Terrorist
    We need other stings in other areas of Golden. So my other neighbor (yes, another victim of this Dbag) had 2 Kona Stinky 24' DH bikes stolen from the same dude. They are winter park rental bikes, so keep an eye out for these. The dad of the two kids, is an Ex-Special Forces guy. He was loading his guns for a day at the range when he saw tracks in the snow- and then realized what happened. He really wants to catch this guy.

As do I. But I might let this guy go at the victum first.
    Golden Bike Park Group

Trestle Bike Park

Now with 20% more fat!!
    Well I'll be happy to set one up at my place, too. Make a fun morning out of it - coffee and donuts provided. I'll bait him with my wife's bike, just in case I fall asleep or something. Just kidding, sweetie....

not actually bad :)
    WKD - did she see in your garage, or russman's?
    Sounds like maybe she was scoping stuff out?

Also sounds like we need to be really looking out around Golden. A co-worker that lives in 6th Ave Estates, their neighbor's garage was left open, and a car was stolen overnight last week sometime. Granted the keys were in the car, but still.

I accidentally tried to bait the guy last night by leaving my garage open all night , but apparentley all my stuff is so crappy, they didn't want it.
    Or they knew I have already had 2 crappy bikes stolen in the past year and felt bad for me.
    Old Codger

Thread Terrorist
    This guy knows good bikes from bad. He moved older (but nice) bike around to get to others. He knows what he's looking for.
    Golden Bike Park Group

Trestle Bike Park

Light freak
    Probably watching this thread right now too. I have seen this conversation alot -

Hey where is the best place to live in Golden?

"_____" is a great neighborhood, close to great riding and all my neighbors are mtn bikers also!

Who's in?

IE. CSI-Golden.
    Sounds good then we can head over to GCB and kick our feet up!! I'll even bring the cupcakes!

Quote Originally Posted by scar View Post
    Probably watching this thread right now too. I have seen this conversation alot -

Hey where is the best place to live in Golden?

"_____" is a great neighborhood, close to great riding and all my neighbors are mtn bikers also!

IT is a good place and it needs to be kept that way - let folks know you cant just mess with peoples stuff!!

I've been called out for touting violence and "high school behavior" well i have had a truck stolen with all of my tools in it! so i know what it feels like- and it sucks!! so if this thread offends anyone they should move on to bigger and better things like DH'ing green mtn or maybe join a cupstacking club.

the blog

Stand back
    Sounds good then we can head over to GCB and kick our feet up!! I'll even bring the cupcakes!

IT is a good place and it needs to be kept that way - let folks know you cant just mess with peoples stuff!!

I've been called out for touting violence and "high school behavior" well i have had a truck stolen with all of my tools in it! so i know what it feels like- and it sucks!! so if this thread offends anyone they should move on to bigger and better things like DH'ing green mtn or maybe join a cupstacking club.
    You're pushing your luck letting base human emotions seep into your post. If I could, I'd neg rep you and call you a pet name.
    Golden Bike Park

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    dbabuser, what's with the 0 rep? Let me fix that for ya.

Stand back
    Ha, thanks.
    Golden Bike Park

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    dbabuser, what's with the 0 rep? Let me fix that for ya.
    Any way you could get me one of those red chiclets? I like the color.

rubber side down
    Quote Originally Posted by bad_andy View Post
    WKD - did she see in your garage, or russman's?

Also sounds like we need to be really looking out around Golden. A co-worker that lives in 6th Ave Estates, their neighbor's garage was left open, and a car was stolen overnight last week sometime. Granted the keys were in the car, but still.

I accidentally tried to bait the guy last night by leaving my garage open all night , but apparentley all my stuff is so crappy, they didn't want it.
    Or they knew I have already had 2 crappy bikes stolen in the past year and felt bad for me.
    Anyone who looks in my garage when it's open is scared sh&^*less. There's too much stuff in there. Scary to look at. :-)

I was burned on this in 2005. When i lived in Wheat Ridge, a thief took my Blur and my wife's Sumpjumper while I was mowing the lawn. 30 days later, the bikes showed up on Ebay by a pawn shop. Cops confiscated the bikes, caught the thief, and i received restitution and the dude went through the system. Idiot used his real ID when he pawned the stuff. I never leave my garage door open any more for anything.

R

friend of Apex
    Quote Originally Posted by bad_andy View Post
    That's what it seemed like. It was midday, my garage was open, but I was in and out. She was parked next to the house and was on her phone. The description of the car rang a bell from IEs description. I was so suspicious that I checked the plates in case anything was missing, nothing was so I didnt write it down. I gave her the eye, and she left.
    The car, as best as I can remember, looked something like this:

Maybe it wasn't a Chevy Cobalt, but similar for sure, and just about that color.

mtbr member

Make My Day Protects People Not Property

Yes, yes it does. However, it is for protecting your safety and the safety of your family not for protecting your property. That distinction is rooted in laws that predate the existence of the New World.

Thread Terrorist
    Tags have something like 776 or 766. Look for a combination of those numbers, one of which might be repeating. These car descriptions may be as far north as Lovelend... hint.

IE
    Golden Bike Park Group

Trestle Bike Park

Almost Human
    Sep 2007
    Tags have something like 776 or 766. Look for a combination of those numbers, one of which might be repeating. These car descriptions may be as far north as Lovelend... hint.

IE
    I thought the letters gave the county?

Members who have read this thread: 0