mtbr member
    Mar 2012

Buff Creek- please, ride on the trails- not around them

Upper Gashouse is getting abused

The barrier is a gentle reminder to ride the actual trail over the rocks. Someone keeps tearing it down. The social trail around the rocks has become worse than ever this year. This is a great place to ride- please, don't F it up.
    Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kgm
    mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Blame "sharing mountain biking"

Total Goober
    Sep 2009
    One can probably save 1/100th of a second on Strava by riding around those rocks. Totally justified...
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuglio View Post
    You guys suck im all bummed now

ride
    What rocks?

And thanks for keeping the trail choked.
    Redstone Cyclery
    intense*transition*rocky mountain*turner
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

mtbr member
    I call it lazy mountain biking. I see riders on nice squishy FS bikes riding around every little pebble and root and as shown above widen what was once a sweet narrow single track. LAZY I say !

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Exactly!!! Every spot at buffalo creek that has a root in the trail has doubled or tripled in width. When i ride with friends on hardtails or rigid they know how to either bunny hop, manual or wheelie and then pull the rear tire up over the root while my squishy friends always seem to ride around it. Since we are on the topic of widening trails. Riding off trail is not yielding! I am going to try and work with COMBA to create a flyer that hopefully bike shops would be willing to put on all new bikes that are sold that reinforces this. Lair of the Bear is now a double track trail and it's a favorite for all beginners. Coincidence....I really doubt it

Quote Originally Posted by danaco View Post
    I call it lazy mountain biking. I see riders on nice squishy FS bikes riding around every little pebble and root and as shown above widen what was once a sweet narrow single track. LAZY I say !

Almost Human
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Mothra View Post
    What an eyesore!

The 5th knuckle
    Quote Originally Posted by cbrock450 View Post
    I am going to try and work with COMBA to create a flyer that hopefully bike shops would be willing to put on all new bikes that are sold that reinforces this. Lair of the Bear is now a double track trail and it's a favorite for all beginners. Coincidence....I really doubt it
    I'm willing to lend a hand if you need some help. A pet peeve of mine as well. I hate when it gets damp and people go AROUND the mud. Candies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hernando Gutierrez
    The only thing you have to figure out is don't fall down. To keep riding the bike.

bacon! bacon! bacon!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cbrock450 View Post
    Lair of the Bear is now a double track trail and it's a favorite for all beginners. Coincidence....I really doubt it
    I agree that we should keep single track single and wanted to point out some of the stuff on Lair that has widened the trail is not because of the beginners. Its intermediate and expert riders including features on the trails edge in their lines or riding the embankment to make a bermed corner. Its also true as you pointed out that some beginner riders avoid natural features and widen the trail as well. I am not a huge fan of trail sanitizing but I do see one benefit in it. When the trail crew comes out they re-establish the boundaries of the trail putting it back closer to its original width. I guess I wonder what's so hard about the pictures shown at BC that you'd need to ride around? If there's any place to pull out your fully rigid 29er SS, BC would be it except Raspberry and Blackjack.
    Narrow is the path to life, few are those who find it.

bacon! bacon! bacon!