bike rider

Custom Baggage Makers?

Does anyone know of a company in the area that makes luggage, packs, custom bags, or the like? I have a cardboard and Gorilla tape prototype bike box that I'd like replicated in nylon, plastic, and with zippers. I really just want one made for myself but I'd be interested in selling or sharing the design if they want to make them commercially.
    Keep the Country country.

Candlestick Maker
    J.Paks (based in Denver) does frame bags, etc.

J.PAKS_Adventure Cycling Frame Bags

No clue if Joe would be interested in what you're up to, but maybe it's worth dropping him an email...
    baker

bike rider
    Thanks, I sent him an email. Any other suggestions? I'll be in the Denver/Boulder area Tues & Weds and I'm gonna bring my prototype along.

A guy on a bike Moderator
    Check out this thread in the bikepacking forum:
    http://forums.mtbr.com/bikepacking-b...em-766873.html

mtbr member
    I found a guy named Greg W in Boulder through craigslist. Search "bikepacking" on craigslist. I was going to go with a Revelate product but his work looks solid and service is suppose to be right on. Seat bags, gas tanks, custom framebags et cetera.

I do have his email and phone if you want it

bike rider
    ^Please

bike rider
    Thanks. How sweet will it be if we can get a set of locally made, inexpensive luggage that lets you fly a bike, gear, and clothes (well protected and organized) for regular baggage charges and then folds up when you arrive?

4.0" fully suspended
    Nov 2006
    Highly recommend Greg. He made a custom framebag and gastank for my yelli screamy, which isn't your typical front triangle. He did this for me over a year ago and it's been thru several bikepacking trips
    Custom Baggage Makers?-yelli-bikepack.jpg

Candlestick Maker
    Quote Originally Posted by Lelandjt View Post
    Thanks. How sweet will it be if we can get a set of locally made, inexpensive luggage that lets you fly a bike, gear, and clothes (well protected and organized) for regular baggage charges and then folds up when you arrive?
    Very sweet! Keep us posted...
    baker

bike rider
    We just talked on the phone and I'm showing him my prototypes tomorrow! I'm stoked cuz this setup has taken the hassle out of traveling with a bike but the last trip resulted in a little wear and tear so I'm ready for a consumer quality version.

flowcus
    Is it just me, or is this thread about 2 separate topics? 1. Frame bags that fit ON your bike frame used to carry stuff while riding your bike. 2. Bags designed to carry bike frames AND stuff while traveling on airplanes. :-)
    Ok, here's the deal. I have a hangover. Who knows what that means?

A guy on a bike Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by fcrider View Post
    Is it just me, or is this thread about 2 separate topics? 1. Frame bags that fit ON your bike frame used to carry stuff while riding your bike. 2. Bags designed to carry bike frames AND stuff while traveling on airplanes. :-)
    That seems about right!

Re-reading the OP's first post, I'm actually not sure which he was asking about. I assumed bikepacking gear, but now I'm not so sure...

bike rider
    No, bike boxes for flying without being charged oversize fees. However, the people I'm gonna work with make bikepacking gear and custom bags. Greg liked the prototype and we were on the same page about construction and materials. Gonna get started on it in "two weeks".

Members who have read this thread: 0