Addicted

Deer Creek / Red Mesa back in business

Rode up and did the Red Mesa loop tonight. The lower section of trail is completely dry, although a bit rutted after some 4-legged animals used the trail while muddy. Trail is dry until the higher elevations (some water just past the Wall) and then there are a few patches of runoff/snow near the Red Mesa junction. Nothing serious, and the rocky trails means little or no actual mud (or trail damage).

Red Mesa had a few lingering drifts of snow going up the hill (clockwise direction) which required some brief portages, but there were only a few. All of the downhill part of Red is pristine!

Came out with a tiny splattering of mud on my bike after 7 miles of trail. Heaven!

ride, eat, live
    Nov 2004

thanks for update

i would have thot the upper portions of deer creek would be very late melting out and un-rideable for 2 more weeks...but once again i'm wrong! great news, i like riding that trail system to get in cardio shape
    i'm the man from nantucket

mtbr member

... and if we just ...

Quote Originally Posted by cbehnke
    i would have thot the upper portions of deer creek would be very late melting out and un-rideable for 2 more weeks...but once again i'm wrong! great news, i like riding that trail system to get in cardio shape
    I was up there there a couple of days ago and had to trek it through a snow field on the loop opposing red mesa. Other than that I think it's pretty rideable just use your heads because there is possible spots to do trail damage. As for all the freaking hikers and horses that used that bottom portion of that trail when it's muddy, well they can lick my bacteria infested chamois!

As for all you freeriders! There is a tree down on red mesa. 5 bucks to the first one that clears it. I want pictures though!