mtbr member
    Aug 2005

Colorado Springs Rentals

Ok so we are headed to Co. Springs for labor day weekend. I lived there for 6 months so I sorta know the area. No bikes are being brought but I might want to rent one. More on that later.

Flying into Denver and driving staight to the Springs.

We are going to do 7 falls, Garden of the Gods and we are going to hike Pikes Peak (obviously on the hiking trail) I actually took my mt. bike up the the tree line when I lived there. That was a lot of pushing the bike.

Anyways today while doing hills, I thought it might be fun to ride up the road to Pikes Peak.

Is there a place I can rent a roadie/cross bike to do this with? Should I bring shoes and pedals?

Any advise is greatly appreciated.

Shoulda went faster
    Ted's Bicycles has a few road bikes for rental along with their mountain bikes.

The only bikes allowed on the Pike's Peak Highway are the tourists companies that shuttle you to the top and let you ride down with the group. No private individuals are allowed, as to which I can attest since I was kicked off when I tried.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    thanks for the reply

that sucks that only tour companies are allowed. Who kicked you off? What hapens if you are caught?

Ok if i cant do Pikes Peak by bike any other "epic" rides that would be worth it? Hate to be off the bike for 5 days so one good ride would make me happy

Shoulda went faster
    The folks that run the highway "politely" told me if I went any further they would give me the boot. I was riding with a friend and they allowed one of us to go get the vehicle we came in. There are plenty of great rides here in the Springs. I ride with the "Inflexibles" and you are welcome to come join one of our rides while you are in town.

Members who have read this thread: 0