mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Denver Post endorses biking in National Parks

So do I. Think of all the sweet singletrack that would be opened up to us, the peeps who really cherish the outdoors. You might have missed the editorial, here it is:

http://www.denverpost.com/opinion/ci_11310366
    Who's in charge, the thinker or the thought?

Yappy little dog!
    Quote Originally Posted by xcguy
    So do I. Think of all the sweet singletrack that would be opened up to us, the peeps who really cherish the outdoors. You might have missed the editorial, here it is:

http://www.denverpost.com/opinion/ci_11310366
    I do not see a problem with this. W was for it, but I don't think Mao is. We'll have to see.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by schnauzers
    I do not see a problem with this. W was for it, but I don't think Mao is. We'll have to see.
    Schnauzers, I'm not gonna get into some political debate with you but could you just not be such an ******* about our upcoming President? What the **** is wrong with you, anyway?
    I have a friend who always wants to talk politics. The only way we've stayed friends for over 20 years is we never talk politics or religion. Try it, at least on this forum. Sheeeesh.
    Who's in charge, the thinker or the thought?

Stiff yet compliant
    but I don't think Mao is.
    You base that on what, bigotry?

Yappy little dog!
    Quote Originally Posted by xcguy
    What the **** is wrong with you, anyway?:
    I'm right of center. I didn't know that was a crime.

Yappy little dog!
    Quote Originally Posted by Moustache rider
    You base that on what, bigotry?
    Mao = Bigotry?

I base it on his environmental position.

mtbr member
    Schnauzers = dumb @ss?

I base it on his stupid posts.

Seriously dude, try to add some value and not be so controversial. There's a place for your non-value-added posts and it isn't here. Perhaps that should be one of your new years resolutions.
    Biker? I don't even know her.

Stiff yet compliant
    You call him Maobama. White supremacists are calling him Obonga. Similar name, similar mentality.

Please educate us. What position of his indicates he would be against this rule change.

You are not right of center. Right of center is a perfectly reasonable position if you go about it in a reasonable manner. You present a carefully crafted image of selfishness, bigotry, ignorance and narcissism.
    You just keep telling yourself, "Oh poor me, people don't like me because they have views different from mine" and deny the fact that people don't like you because you act like a jackass.

Yappy little dog!
    Quote Originally Posted by Moustache rider
    You call him Maobama. White supremacists are calling him Obonga. Similar name, similar mentality.
    Oh, I don't think I am a white supremacist. Oh God, no. They'd tie me up (a Jew) faster than than him.

I call him Maobama because of his left wing (Maoist) stance on issues. His previous votes and stance on environmental issues (including public land access) suggest he would be against the rule change.

SylentK:

I don't see any difference from calling our current leader Dubya. I agree he is not the brightest flame.

However, you calling me a dumba$$ is a bit ignorant and kind of rude. For one, I am not a dumba$$ or even close to that.

Again, being a conservative Republican is not a crime. At least not yet.

skillz to pay billz
    I had no idea Mao was an environmentalist.

Yappy little dog!
    Quote Originally Posted by nOOby
    I had no idea Mao was an environmentalist.
    Valid point, sir.

Actually, he was an anti-environmentalist who thought that over extraction of resources was best for China.

Still, Obama stance is a true preservation policy for our nationís parks and forests.

Oh, So Interesting!
    For one, I am not a dumba$$ or even close to that.
    In some respects, you are. The difference between you and most people is that most people understand in what way they are a dumba$$ and try not to make a public display of it. For instance, I'm not going to try to give anyone tax advise as I'd come off sounding like a dumba$$. Similarly, your take on politics makes you sound like a dumba$$. Sorry to have to be "the one" to break it to you.

Yappy little dog!
    Quote Originally Posted by davec113
    In some respects, you are. The difference between you and most people is that most people understand in what way they are a dumba$$ and try not to make a public display of it. For instance, I'm not going to try to give anyone tax advise as I'd come off sounding like a dumba$$. Similarly, your take on politics makes you sound like a dumba$$. Sorry to have to be "the one" to break it to you.
    I'm not offering political advice. I am making a comment about a politicians position as I see it. Again, is that illegal or is it just because it is right of center?

Oh, So Interesting!
    I'm not offering political advice. I am making a comment about a politicians position as I see it. Again, is that illegal or is it just because it is right of center?
    ok, change that to "comment on taxes or tax policy". It was just an example. It is certainly possible to make comments right of center that do not come off as "dumba$$". For example, McCain used to make a lot of sense before he ran for president.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    I'm right of center. I didn't know that was a crime.
    Don't sell yourself short. You're right of right.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by SylentK
    Seriously dude, try to add some value and not be so controversial.
    There is no need to complement him. He self-aggrandizes enough.

Members who have read this thread: 0