Thread: DIA route?

mtbr member

DIA route?

So, I hope not to get to much flack for posting this on the mt. bike form, but any way, look's like I have to drop a car off at DIA sunday a.m. and thought I might dust off and fill the tires on my poor forgottin road bike. Any body know a decent route back to Longmont?

contains quinine
    I could make it by heading in that general direction, but I'd never really know where I was at. From the few times I've taken the long way to the airport, I'd suggest heading north quite a ways on tower before turning west, to miss a lot of the sprawl/congestion/etc.
    Take the long cut, we'll get there eventually.

Perpetually single track
    Tower doesn't make it that far north (ends around 120th), but I'd say it's a good start.....west on 120th, north on something else to hwy52, hwy 52 to frontrage road east of highway 25, take that north to Hwy66, take 66 into North Longmont...

contains quinine
    Quote Originally Posted by ibmkidIII
    Tower doesn't make it that far north (ends around 120th), but I'd say it's a good start.....west on 120th, north on something else to hwy52, hwy 52 to frontrage road east of highway 25, take that north to Hwy66, take 66 into North Longmont...
    OK, that sounds right. Seems that there's some wide river valley out there too (Platte? Who knows?) with some white cliffs and big houses and slightly curving roads. Would be better than the standard prarie grid system that you'd be on most of the time. I don't think I could find it again without a map, I was navagating via dead reconling on my way home once...
    Take the long cut, we'll get there eventually.

Perpetually single track
    Quote Originally Posted by Debaser
    OK, that sounds right. Seems that there's some wide river valley out there too (Platte? Who knows?) with some white cliffs and big houses and slightly curving roads. Would be better than the standard prarie grid system that you'd be on most of the time. I don't think I could find it again without a map, I was navagating via dead reconling on my way home once...
    South Platte, it runs Northeast...mostly north. Sorta away from the direction he wants to go...but *shrug*, helluva lot more intersting than square grids across the prairre.
    The more out of shape you are, the steeper the hill looks.