mtbr member

Brian Stiff Has Passed Away

I was informed today that Brian Stiff, a long time Mtb and road rider of the front range has passed away from natural causes.

I did not know him very well but knew he was very passionate about cycling and also knew him from the mtb racing community.

For those that did know him well, it would be nice if you could share your thoughts and post any photos of him that would help to refresh our memories of him.

He leaves behind his wife and two young children. Our thoughts and prayers are with them.

RIP
    Last edited by danaco; 02-13-2012 at 07:03 PM.

contains quinine
    Quote Originally Posted by danaco View Post
    I was informed today that Brian Stiff, a long time Mtb and road rider of the front range has passed away from natural causes.

I did not know him very well but knew he was very passionate about cycling and also knew him from the mtb racing community.

For those that did know him well, it would be nice if you could share your thoughts and post any photos of him some may have that would help to refresh our memories of him.

He leaves behind his wife and two young children. Our thoughts and prayers are with them.

RIP
    Dave @Redstone may have already put it best.

https://www.facebook.com/redstonecyclery

I'm just happy I was able to laugh some laughs and raise a beer with him Friday at happy hour. It sure was a good one that had me smiling all the way home.
    Take the long cut, we'll get there eventually.

ride
    Brian was a really good buddy. He was part of our crew, pretty much an original since when we all started. When I think of "Redstone Cyclery" I don't think of it as me and the business I run. I think of it instead of a great family of community and people and bikes. Brian was a founding pillar in the Redstone family and I'm really, really going to miss him. He was a kickass dude all the way around.

I stopped by the house today. Julie is doing pretty well I guess all things considered. It's a good thing that she has such a community of support. I can't even imagine. Services for Brian will be this coming Saturday. Feel free to get in touch with me if you want the details.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Brian Stiff Has Passed Away-stiffee.jpg  

Redstone Cyclery
    intense*transition*rocky mountain*turner
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

Now with 20% more fat!!
    I didn't know Brian, but I'm always sorry to hear about someone from the cycling community passing way too early... My heart goes out to his friends and family and wife and his young girls. I'm happy that he was passionate and enjoyed his time on this planet and touched so many people in his community. We should all be so lucky... RIP Brian!

zrm
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Didn't know him either, but it always tugs at my heart when someone passes too early and leaves loved ones behind. It always a reminder to makes the best of the time you have.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by zrm View Post
    didn't know him either, but it always tugs at my heart when someone passes too early and leaves loved ones behind. It always a reminder to makes the best of the time you have.
    +1

Gone are the days we stopped to decide,
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

mtbr member
    My thoughts and prayers for the family and friends.

mtbr member
    I never met Brian, but he sounds like a cool cat. RIP fellow mtb'er

mtbr member
    Jul 2005

Good times

We only rode together a few times, this one is the 2009 Gold Tour. Great ride and good times.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Brian Stiff Has Passed Away-img_1600.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 0