mtbr member

Cone - Closure Lifted?

It appears the seasonal closure has been lifted?

http://www.co.jefferson.co.us/opensp...ce_T56_R95.htm

But then again if anyone responds we are not out riding it

Perpetually single track
    last I heard (as of last week) it was still closed...

Quote Originally Posted by ibmkidIII
    last I heard (as of last week) it was still closed...
    If it is closed then I participated in and saw about two dozen other cyclists, breaking the law yesterday

Perpetually single track
    poacher.

mtbr member

Elk Range Trail

I was there on Tuesday. There was a small sign at the Cent. Cone Road Parking area that said that the Elk Range Trail was closed for something involving Elk - calving I suppose, but I don't remember. No signs on any of the connectors that I saw though, so it would be very easy to miss.

Perpetually single track
    Quote Originally Posted by pinerider
    I was there on Tuesday. There was a small sign at the Cent. Cone Road Parking area that said that the Elk Range Trail was closed for something involving Elk - calving I suppose, but I don't remember. No signs on any of the connectors that I saw though, so it would be very easy to miss.
    If you went on the trail you'd have run into a really obvious gate from either side of it. It must have just opened yesterday, assuming Ed's not the poacher that we all know he is.
    The more out of shape you are, the steeper the hill looks.

If you went on the trail you'd have run into a really obvious gate from either side of it. It must have just opened yesterday, assuming Ed's not the poacher that we all know he is.
    No closed gates were encountered. No "Closed" signs were seen at any trail intersections nor at the Mayhem Gulch trailhead where we started. They should update the web site if the seasonal closure truly is over, all I see there is the old notification that the closure started in Feb.

Perpetually single track
    Quote Originally Posted by edemtbs
    No closed gates were encountered. No "Closed" signs were seen at any trail intersections nor at the Mayhem Gulch trailhead where we started. They should update the web site if the seasonal closure truly is over, all I see there is the old notification that the closure started in Feb.
    No worries mate, I was kidding...I'm sure you're in the right. Sounds like it was closed tuesday and opened up on Wed. prior to you getting there. From what I had heard much earlier it was supposed to be opened late May...so sounds like a ranger finally got out there to open the gates. Give them another month or so to update the web page...
    The more out of shape you are, the steeper the hill looks.

No worries mate, I was kidding...
    Pfft, I knew that!

We definitely lucked out though because I didn't even think to check about the seasonal closure this late in the calving season. I did make sure that all weekdays are multi-use

mtbr member
    D'OH, guess i was a few days too early...

rode there sunday for an out & back (twice). good news re: the early opening, as the sign that was posted sunday about the closure said no go until late summer.
    -
    .And following our will and wind . . .
    . . .We'll ride the spiral to the end
    and may just go where no one's been.

Now with 20% more fat!!
    I was there on Sunday, gotdirt... you must have been one of the 500 people I saw there... lol

Thread Terrorist
    Quote Originally Posted by pinerider
    Can't the Elk be more sensitive to our needs? I mean really, do they need to have calves in the middle of our trails? My wife didn't deliver in the middle of a street! GOSH!

Members who have read this thread: 0