BLKSS29RGD

Centennial Cone 3/10???

Anyone been up there in the past 2 weeks?

If I read the schedule right and recall the conversation with the park ranger, even though there is a closure until 6/1, we can still ride the single track from/between either parking area, we just can't ride the double track that connects the two upper parking areas?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

now in superlight!
    haven't been up there for several months...but the closure timeline sounds about right...you can ride from either parking lot - or my personal favorite mayhem gulch....and do an out-n-back...I'd be worried about the north facing parts and along the elk creek valley as those parts don't get too much sun and I would suspect to be still snow packed/icy/walk/ through (so as not to trash the trail)...but with the warm days ahead, I might have to spin around up there myself!
    If you don't stop whining- I'll call the whaaaa-mbulance!

Ka-coo-ka-cha!
    Get a bicycle. You will not regret it, if you live. ~Mark Twain, "Taming the Bicycle"

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by trialsguy315 View Post
    Anyone been up there in the past 2 weeks?

If I read the schedule right and recall the conversation with the park ranger, even though there is a closure until 6/1, we can still ride the single track from/between either parking area, we just can't ride the double track that connects the two upper parking areas?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    May be closed but nothing is stopping you from going the whole way.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkenbikesnob View Post
    May be closed but nothing is stopping you from going the whole way.
    You are a f^cking troll. Any relation to chicken man?

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by brokefork View Post
    You are a f^cking troll. Any relation to chicken man?
    Thank you for those kind words. Judging from your past encounters with various members of this establishment, I would guess you are not exactly a recipient of the MTBR member of the year award.

Oh, and no relation to KC, but he seems to have the correct impression of you.

Ha ha. Brokedork Lulz!

mtbr member
    Are you seriously advocating ignoring the closure?

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsnotfour View Post
    Are you seriously advocating ignoring the closure?
    As a matter of fact, yes.

As long as I see other users (hikers and equestrians) ignoring the rules, I will also ignore the rules. Screw that bvllsh!t.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Congratulations, Mr. Snob, you just made my Ignore List in record time. Fastest ever!
    Who's in charge, the thinker or the thought?

mtbr member
    I recommend riding it as an OAB - you get twice the ST and skip the boring road.

Post up a TR - I'm curious how muddy it is.
    "Serves you right to suffer." -The Wife (after being 2 hours late)

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by xcguy View Post
    Congratulations, Mr. Snob, you just made my Ignore List in record time. Fastest ever!
    Do you actually ride a bike?

lucky enough

As long as I see other users (hikers and equestrians) ignoring the rules, I will also ignore the rules. Screw that bvllsh!t.
    This is the lamest, most short-sighted post I have ever seen. The drunken snob has gone over the edge in my opinion. I wonder what other things he would do because "other people do it". Why follow rules if someone else doesn't? How would the world be if everyone felt like that?
    I've never felt the need to put someone on ignore, but I'll do it for someone who has no regard for others and no regard for how hard people have worked to improve mountain bike access.
    "Don't take life so serious, son . . . it ain't no how permanent." - Porky Pine

mtbr member
    Talk to a ranger on sunday. he said it still really muddy in the north side with snow and ice as well in the open spots its good so be careful.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by xcguy View Post
    Amen!

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by thermos View Post
    Amen!
    Amen to what? Ready to tell us who you are yet? You are nothing but a stinking shill OS employee trying to get us to give up our trails.

Come on lady, spill the beans and maybe we'll let that Klein Mantra down a trail someday.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Amen to what? Ready to tell us who you are yet? You are nothing but a stinking shill OS employee trying to get us to give up our trails.

Come on lady, spill the beans and maybe we'll let that Klein Mantra down a trail someday.
    this piece of cr^p has obviously been lurking for years, just now has the guts to join in on the fun. Probably been typing up his proposed posts the last 6 months and now he's ready to show us all what he's got. Yeah, chicken man doesn't care for me much, but probably most on this forum hate his guts too, and now you get your wish, you take his place as the most hated member of the front range forum. Good for you.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by brokefork View Post
    this piece of cr^p has obviously been lurking for years, just now has the guts to join in on the fun. Probably been typing up his proposed posts the last 6 months and now he's ready to show us all what he's got. Yeah, chicken man doesn't care for me much, but probably most on this forum hate his guts too, and now you get your wish, you take his place as the most hated member of the front range forum. Good for you.
    I really do not know why you keep bringing up Mr. Chicken. You must have a serious thing for him, since you mention him in almost every thread. Maybe it's time you tell him of your true feelings for him and go out on a date.

Why am I hated? Disprove what I just wrote about Thermos. Go ahead. I dare you.

One doesn't have to be a lurker for many years to read back posts. It is very simple to do.

Anyway I'll continue to ride the trails I want when I want. Oh and buff creak was stunning today. On my way home now and I might even take a short spin at Reynolds and do some of the secret stuff off of them.

friend of Apex
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

banned
    this thread haz moar lulz

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I want to see KarateChicken and drunkenbikesnob get into it. Popcorn ready.
    Who's in charge, the thinker or the thought?

Members who have read this thread: 0