abnormally aspirated
    Jun 2005

Bridge out on Two Elk; X-Post from TGR

FYI from someone on TGR:

Quote Originally Posted by telemike
    Heads up! A huge rock smashed the bridge over 2 Elk Creek about 3/4 of a mile above the Minturn trailhead, so my crew and I removed what was left of it on Sat. Don't miss all the obnoxious signs and flagging and ride right off the bank, ok? Folks are finding their way across without much trouble.

Here's what I found a couple weeks ago.

Maybe I'll post a couple photos of us yanking the 1000 pound steel I-beams out of the creek with ropes and pulleys...

I can't believe how many people I've heard whine about getting their feet wet. It's MOUNTAIN biking ain't it?

Anyway - I hope to replace it next summer.

Anyone on a mtn bike forum want to cross post this for me?
    Prolly not a big deal, but what they hey...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    We rode Two Elks on Saturday and as brettf said, what was left of the bridge has been removed. But don't let wet feet stop you, it's one of the best rides around. And thanks brettf and crew for all the hard work. We stopped and spoke with you guys when we came through. That's a monumental effort you guys have undertaken.

FRMBP.org - Paying it Forward

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Where is Two Elk? I'd like to go see if I can jump across the bridge. Just kidding- I'd like to ride it.

abnormally aspirated
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyer
    Where is Two Elk? I'd like to go see if I can jump across the bridge. Just kidding- I'd like to ride it.
    Behind Vail. There are some maps out there online I'm sure and a proper map of the area (Lat40 probably makes one - they make good maps) will have it on there.

Also - didn't mean to misrepresent. I didn't have anything to do with the trail effort on this one - just passing the word on.

Peace.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Thaks. It's nice to get out further away sometimes. I'll have to check this trail out in a month or so.

Members who have read this thread: 0