I work in .001 tolerances

Denver/Boulder area riding suggestions...

I will be traveling to Thornton in 4 weeks for a little vacation. (I am moving to Thornton at the end of summer to finish school) Wondering if anyone can recommend any good trails (singletrack) in the area. I'm not afraid to drive for a goot ride, but I'm looking for something without crazy climbing. Coming from Minnesota I will have limited time to get adjusted to the altitude. So, any recommendations from the locals? Anything worth while in the Denver, Boulder, Thornton area? Any suggestions from the 'locals' would be greatly appreciated!
    Trying to make the most of my time out there.

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by HomegrownMN
    Any suggestions from the 'locals' would be greatly appreciated!
    Trying to make the most of my time out there.
    First off, welcome to Colorado! When you finally settle in here you will be amazed at all your trail options.

To start off, check out the local county website with lots of trail information.

Jeffco

You can start out doing the northern trails (White Ranch, Apex, Matthews-Winters area, Windy Saddle) since you will be staying up that way. Being in the north, you can also probably hit the trails up around Boulder/Lyons such as Hall Ranch if you want to drive just a bit further.

There is also a really good map of all the front range trails that you can order online...and it has almost every trail you could possibly reach in the Front Range area. Check it out here.

EDIT: I just noticed you said no crazy climbing. Thats a tall order for front range riding... but you can check out the Parmalee Gulch loop at the top of Mt. Falcon Park, Matthews-Winters isn't too bad even if you opt to go up the switchbacks (you can bypass them), and White Ranch has a lot of fun trail without too too much climbing if you start at the top instead of riding from the east lot. There are others, but these should more than get you started. How long do you have to ride while you are here?
    Last edited by SiberianYETI; 02-19-2005 at 10:59 AM.

I work in .001 tolerances

Response

(How long do you have to ride while you are here?)

6-7 Days open for riding. Trying to fit in fly fishing, riding, checking out the A.I. of denver, and spending time with friends. Kinda a long order to fill, but riding and school are the only 'have to do' things. Those pictures are Awesome! Thank you. I've had little saddle time here in MN. The weather has been bitterly cold and the only thing we have is ice everwhere. After rain the past few weeks we have ice on all the backroads, I just wanna have a good ride or two while visiting to enjoy myself.
    Thanks again!