Dakota/MW Thursday morning anyone?- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    Reputation: scrublover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    8,846

    Dakota/MW Thursday morning anyone?

    Assuming it's dry enough by then...... any of you locals want to give any opinion on that?

    I'm thinking about 9am from the lot at the bottom of Zorro if it's dry enough, and the MW side if not.

    edited to change the time.
    Last edited by scrublover; 02-22-2006 at 02:05 PM.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

  2. #2

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,489
    Quote Originally Posted by scrublover
    Assuming it's dry enough by then...... any of you locals want to give any opinion on that?

    I'm thinking about 10am from the lot at the bottom of Zorro if it's dry enough, and the MW side if not.
    Dave thinks it'll be just fine. He's a mebbe.

    I'd love to be there, but I'll be on the road to Moab.

  3. #3
    Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    Reputation: scrublover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    8,846
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonys
    Dave thinks it'll be just fine. He's a mebbe.

    I'd love to be there, but I'll be on the road to Moab.

    cool; thanks. figure i'd give it one more day to dry before i drive all the way down there. plus, i don't have to be back up here as early thrusday vs. wednesday.

    going to head over there march 3-7th myself. been since last november i was over that way.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

  4. #4
    I can't ride 45!
    Reputation: jasonb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,158
    I might be able to make it -- post the final decision on meet place and time.

  5. #5
    Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    Reputation: scrublover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    8,846
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonb
    I might be able to make it -- post the final decision on meet place and time.

    I think I'll stick with 9am at the bottom of Zorro, unless I hear bad stuff about it tonight.

    If it turns out it's sticky, we can always spin up/around on the road to get to the middle trail entry.

    edited to change the time.
    Last edited by scrublover; 02-22-2006 at 02:05 PM.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

  6. #6
    post-ride specialist
    Reputation: icegeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    4,005
    status upgrade: probably

  7. #7
    Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    Reputation: scrublover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    8,846
    Quote Originally Posted by icegeek
    status upgrade: probably

    think things will be decent, from what you saw the other day?

    perhaps a 9am start, to have a bit more morning cold keeping things solid?

    out at hall this morning; a bit too wet for me to feel comfortable/worried about tearing up the trail, so i just played around on the rocks for an hour or so.
    Last edited by scrublover; 02-22-2006 at 01:32 PM.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

  8. #8
    post-ride specialist
    Reputation: icegeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    4,005
    Quote Originally Posted by scrublover
    think things will be decent, from what you saw the other day?

    perhaps a 9am start, to have a bit more morning cold keeping things solid?

    out at hall this morning; a bit too wet for me to feel comfortable/worried about tearing up the trail, so i just played around on the rocks for an hour or so.
    I recce'd yesterday about this time. Mostly it looks great but there were some spots in MW that looked gooey. Didn't consider Zorro. Good temps and wind today will help. 9 is probably better for me.

  9. #9

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,489
    Quote Originally Posted by icegeek
    I recce'd yesterday about this time. Mostly it looks great but there were some spots in MW that looked gooey. Didn't consider Zorro. Good temps and wind today will help. 9 is probably better for me.

    Nice avid tar, guy.

  10. #10
    post-ride specialist
    Reputation: icegeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    4,005
    Thanx, it was too good. Relax, Zippy will be back.

  11. #11
    post-ride specialist
    Reputation: icegeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    4,005
    I'm down with the niner and perhaps a couple shy of a sixer.

  12. #12
    My cup runneth over
    Reputation: rmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,369
    Did you guys go this morning? How were the trail conditions on MW?

  13. #13
    Time to go farther
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,338
    haha yea. I wanted to know the same thing
    On-One Lurcher SS
    Speedway Cycles Fatback Ti SS
    1984 Trek 560
    http://slipangles.blogspot.com/ - It's supposed to be fun

  14. #14
    Bad Case of the Mondays
    Reputation: Jdub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,009
    Quote Originally Posted by Pivvay
    haha yea. I wanted to know the same thing
    See this post...

  15. #15
    I can't ride 45!
    Reputation: jasonb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,158
    We were out early before the normal muddy spots on the north facing parts of MW thawed. That stuff might be pretty soupy this weekend. Zorro and DR were in good shape. Maybe GM/Zorro/DR would be best as the snow melts this weekend.

  16. #16
    post-ride specialist
    Reputation: icegeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    4,005
    Lather, rinse, repeat manana?

  17. #17
    Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    Reputation: scrublover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    8,846
    Quote Originally Posted by icegeek
    Lather, rinse, repeat manana?

    same time? i think i'd be up for it. 9am from zorro, or you want to start elsewhere?

    might bring the big bike, if ya'll won't mind waiting at the tops of the climbs a bit for me......

    perfect, because i have to run some errands in boulder, and could hit those on the way home.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

  18. #18
    post-ride specialist
    Reputation: icegeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    4,005
    Quote Originally Posted by scrublover
    same time? i think i'd be up for it. 9am from zorro, or you want to start elsewhere?

    might bring the big bike, if ya'll won't mind waiting at the tops of the climbs a bit for me......

    perfect, because i have to run some errands in boulder, and could hit those on the way home.

    Zorro works well, let's make it 10 unless you have constraints. Perfect, I'll bring a slightly larger bike too.

  19. #19
    Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    Reputation: scrublover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    8,846
    Quote Originally Posted by icegeek
    Zorro works well, let's make it 10 unless you have constraints. Perfect, I'll bring a slightly larger bike too.

    10 works. see you there.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.