Bite Me.

Colorado Trail Conditions

The CT is in prime condition. The rain has finally stopped and the moisture over the last few weeks has all the single track firmed up to perfection. The fall riding season is here. Thess shots were taken yesterday - Keystone Gulch to the top of West Ridge, down the west side to Horse Shoe Gulch. Up the Gulch to Blair Witch then home through the Soda Ridge Loop - 23.5 miles of bliss.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

slow
    Is pic #3 Blair? I have yet to ride it. The rest of that ride is hard to beat.

Bite Me.
    Quote Originally Posted by sgltrak
    Is pic #3 Blair? I have yet to ride it. The rest of that ride is hard to beat.
    Nope - for security reasons we're not posting pics of the Blair Witch Project
    - that drop is off the Aquaduct Trail heading east from Keystone Ranch to the Gulch. There's a great techy steep single track section (short but fun) that hooks up at the bottom of teh Gulch road after crossing a narrow footbridge over the creek.
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

slow
    I didn't recognize that, but I think I know the trail. Spends some time on the corrugated flume pipe if I remember correctly.
    Great shots.
    MW

Bite Me.
    Quote Originally Posted by sgltrak
    I didn't recognize that, but I think I know the trail. Spends some time on the corrugated flume pipe if I remember correctly.
    Great shots.
    MW
    That's the spot. If you're riding towards Keystone from the Ranch, you go past the corrugated pipe and around the cliffs. The drop cutoff is on the left after about 1/4 mile. You can also keep riding until you hit the first beaver pond - the single track bears off left along the creek from there, not as steep

Agent of tang
    Aug 2005
    when did you ride that? I was up there Saturday and did the Kesytone Gulch to the Aqueduct trail past Keystone Ranch and then did some loops up there with the CO Trail and back. It was MUDDY, one of the muddiest rides I have ever been on, but your pics look dry.

Bite Me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwhan
    when did you ride that? I was up there Saturday and did the Kesytone Gulch to the Aqueduct trail past Keystone Ranch and then did some loops up there with the CO Trail and back. It was MUDDY, one of the muddiest rides I have ever been on, but your pics look dry.
    We did it Sunday afternoon from 2:00 to 5:00. The only mud we hit was the climb out of Horseshoe Gulch in couple of short sections where it always gets a little boggy. The trail dries out fast.

Agent of tang
    Aug 2005
    what a difference a day makes. I still had a blast though.